H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

sleeve is on a distinguished road
Default GM to Wind Down HUMMER After Unsuccessful Buyer Search

GM announced privately to its dealers this morning via conference call that it would begin the wind-down process of the HUMMER brand after an exhaustive search to find a buyer was unsuccessful. According to dealers we spoke with, GM indicated they would soon receive letters containing the announcement and an explanation of the wind-down process.
Earlier this morning, we learned that many senior HUMMER staff members had been reassigned, and the conference call to dealers confirmed that GM does indeed to shut down the HUMMER brand indefinitely.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

sleeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM to Wind Down HUMMER After Unsuccessful Buyer Search

While many of us were hoping for a last-minute miracle to save the HUMMER brand, signs from Detroit are indicating that HUMMER production will soon cease indefinitely.
GM is maintaining that HUMMER is in the wind-down process, though when pushed for confirmation that they were still evaluating offers, GM would not offer comment ? a much different stance than when HUMMER?s CEO confirmed in February that they were evaluating offers and HUMMER fans were told to keep hope alive.
In addition to a different position on negotiations, GM has also reassigned senior HUMMER staff members to other posts within GM. While HUMMER dedicated staff has been minimal in the last few months anyway, as of today, it?s unclear how many (if any) are still working directly on keeping the brand alive.
A Chicago-based investment firm is organizing a summit this Sunday for key HUMMER stakeholders (dealers, leaders of HUMMER clubs, etc) though it appears that such a meeting may be unproductive if GM isn?t willing to evaluate any more proposals. GM confirmed they were aware of the summit, but said they had not received an invitation nor had any plans to send representation.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we all knew this day was coming, but hoped that Tengzhong could save the day. The fat lady has sung!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

This drama has been so long played out and am actually glad its over. Chinese owning Hummer didnt really sit well with me anyhow. Hummer may get resurected someday, you never know. I look at, that the H2 i now own will go down in history and be a really cool vehicle out on the road for years to come. " Hey they dont make those anymore!" type of thing. Plus a newer cooler model didnt put mine to shame and I didnt have to wish to get one and maybe mine wasn't so cool looking anymore. I think it will be like the old Jeep wagoneers and the old land rovers. You can tell thier age but yet are still really cool looking and very functional.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

Hate to see this!

Have had people ask, what are you going to do for parts if they shut the doors???? I just tell them that they have not made the 68 Camaro for over 40 years and you can still get any part you need so I am not that concerned about my 2006 Hummer!

I however will miss my dealer when they go out if nothing else comes to light. Hummer of Columbus Ohio has been nothing but A+++

Last edited by Luv2Camp : 04-07-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled
This drama has been so long played out and am actually glad its over. Chinese owning Hummer didnt really sit well with me anyhow. Hummer may get resurected someday, you never know. I look at, that the H2 i now own will go down in history and be a really cool vehicle out on the road for years to come. " Hey they dont make those anymore!" type of thing. Plus a newer cooler model didnt put mine to shame and I didnt have to wish to get one and maybe mine wasn't so cool looking anymore. I think it will be like the old Jeep wagoneers and the old land rovers. You can tell thier age but yet are still really cool looking and very functional.

Ditto!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

X3! I hate to see more American jobs lost! I'm going to have to make my Hummer last, because it's a keeper. If that means, overhauled engine, new transmission, new exhaust, new windshield, new seats etc- whatever it takes to keep her running into the next decade. We now own future classics!

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled

Ditto....couldnt have said it better. We'll still be cool 30 years from now cruising down the highway in our H2's!

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerMann
X3! I hate to see more American jobs lost! I'm going to have to make my Hummer last, because it's a keeper. If that means, overhauled engine, new transmission, new exhaust, new windshield, new seats etc- whatever it takes to keep her running into the next decade. We now own future classics!

Thats why I got he 2009 last year thinking it would be the last new one I would be able to get.

I was on autotrader last night, there were only 22 or so 2009's in the whole country on there.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

I hate to see Hummer go as well, still hoping for someone to pick them up again in the future. I'm sure somewhere down the road they may bring some bucks for those who choose to sell.

Bet you guys who bought those newer models that have the Cadillac interiors still wish you had kept your rides that had the dash "boobies"....................
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devis1957
I hate to see Hummer go as well, still hoping for someone to pick them up again in the future. I'm sure somewhere down the road they may bring some bucks for those who choose to sell.

Bet you guys who bought those newer models that have the Cadillac interiors still wish you had kept your rides that had the dash "boobies"....................

Although I do miss the dash bewbies, I love the 6 speed tranny, additional power and the higher quality interior. Only thing that sucks is she like premium fuel.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Grrrr where is my Duramax H2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a big void in the car industry. Tell me another luxury SUV that is also EXTREMELY capable off road?

It doesnt exist.

This is why I have my H2 and its the PERFECT vehicle for me. I dont know what i will do when its time for a new vehicle?!

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

This is sad news and I would have to agree with the mass its going to put a big whole in the 4x4 world. Im just happy I have mine
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.