H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I became attached to the Hummer brand in June of 2002 as a new hire at a Hummer dealership in New Mexico. After driving the H1 I knew Hummer was the brand of vehicle I wanted to sell and that a lot of money would be made on the H2. . I made the money and after going to school in South Bend for Hummer certification I wanted to own one. I am out of the business now, back into broadcasting and after much anticipation had my first test drive of the H3. It is everything I hoped it would be. I find the acceleration is just like the H2. The squatty windows give a false sense of speed when driving because there is less moving around you. I did fine on the freeway in my opinion. The Mgr. told me they are moving fast at $1,000 over sticker. I will have to wait for fall but was very impressed with it for the price. It is a real Hummer and like nothing else.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Hummer Guru

I became attached to the Hummer brand in June of 2002 as a new hire at a Hummer dealership in New Mexico. After driving the H1 I knew Hummer was the brand of vehicle I wanted to sell and that a lot of money would be made on the H2. . I made the money and after going to school in South Bend for Hummer certification I wanted to own one. I am out of the business now, back into broadcasting and after much anticipation had my first test drive of the H3. It is everything I hoped it would be. I find the acceleration is just like the H2. The squatty windows give a false sense of speed when driving because there is less moving around you. I did fine on the freeway in my opinion. The Mgr. told me they are moving fast at $1,000 over sticker. I will have to wait for fall but was very impressed with it for the price. It is a real Hummer and like nothing else.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

TrojanH3 is off the scale

usetosell,

Are you in NM? I just went by the dealer yesterday here in Albuquerque and was amazed that they were CLOSED at 6:10PM. I guess they close at 6 ... I have never heard of a dealer closing that early on a weekday.

Oh well, there were a couple parked out front so I got a good look but I did notice the $1000 dealer markup over MSRP. Unreal! I would NEVER pay that.

I have to wait until they come down below MSRP but the more I see them the more I want one.

Karl
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Hummer Guru

yea they close at 6 from what I understand. If you work them I am sure they will come down a bit but if that doesn't work try Sewell in Dallas.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

We're selling them at MSRP, if you fly on a weekday, a plane ticket to DFW will cost you $177. I'll pick you up at the airport, so there's no taxi charges. It's about 650 miles from Plano to Albuquerque, so you're looking at at only having to buy a single tank of gas, so all told you'll spend about $225 extra to fly and drive your new H3 as opposed to paying $1000 for the privilege of buying one at all. And you'll already have your first adventure in your H3 built in.

If I can be of any help, let me know. We have 10 available right now.

Andy Luten
Sewell Hummer of Plano
aluten@sewell.com
Old 06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Hummer Guru

see the guys at Sewell are strait-up, Aggie, do you think you will take Gms later in the fall? I was in the busniess and won't pay retail.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
see the guys at Sewell are strait-up, Aggie, do you think you will take Gms later in the fall? I was in the busniess and won't pay retail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is that? I'm just curious...
Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Guru

After seeing the huge first year loss and the fact that I will have to finance the truck I will never pay retail for any vehicle again. Mark-up on the truck is between 3 and 5 k depending on the options installed. Some H2 owners have taken a 20-30% loss in the first year. You will be able to buy a 34,000 H3 from an auction first of next year for probally 25-26k. I just won't do it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Ouch, that doesn't sound good Well, at least I will try to enjoy my H3 now that I have it

Thanks for the explanation!