H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road
Default Magnacharger

Ok... I have seen lots of talk around here about the superchargers... Basically, due to the warranty, I am ONLY interested in the Magnacharger. I currently am getting pretty poor gas mileage, but for the most part everything else is ok... I would like to have a faster truck tho. I know of one dealer here in town that wants close to $9,000.00 for the Magnacharger installed.

Has anyone on here had the Magnacharger installed on their H2? If so, what did you pay, and did you experience any problems as a result? Was your fuel mileage dramatically increased? Was the resulting performance, acceleration, etc really worth the cost?

I just am not sure whether this thing is really worth it... I mean do I spend close to 10k on a unit like this, or just go buy myself a sports car as a second car? Any help regarding this system would be greatly appreciated!

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Magnacharger

if u got the "jack" id do it bro, im getting tired of my "gutless" truck i mean i love it and all, but the bolt ons and programer just really dont cut, like you said the only concern i would have is the waranty, i have heard alot of "stuff" bout superchargers, do a search
Old 01-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

MSeeb is off the scale

I'm on my 3rd H2. All have had Magnachargers. My 03 & 05 SC's were installed by dealers. The one on my current 06 was installed & tuned by Lingenfelter. No issues or problems with any of them. Approximate cost for SC & install labor from dealer was about $ 6K. Lingenfelter was more because of the special tuning, but well worth the extra I might add. No increase in gas economy, probably due to the fact that I always have my foot in it playing around. Difference in the power is most definately worth it. Having said that, remember, it's a 6,500 lb box with wheels, not a sports car. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

BLH2 is off the scale

for what its worth, I had a Silverado SS I put the magnacharger on it and WOW the truck should have came with it. The SS has the same motor as the H2 so I would imagine you would be very happy. Call Andy at AA corvette in CA. he gets the best deals on the Magnacharger kits. I paid 4000 for the kit. I will warn you I blew up the trans in my SS with it, keep in mind that the truck was awd and I had a very heavy foot.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

You are about 3 to 4 hours from Our shop. Give Dragon a call on SC cost and labor. I'm guessing You will be very happy with the price We give installed. I think We have a sale on the powder coated model for $4550 just for SP. Polished is about $700 more. Dragon is very fair on labor. Most likely the fairest guy I have been around. His customer first attitude is why I asked Dragon to partner with Me in HUMMERCustoms.com business when i had already begun to develope it as I was very impressed with how serious he took his work. His shop is Motorsportsauthority in Conway, AR. 1-501-327-6637. This is the office number and all are welcome to use it to contact either one of us, if I'm there. You will most likely get the front desk sales person but, Bryan is usually walking around with cordless in his pocket and may answer. Just tell him You are a member of the Hummer forum and ask to speak to Bryan if he does not pick up first. Usually Bryan or I handle things to do with Hummers. If You need to speak to Me and I'm not there please leave a message with him and a phone number. If urgent tell Bryan to give You my cell phone number. He usually will not do it but, for Our forum Buds we go an extra little bit. I'm happy to get to talk to any of you if needed. But, Bryan will be the one to give you pricng for kit and install cost at the same time.

Bryan has assembled and disassembled my H2 during all Our customizing and electronics upgrades all the time He knows a Hummer inside out and upside down. It has been completely stripped of factory paint and painted back with a much superior paint in the custom process. We have counting the factory paint had 3 paint schemes on the H2 till he found what we were looking for. When Bryan paints any vehicle it is not tapng up the chrome bezels around windows that kind of stuff. He completely takes down a vehicle unless the customer just refuses to let it be done this way and if so he usually tells them to go someplace else. He is always very concerned about any vehicle on the road with his name on the paint and would prefer to do it right or not at all. He is very picky. Even after the 3rd scheme on my H2 Bryan has found some things He wants to change so in spring He is going to take H2 down again between shows. I'm proud of his work and let him do what ever he wants. He has hand made the center dash console to hold a 12" monitor and built by hand the rear console that ties into the front console and goes between the rear captain seats with an amp and 2 Tsunami Caps in the back of rear console. He hand made the overhead twin amp rack with a 12" flipdown screen in it. I only mention these things so You will know You are speaking with a guy that has come to know the H2 intimately even though he does not own one. You can have all the confidence in talking to him about what you want. If he is stumped he will tell you so and call me or the direct line to Our dealer service manager where we have his cell#.

