H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I bought a chrome antenna base. It fits over the existing base. However, you have to remove the antenna? I tried a pair of pliers, but ended up chiping some paint. Is there an easy way to remove the antenna? I notice there is the antenna and a small black base. I'm figuring that I'm making this more difficult than it is?

Any suggestions?
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I bought a chrome antenna base. It fits over the existing base. However, you have to remove the antenna? I tried a pair of pliers, but ended up chiping some paint. Is there an easy way to remove the antenna? I notice there is the antenna and a small black base. I'm figuring that I'm making this more difficult than it is?

Any suggestions?
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

Put the top of the antenna through the hole in the stainless base and then slide it down the antenna then attach it to the black base. Probably with 3M tape.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

It has the 3M tape on the back. The problem is that it won't slide all the way down. You have to remove the antenna. The antenna has the a small flat black base - I was instructed to use pliers and turn this?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold the ant down carefully but firmly, then with tweezers or the like, pluck gently in one fell swoop so it will be as quick and painless as possible.

Poor thing, what do you want to do that for?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hold the ant down carefully but firmly, then with tweezers or the like, pluck gently in one fell swoop so it will be as quick and painless as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm confused. I was told to "unscrew" the antenna using a pair of pliers. I was going to get a pair that would scraped the paint.

What's the correct way to remove the antenna and make it easy to put it back?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Figured it out. Go to Sear's and get little rubber covers for the pliers - $1.99. Turn the counter clockwise at the base where it's flattened. Pop off the plastic cover -- and then replace with your Chrome accessory.

Maybe a slight off center (that 3M tape means business), but it looks great. No one (other than my obsessive compulsive self) will notice.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmeinck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hold the ant down carefully but firmly, then with tweezers or the like, pluck gently in one fell swoop so it will be as quick and painless as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm confused. I was told to "unscrew" the antenna using a pair of pliers. I was going to get a pair that would scraped the paint.

What's the correct way to remove the antenna and make it easy to put it back?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was referring to the insect as a joke, I was under the influence- please disregard.

You will learn never to take technical advice from me eventually, I know nothing about that stuff.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Everything worked out for the best. A very, very, very small scratch -- but that's it. I'm not handy at all, but learning.