H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

StockStar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where is all this hate coming from??

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
LOL! That's our Elcova Den Mother. He's a laugh a minute.

That's right kids. Now go to your rooms ...and turn that damn radio off
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicgoofball
always going to be haters, for any vehicle you drive/have someone out there is going to hate it.

seems like people overseas LOVE the hummers though! i have friends in korea who are like OMG!

Agree with the overseas demand for Hummers. There was an article in the Wall Street Journal several years ago about all Hummers, the H1, H2 and H3 being shipped overseas in large numbers. We were In Costa Rica in January and with the mud and gravel roads we saw several Hummers and Jeeps.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road

Oh come on stock how can you live on the west coast and be so ignorant to the crap from the left yet still drive the most anti left vehicle availible.

And yes my actions did make the vehicle look bad, but two dumb teens aren't going to change their mind based off of my driving.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
And yes my actions did make the vehicle look bad.....

Glad you realized that. Living in NC hasn't completely destroyed your ability to think like a rational human being.

Last edited by StockStar : 03-31-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

There is no hate, do not assume such. I have the same 2003 H2 since Oct 2002, one of the very first Hummers, 140,000 miles, and I live in the ultra Liberal San Francisco area, I drive into the left wing City daily. I have received 100s of comments and gestures from friends and total strangers through the years, 100% positive.

I have made some mistakes to assume strangers are or about to same something nasty about my Hummer, but turned out to be all praises, if only I could get $10 for every praise I got. Same thing happened 3 days ago when I was at a truck stop gas station on my way back from Los Angeles(20th SF-LA-SF 7 hours journeys), a lady said something to me, she repeated it, "I love your Hummer!"

I was at a convention in L.A. last week, when it was announced "A Black Hummer is blocking the truck, please move." Suddenly I saw 50 people all pointing and waiving at me, I did not know so many people know what I drive.

In the first year or 2, nonstop total strangers waived at the Hummer everywhere, smiling and shouting. No other automobiles ever collected more praises than the Hummer.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I get lots of praise also with the H2. Friday I stopped for gas and they were selling Megamillions tickets at the station and as I was getting ready to leave a man came out and said, "If I win I'm buying two Hummers like yours." Yesterday, I was at my grandson's ice hockey game and when we were leaving two players and neighbors of my grandson came over and said, "Mr J can you take us home in your Hummer." Now that they aren't made any more you don't see as many of them on the street.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Nice stories! Glad to see this thread take a turn for the better.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

it's the world we live in.. people can hate for the simple fact that they can, not even counting ignorance or jealousy.

that being said back in february I got my deuce nice and stuck out in the Lake sardis mud here in MS. and while i was waiting for my recovery call to arrive a group of 4wheelers pulls up and this guys kids is just loving my rig and talking to his dad about it. im about 20 feet away and he clearly says loud enough for me to hear, "Son its just a different body on a tahoe frame" to which his son replies, "Ive never seen a tahoe do something like that before" I just kept my mouth shut and gave a big smile.. people can hate all they want. bottom line the deuce is still sitting in my driveway no matter what kind of sh*t people want to run at me.

Ignoring it makes them even more mad

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big.Z.hummin
it's the world we live in.. people can hate for the simple fact that they can, not even counting ignorance or jealousy.

that being said back in february I got my deuce nice and stuck out in the Lake sardis mud here in MS. and while i was waiting for my recovery call to arrive a group of 4wheelers pulls up and this guys kids is just loving my rig and talking to his dad about it. im about 20 feet away and he clearly says loud enough for me to hear, "Son its just a different body on a tahoe frame" to which his son replies, "Ive never seen a tahoe do something like that before" I just kept my mouth shut and gave a big smile.. people can hate all they want. bottom line the deuce is still sitting in my driveway no matter what kind of sh*t people want to run at me.

Ignoring it makes them even more mad
Yeah...I agree, but the Tahoe-thing gets me every time. LOL. People that spout their assumptions as 'facts' just kills me. I'm compelled to administer calm correction...with a smile...every time.

I'd actually be interested to know the percentage of parts that an H2 and Tahoe actually have in common. I'm thinking maybe 15%...and that's probably mostly interior instrumentation and controls; climate control, head units, etc. Then I'd like to cross reference a Wrangler and a Liberty and see what you get...