Bryan should be able to give You all the answers You have and will be ordering a Magnuson to be intsalled in a Escalade and may save on shippng by ordering more than one not sure on that. I'm not sure on the timing on the Escalade. I'm not there on a day to day basis. Bryan will price which model of SP You want and labor. You may choose to not want a boost gauge as some do it but, I recommend against not putting in at least the minimum of boost gauge with the Magnuson kit or any forced induction system.

I run a Magnuson on our show H2 and have had no problems and I'm running around, well right now 5lbs. of boost on kit pulley till I get My hands on it and push boost up again and tune with HpTuners.com software instead of using the kit programmer. I was running a Nelson Performance pulley with 8lbs. of boost and running about 550HP at the wheels. I love this supercharger.

We will be adding other stuff and tuning with HPtuner software to run a 1 mile speed trap in Texas in late October of 2007 to see how fast we can get a box with wheels to go. We have planned water/methanol inj. as well as other items to push the Show Queen to as close to 1000HP as we can. This charger has been pushed hard in many applications on the same 6.0L and I have no fear of doing it. Magnuson says no problem and as easily as we saw that with an even smaller pulley and top tuning software we could get to 750Hp at the wheels easily and no water/methanol inj. on pump gas. We will go to race gas when I retune it for the push for 1000HP or as close as I can get it. By estimate I think I will come up short at about 996HP unless we catch cool temps where we plan to run in late Oct. of 2007. If so it may squeeze the extra 4HP needed to get 1000HP. Just crunching numbers does not show to be able to make goal HP.

But, once You drive a H2 with 5 to 6lbs. of boost even with kit programer, which has been improved itself over the one I have from 2005, and You feel the power of the torque steer when You launch and steering wheel feels like it may rip itself out of your hands You will be hooked and very happy. KenP if You search has a video in a thread that shows what I'm talkng about.

We were just messing around the shop on road out front which is industrial no traffic and we were taking rough timed runs from a set distance against a turbo VW Golf with 20lbs. of boost and this car is used in SCCA racing on weekends so low end is super hot on this car. He was stunned that without us lining up someplace side by side we basicly called it a draw except he was shocked to find out I had not held WOT on the complete run because I realized real quick i did not have the brakes to get "The Beastly Beauty" stopped in time after the picked by eye not measured finish line was coming up and I did not have the room to stop if WOT the whole run. Later when we closed up he took off in front of me and I'm very sure he could read the HUMMER letters on the grill in rearview mirror. He could not pull away and i had throttle left to have run up his back. Everyone was very surprised to see how well a box with wheels can move. Full time 4X4 helps a whole lot.

I will repeat my feelngs as i have before on that if You off-road quite a bit I would not add forced induction as the H2 already has enough power in the correct gear range to break enough stuff. If anything use a programer, install electric cooling fans with a water fording cut off switch, and a perfomance air filter in Your factory air intake system. It is designed to protect engine from the harsh conditions off-road such as preventing water from being sucked into engine etc. The only other thing I would consider would be a Dynatech long tube catback header system and duel exhaust with flowmaster mufflers as this will help your low end. If you do not want to spend the money on the catback system then just go with headers mentioned but, still go with dual exhaust. I personally found that the cost of the catback system was very little more than header cost and they are supposed to be tuned to work with that header system so I did the catbacks.

Well hope I have been helpful. Good luck.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Man, for $9000, I would have them do the wife's car as well!!!! You should pay about 5-6K installed with the warranty. It is definitely worth doing though!
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!