H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road
Default Truxxx Install

Hopefully I will have the kit before the end of the week. How hard are they to install ???
Old 12-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Truxxx Install

x2
I would really like to know if it would be an easy install!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:27 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you happen to read the instructions on their site?

http://truxxx.com/instructions/40303...structions.pdf

Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

i installed the truxxx kit on my 07 h3 about 3 weeks ago. very easy to install per the instructions. set the ride hight to there specs, witch raised front 2.75 inches. did NOT change ride quality. had front end aligned to there specs, looks much better, only proublem im having is popping and squicking over bumps and when backing up. ive called there tech dept. about the issue, they told me to check and make sure the new index keys are sitting square to the cross member. i did and they look fine. i will keep looking in spare time. is anyone else having this issue with the truxxx kit? if so how did you fix? thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Hummer Novice

HummerHead is on a distinguished road

Please post some pics if you get a chance. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

put the truxxx kit on last friday and took it out wheelin on saturday
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Hummer Novice

HummerHead is on a distinguished road

I really like the American Racing rims you have on your rig...I was wondering, though, if the Truxxx kit is compatible with the stock rims?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog
, only proublem im having is popping and squicking over bumps and when backing up. is anyone else having this issue with the truxxx kit? if so how did you fix? thanks.

That noise will stop in about a month when the keys get settled back in. You can even spray some lube in the keys and it will make the settling in process faster. I installed the Truxxx kit months ago and in fact was probably the first one to try it and placed some postings on it. Todate no problems and no front end settling.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

One of you guys that installed them measure the distance between the yellow rubber baby buggy bumper thingy and let us know how much clearance is in there. I was under mine a while today and have about 1/2 inch. Then if we could get a stock measurement it would be interesting to compare.
What Im wondering is how all this works. If we had a shorter bumper would it allow more travel or at that point would the shock top out?
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

OK I will answer that. I went to the dealer where there was a row of 07's. The five I looked at the rubber bump stop was just touching the aarm...... make your own assesment but mine being slightly higher allows a little nose dive when you panic stop. So raising the torsions raises this gap. I just wondered which way it affected it and now we know.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHead
I was wondering, though, if the Truxxx kit is compatible with the stock rims?

Yes, the "kit" is just re-indexed t-bar keys and shock-extension brackets.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdoug
That noise will stop in about a month when the keys get settled back in. You can even spray some lube in the keys and it will make the settling in process faster. I installed the Truxxx kit months ago and in fact was probably the first one to try it and placed some postings on it. Todate no problems and no front end settling.

Exactly. It will stop after a month or so, depending on how much you drive. Mine just quit this week. The parts manager at my dealership gave me a heads up on lubing the keys before I installed mine, so that helped. It will quit after the keys settle in the saddle.
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 12-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

thanks guys, where are you spraying lube on truxxx keys? and what kind of lube? wd40 or what? thanks again. i have about 2000 miles and still popping very noticable when backing up and breaking
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
thanks guys, where are you spraying lube on truxxx keys? and what kind of lube? wd40 or what? thanks again. i have about 2000 miles and still popping very noticable when backing up and breaking

I sprayed white lithium grease but you can use anything that will get into the keys. Don't worry, it will stop. If it don't - pack it with a holiday fruit cake.

Last edited by humdoug : 12-22-2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road

LOL
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

thanks guys, i took the truxxx keys back off, lubed them, put back on and the popping is completely gone MUCH better now.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
thanks guys, i took the truxxx keys back off, lubed them, put back on and the popping is completely gone MUCH better now.
Sounds like a lot of work just to save the fruit cake.

Really, I never had any further problems. If no one told you, you now need to get a front end alignment.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

How does this setup not effect ride quality?? Can I use the Truxxx Kit and turn my torsion bars up even more?? Then add some longer shackles to the rear springs. Would it be enough to fit 36" or 37" tires??
Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

whaaaaT is on a distinguished road

I dont see why that truxx kit is so expensive. Its just new torsion bar keys. Whats that do make it so you dont have to turn the bolt as far??? huh? That you really dont need. The extended shock mounts you need. As far as the keys go you can just turn your own a whole bunch of times it'd be the same thing. The truxx ones are probly just offset a little. Either way its doing the same thing. Now that little yellow thing everyone looks at to see how much height they are getting. They are not bump stops. They are jounce bumpers. They put them on a lot of trucks with torsion bars because torsion bars dont have a progressive spring rate. That is the spring rate doesnt get stronger as it compresses. The spring a torsion bar says on it and is made to is what it is not matter how high you crank it. The purpose of the jounce bumper is to add to the compressed spring rate of the bar. When you crank them your ride will get a little ruffer becaue your going to bounce around a bit from being off the jounce bumpers, your shocks may be off, and an increase in angle of your arms will actually make it take more torque before your bars start to flex. Anyway mine are cranked a bit its a little bumpy and it rolls a lot more in turns but hey whatever. I think the truxx kit is a rip off. Your all falling for it too. All you need is the shock mounts.