H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

Has anyone built a set of rock sliders yet for their H3? I want to get a set (manditory equipment here in AZ). I would prefer not to have to get them from the dealer. I may have them fabbed up myself at a local shop.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

Has anyone built a set of rock sliders yet for their H3? I want to get a set (manditory equipment here in AZ). I would prefer not to have to get them from the dealer. I may have them fabbed up myself at a local shop.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

felsmann is off the scale

How much are they from the dealer? Fabbing some up would be $300-$500!!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by felsmann:
How much are they from the dealer? Fabbing some up would be $300-$500!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's probably less than the dealer. A custom set would probably be much stronger, also.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:28 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

the local dealer here mentioned close to $700.00 for a set, but is guessing because they dont have a listing for them yet. I am going to check with a local fab shop to see what they will charge.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

FormerJeeper is off the scale

They are available for $500 from the dealer.

-C
Old 09-08-2005, 02:46 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

What dealer is that I just spoke to our local dealer and he quoted me $769.00 although that did include installation.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by felsmann:
How much are they from the dealer? Fabbing some up would be $300-$500!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's probably less than the dealer. A custom set would probably be much stronger, also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi KenP,
I got a quote from a local shop of $500- $700. Timgco said it was high. I would not want the steps, I'd only be using them for wheeling anyway.

What type of shop should I be looking at?

These are the guys who I got the quote from:
Extreme Gear

It seems like they know what they are doing
Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
How much are they from the dealer? Fabbing some up would be $300-$500!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's probably less than the dealer. A custom set would probably be much stronger, also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi KenP,
I got a quote from a local shop of $500- $700. Timgco said it was high. I would not want the steps, I'd only be using them for wheeling anyway.

What type of shop should I be looking at?

These are the guys who I got the quote from:
Extreme Gear

It seems like they know what they are doing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would look for a shop that builds rock buggys or baja rigs. That should be a very easy job for them. If you could get a set made for $300 to $400, I'd jump on it. Ask you local 4 wheel parts store who they would suggest going to. That's about all I cay say about a custom job.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:09 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

I am taking my truck in Tuesday to have a set fabbed up by one of the local rock crawler shops here in Phoenix... I will keep yo posted on what comes of it.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MyxH3:
I am taking my truck in Tuesday to have a set fabbed up by one of the local rock crawler shops here in Phoenix... I will keep yo posted on what comes of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe ask them to give you a little better of a deal and you will pass the word around about their custom work.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Maybe ask them to give you a little better of a deal and you will pass the word around about their custom work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, see if they will do some qty pricing for members here. Or maybe see if Jason would be interested in carrying them. Just looked and my dealer wants $899 for them and the price list doesn't say if they are installed or not. They must be getting so real good crack over there

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MyxH3:
I am taking my truck in Tuesday to have a set fabbed up by one of the local rock crawler shops here in Phoenix... I will keep yo posted on what comes of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe ask them to give you a little better of a deal and you will pass the word around about their custom work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Extreme Gear guys I went to are rock crawler builders and Jeepers. So I just want to see what other people are paying before I jump in and do it.
Here is a link to their shop photo:
Extreme Gear Shop
Pretty cool stuff
Old 09-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

I got them for around $400,00 from the dearler not installed. The bolts line up so you can install them yourself.

They are pretty heavy duty and heavy - at least 40 pounds each. I have picutes on my website.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:30 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

I have already mentioned the interest that others have shown, my appointment was changed to thursday do to a military obligation that came up, I will update as i hear more.

Just me but if you use the slider, H3 Hummer wont you rip off the little step that you have attached to them? Kinda defeats the purpose doent it? Or do you remove them when you go offroad?