Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 03-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaggy in Moab.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw it at the auto show, it definately brings the suck more in person. IMHO it looks like a friggin Mini Cooper with a 3 inch lift. Which ='s SUPER GHEY!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it, and that's all that matters to me. Get to pick it up between the 6th and the 13th.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

DTHVLY is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you getting the auto or manual and what options if any did you chose. Post pics when you get it.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Auto, Convenience Package, Rock Rails, Rear Diff Lock
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Shaggy. Post picks when you get it. What color?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ipedog:
Congrats Shaggy. Post picks when you get it. What color? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The appraiser fcuked me on the value of my house (just found out last night)...so it might not be happening after all. Oh well. Guess I will be ShaggyZr2 a little longer.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ipedog:
Congrats Shaggy. Post picks when you get it. What color? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The appraiser fcuked me on the value of my house (just found out last night)...so it might not be happening after all. Oh well. Guess I will be ShaggyZr2 a little longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Come again!

The value of your house? What does the value of your house have to do with buying the truck? Please don't tell me you were trying to use your home equity to buy the truck.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
Congrats Shaggy. Post picks when you get it. What color? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The appraiser fcuked me on the value of my house (just found out last night)...so it might not be happening after all. Oh well. Guess I will be ShaggyZr2 a little longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Come again!

The value of your house? What does the value of your house have to do with buying the truck? Please don't tell me you were trying to use your home equity to buy the truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, he won't.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Yes I was trying to use equity to buy the truck. So what? Can't afford 27k over 6 years, but I can afford 27k over 30. More expensive in the long run, but cheaper now. Too bad the Lender told the Appraiser to lowball me, so he cut 20k off of the value of my house. Oh well.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

You don't need a new truck that bad. I'm honestly happy for you that the appraisal came in low.

The problem with that is that you would end up stacking debt. Since the truck won't last the 30 years, you'll acquire additional debt sometime in the future for another vehicle and still be making payments on this one and then again and then again.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
You don't need a new truck that bad. I'm honestly happy for you that the appraisal came in low.

The problem with that is that you would end up stacking debt. Since the truck won't last the 30 years, you'll acquire additional debt sometime in the future for another vehicle and still be making payments on this one and then again and then again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand what you are saying, but I did put more thought into it then you might think. I am still going to try to get a "second opinion" on the appraisal to make this work. If not, oh well. I will be disappointed, but like you said. Its not like I need it. Just want it.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand what you are saying, but I did put more thought into it then you might think. I am still going to try to get a "second opinion" on the appraisal to make this work. If not, oh well. I will be disappointed, but like you said. Its not like I need it. Just want it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
From the sounds of it, if you had just banked your daily weed money, you would have saved enough to pay for the FJ in cash
Old 03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
From the sounds of it, if you had just banked your daily weed money, you would have saved enough to pay for the FJ in cash </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn...that hurt. What have I ever done to you ree?

BTW...I DO NOT SMOKE WEED.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn...that hurt. What have I ever done to you ree?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nothing. In fact you seem like a really nice person. But you have to admit, you're also really good sport at taking a beating
Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
Damn...that hurt. What have I ever done to you ree?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nothing. In fact you seem like a really nice person. But you have to admit, you're also really good sport at taking a beating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hehe...you have no idea. You werent around for any of my "hazings"...notice it is plural. There have been a few (mostly deserved, but that is beside the point).
Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

The problem with that is that you would end up stacking debt. Since the truck won't last the 30 years, you'll acquire additional debt sometime in the future for another vehicle and still be making payments on this one and then again and then again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand what you are saying, but I did put more thought into it then you might think. I am still going to try to get a "second opinion" on the appraisal to make this work. If not, oh well. I will be disappointed, but like you said. Its not like I need it. Just want it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're almost an adult, so you can obviously do what you want. But, financially, it's just not a good idea since you don't know what curves life has down the road.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Authority

You're almost an adult, so you can obviously do what you want. But, financially, it's just not a good idea since you don't know what curves life has down the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since when has "good idea" ever been a concern for me? Just trust me...I am not as stupid as I lead on.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

there are other lenders.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar:
there are other lenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>True, but a different lender doesn't make much of a difference if it is going to appraise at the same value. The lender is "seeing what he can do to make it work". I am staying hopeful. I suppose worst case I bring the s10 to Moab, and ONLY drive Lion's Back. Not sure it has many off-road miles left in it.