H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Hello all I got the bumper letter inserts from ebay... autoxccessory.com is there web store. I juts purchasd them off the auction.

I got them in last night and they were packed well but were warped a bit no biggie I straightened them so they were flat. They came with the 3m plastic primer a nice kit.

Problems:

1) the letters looked to me like they were laser cut or plasma cut, the edges were real rough and not particularly square, irregular edges. The were small balls of slag hanging off of them...(I know I am super anal) but I still think they could have done a nicer job of finishing them.

2) the letters could have been larger as they really didnt fill the void as much as they could have IMO...so getting them centered was a PIA.

3) the "R" was cut poorly, at first I didnt think I would be able to get it in when I fianlly did it is cocked at an angle....looks like shI*...the only way it will go in, so now the base of the letters dont line up with the R

Is there one manufacturer for these stainless inserts? or are there several companies who make them?

I dont want to order another set only to find I get the same one from the same manufacturer sold under a different seller.

I paid like 39 shipped.

I see that AutoWebAccessories.com has them also and in there exploded pic the fit looks real nice they are twice the money 60 bucks and change but I am willing to spend it for ones that fit correctly.

I definately want the stainless ones can someone tell me how the AutoWebAccessories.com pieces fit? and look. I am on the hunt for a better set....basically which stainless ones are the best quality and fit?

Thank You!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM

Hello all I got the bumper letter inserts from ebay... autoxccessory.com is there web store. I juts purchasd them off the auction.

I got them in last night and they were packed well but were warped a bit no biggie I straightened them so they were flat. They came with the 3m plastic primer a nice kit.

Problems:

1) the letters looked to me like they were laser cut or plasma cut, the edges were real rough and not particularly square, irregular edges. The were small balls of slag hanging off of them...(I know I am super anal) but I still think they could have done a nicer job of finishing them.

2) the letters could have been larger as they really didnt fill the void as much as they could have IMO...so getting them centered was a PIA.

3) the "R" was cut poorly, at first I didnt think I would be able to get it in when I fianlly did it is cocked at an angle....looks like shI*...the only way it will go in, so now the base of the letters dont line up with the R

Is there one manufacturer for these stainless inserts? or are there several companies who make them?

I dont want to order another set only to find I get the same one from the same manufacturer sold under a different seller.

I paid like 39 shipped.

I see that AutoWebAccessories.com has them also and in there exploded pic the fit looks real nice they are twice the money 60 bucks and change but I am willing to spend it for ones that fit correctly.

I definately want the stainless ones can someone tell me how the AutoWebAccessories.com pieces fit? and look. I am on the hunt for a better set....basically which stainless ones are the best quality and fit?

Thank You!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought mine from the dealer for $75.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:18 PM

ya know I just realized the ones sold by AutoWebAccessories.com for 67 are OEM...wish I got them from them to start with......
I am gonna get them stay away from the ebay ones they are garbage if your into the details from 30 feet tehy look great at 3 they definately could be better....

thnx
Old 11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

I just ordered these from h2parts.com, Lynch Hummer on Sunday, they cost $28.45 (without shipping). I'll let you know how they fit.

Boulder Grey H3
Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 PM

I ordered a set from http://hummer.autowebaccessories.com...1309_12997.php

these are the OEM ones from HUMMER for 67 dollars.

I assume they will be a much better fit and finish than the others as they are the OEM ones.

Thanks
UNOMYFLO
Old 11-10-2005, 01:47 AM

UPDATE:

I got the OEM stainless bumper letter inserts and they are 100 times nice then the ebay ones...twice as shiny twice as thick the fit is perfect the r fits like a glove...67 bucks as opposed to 39 but well woth the extra cash IMO.

Go OEM

later M