...and really, so what if it WAS a Tahoe frame and mechanics? The Tahoe is still a six-lug, body-on-frame truck with locking diffs and a V8. I bet this sucker would follow a Jeep/Hummer just about anywhere:

Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror

...and really, so what if it WAS a Tahoe frame and mechanics? The Tahoe is still a six-lug, body-on-frame truck with locking diffs and a V8. I bet this sucker would follow a Jeep/Hummer just about anywhere:

Ya I've never understood the tahoe argument either. is it supposed to be a knock on how bad a tahoe is or something? because they are d*mn nice vehicles and with the right set up are definitely trail worthy. I'd hit the trails all day long with that beast!

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big.Z.hummin
Ya I've never understood the tahoe argument either. is it supposed to be a knock on how bad a tahoe is or something? because they are d*mn nice vehicles and with the right set up are definitely trail worthy. I'd hit the trails all day long with that beast!
I think some people see the 2s as Humvee-wannabes and assume that GM just took whatever they had ready available, slapped a Humvee-esque box on it, and called it a day. Since, at a glance, the Tahoe would seem the most comparable in wheelbase and length I guess they assume that the Tahoe is the culprit.

One of my favorite "It's just a Tahoe" moments:
A few years back I was stuck on a trail in ME with a broken OEM tie rod when some Wranglers and an old Bronco stopped to help to swap the parts. The Jeepsters were quietly trading giggles and Tahoe comments a few paces off as me and the Bronco driver got the part changed out. The old-head had been a mechanic for 20-30 years and owned a Ford dealership, he admitted that he had never been under (or near) a Hummer before; when he climbed back out, eyes wide open, and said, "This is a 3/4 ton, 8 lug truck!" The giggling stopped...and I smiled.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Humvee21 is on a distinguished road

Giggle giggle...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

smileynialley is on a distinguished road

We don't get many hummers over here (merry ole england) and so i find that everytime i pull over anywhere, i get people asking me about it. I don't mind because im a fan of rare cars so i put myself in their shoes.
I have to say, i have had nothing but positive comments about it, which is shocking when you think of all the little hatchbacks we have over here.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Since I learned to drive with Blazers, Broncos, and Ramchargers the H2 was a natural fit. I get the usual "mileage" question mostly, but it provides an excellent opportunity to enlighten and inform...mileage is not great, but what do you expect from a vehicle this heavy or this large? Since the H2 takes a while to fill, I have time to describe walking away from the 80 mph impact my 03 took while I was stopped waiting on a redlight. The Expedition that hit me was mangled up like chewed bubble gum, while the H2 appeared to have only taken a bruising. Damage was much worse than it looked.

Never had any haters...I guess they know to keep their distance. I used to get positive comments more than now - when my '03 was the only one in town. Now their so common, you can't go a mile without seeing a few. Beyond the MPG inquiries, the comments now are regarding the unique color choice of my 06LE. Fusion Orange stands out a touch more than the Pewter '03 did.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Hummer Professional

I got "one of those looks" from an older women in a camry, she made some mubling statement, combination of vehicle, my driving, my age, her ignorance, her lack of tolerance, and downright her mental capacity, or lack thereof.

I gave her the gas to the floor salute.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Hummer Professional

^

pics or didn't happen
Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

BDPJR is off the scale

Not that I need to justify why I bought an H2, but after seeing so much crap on I-15 (I'm stationed and live in Utah) I wanted a truck (okay, SUV) that offered high visability and tank like protection. Most people I meet that ask why I have/love it agree. I have had several mechanical issues but plan on keeping her for as long as she rolls; thanks to the plethora of talent/info on this forum! I just wish it could tow a bigger boat...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

orlasttoy is off the scale

I park at a train station as a daily commuter. The other day I come back to find someone hocked a nice fat loogie on my door.

Oh how I wish I was there to catch the SOB...
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a moment today that was beyond bizarre. Parked at the grocery store, got out and found an elderly Chinese woman petting my truck. She jumped a little and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, I just had to touch it, it's so beautiful, so beautiful!"

No haters around here!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan
Had a moment today that was beyond bizarre. Parked at the grocery store, got out and found an elderly Chinese woman petting my truck. She jumped a little and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, I just had to touch it, it's so beautiful, so beautiful!"

No haters around here!
LOL! I had a similar moment years ago when roadtripping down Route 66. I had stopped to check out some car museum as a pitstop, when I came out the truck was surrounded by French roadtrippers posing and taking pictures.