H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tire question BF Goodrich KM2's ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaser
I completely understand... My only question is this. I have 3 inches of clearance to be conservative.. I'm thinking a torsion lift and 37's may actually lift my truck more than 3 inches overall... Ive already removed the roof racks so I'm going to be screwed. Actually, the only reason that I can fit into my garage now is that I've got an SUT.. My rear lights clear just before my rear tires hit the lip of my garage.. If I had a wagon I'd be screwed.. Believe me, I've already thought about removing a set of bricks but I'd have to do all 3 of my doors to keep them the same height. Would look silly if one of my garages was higher than the other 3..

I'm lost... why would an SUV be any higher than an SUT? Assuming your truck sits level, they should be the same height.

Moot point, just wondering.

Here's the deal....

Using torsion keys will get you 1.5-2.0 inches of lift. Anything more than that and your truck typically rides like crap. (not saying it can't be done, just not normally done)

Assuming your 37's are really 36" tall, the stock 35's are 33" tall.

So you've gained 1.5" of height just from the tires and you've gained 1.5" from the lift.

If 3" is all you've got, then you're screwed if you crank up the torsion bars any more than 1.5".

Mark
Old 01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I the only one whose KM2s work great on snow and ice?

I've only had them for two snow storms, but the recent one dropped 24" on us, and purposely driving around through snow banks, plowed snow, and packed snow/ice, I could barely ever get my "traction active" light to come on, when other urbanized 4x4s were having a lot of trouble.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Am I the only one whose KM2s work great on snow and ice?

I've only had them for two snow storms, but the recent one dropped 24" on us, and purposely driving around through snow banks, plowed snow, and packed snow/ice, I could barely ever get my "traction active" light to come on, when other urbanized 4x4s were having a lot of trouble.
What size are yours... That probably has a lot to do with it.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I'm lost... why would an SUV be any higher than an SUT? Assuming your truck sits level, they should be the same height.

Moot point, just wondering.

Here's the deal....

Using torsion keys will get you 1.5-2.0 inches of lift. Anything more than that and your truck typically rides like crap. (not saying it can't be done, just not normally done)

Assuming your 37's are really 36" tall, the stock 35's are 33" tall.

So you've gained 1.5" of height just from the tires and you've gained 1.5" from the lift.

If 3" is all you've got, then you're screwed if you crank up the torsion bars any more than 1.5".

Mark

Mark,

Sorry I didn't explain it better.. It was late when I was typing. The sut and Suv are the same height.. What I'm trying to explain is that my entire roof line is through the threshold of the door before the rear tires hit the lip.. Once I'm passed the brick I have plenty of room inside my garage. My doors are about 4 inches higher than the height of my exterior opening for each door. If I had the SUV my back end of the roof would hit as soon as my rear tires hit the lip (thus raising the vehicle before the entire roof passed the brick opening) as I enter my garage..That's the best way I can explain it.

I'll take a small vid when I return from vacation on Tuesday to show you what I mean. Here are some pics. As you can see, I have a lot of room once I get under the exterior height.. So, when I'm pulling into my garage my sut gets passed that before my rear wheels hit the lip and raise the truck .. To make things even more confusing.. I can pull in but cannot back into my garage or it will hit. LOL

Last edited by ehaser : 01-03-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhhhh, makes perfect sense now.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaser
What size are yours... That probably has a lot to do with it.

37x1.2.5