H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to remove dealership info from tire cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Except duct tape doesn't peel off like...

True, I've tested it to 240 MPH and didn't peel at all

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

TxFireman is on a distinguished road

One option if anyone repaints is to use "trim paint". I picked up a can at O'Reily's and used it on my trucks fender flares. They turned out great. They have just the right look, with a not too glossy finish, and not too flat. It's a pretty perfect match for the usual semi-gloss factory black plastic found on vehicles.

Hey, at least y'alls dealers threw in the covers, or had them available. My cheap skate dealership didn't even offer any, except the over priced "blingin'" style. I got mine from a "make an offer" auction on ebay.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

phazer42 is on a distinguished road

mmmm take it back to the dealer and tell them that you didn't ask for them to advertise on your vehicle and that you want to return the truck if they don't take their name off of it.... If the dealer doesn't ask me when I buy a new vehicle I don't let them put their name on it via sticker or via license plate holder.....

Scott
'01 HMCO
Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Groundpounder is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem. first black spray paint, however, at an angle you could still see it. Final solution - covered the whole thing in a shin coat of Bondo and repainted. Looks good now. I had an extra set of Hummer letters for the front so I added them to the cover.

Sorry, camera on the frets at the moment.
2006 Slate Blue Metallic H3, FlowMaster exhaust, True Flow cold air intake system, Ground Force rear lowering kit, custom locking fuel door, chrome hood grill w/handle, US Speedo gauge kit (chrome and red numbers), Custom rear tire cover, chrome tail light guard, custom paint on skid plate, new pin stripping, USMC front license plate. Semper Fi
Old 08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer42
mmmm take it back to the dealer and tell them that you didn't ask for them to advertise on your vehicle and that you want to return the truck if they don't take their name off of it....OH YEAH, THIS WILL WORK!!! If the dealer doesn't ask me when I buy a new vehicle I don't let them put their name on it via sticker or via license plate holder.....until it is sold, it is our car. we put the decals on when the vehicle is delivered to us, not when we sell it.

Scott
'01 HMCO

if you try this please post the results.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

dum dum, I will try the black trim deal and see if it works. I would not mind if the delaers logo was cool and not so gold guy (caddy store)
Old 08-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

MountainBlue is on a distinguished road

I just ordered a body colored one. I hate my dealership and would have never bought from them if I had known how bad they really were. Love the H3 but it sucks that there is only one freak'n Hummer dealer in NM.
Volant intake, Airaid TB spacer, Custom down pipe, Magnaflow dual Exhaust, NGK iridium plugs, Nitto TG -AT295/75/16, Brush guard, tail light guards, mud guards, Chrome Shorty Antenna & bracket, Chrome lower punch grill & lettering, Chrome side moldings, smoked side marker lenses, 3-D Hummer hitch plug, Body color spare cover, & of course DEBADGED!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

TrojanH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBlue
I just ordered a body colored one. I hate my dealership and would have never bought from them if I had known how bad they really were. Love the H3 but it sucks that there is only one freak'n Hummer dealer in NM.

Did you have problems with G&D? Got mine through them with no issues. Used GMID and went directly through the Hummer Manager though.

Don't see how I can get the dealer info off the tire cover but I got it for free. Now, the dealer info that is stuck on opposite the H3 on the back is coming off as soon asn I have time.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it is late for most- but I recall someone requesting that it not be put on/removed prior to purchase. Which is a good idea but thinking of it before hand seems like an "ah ha" afterthought.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanH3
Did you have problems with G&D? Got mine through them with no issues. Used GMID and went directly through the Hummer Manager though.

Don't see how I can get the dealer info off the tire cover but I got it for free. Now, the dealer info that is stuck on opposite the H3 on the back is coming off as soon asn I have time.

Yep, G&D. I did get the GMS pricing and saw all the #'s, that wasn't really a problem. It started with them not giving me any $$ off the dealer installed options, although others that got GMS here on the forums did, and they wouldn't remove any of the items from the one I wanted. So I got GMS on only the things on the sticker. Then, after the sale they treated me like I bought a 1985 civic for $500. They sent the truck off the lot with 1) a dead battery, 2) rig lights that fluttered in the wind, 3) a bad brake light, & 4) a bad torsion bar setting.(driver's side suspension much looser and squishy feeling over speed bumps) So after I took it back for the obviuos rig light problem and they didn't even bother to check the vehicle for any other problems. Then after we brought it back for the third time for the dead battery (7 days, 3 trips) the service manager accused my wife of screwing with the truck, buying it used, and wanted us to pay for the work. My wife told him to take a leap and just got in the truck and left. I will NEVER go back to them. I would rather put the Hummer on a trailer and drive it to another state for warranty work then let G&D have it for a forth time!!
Volant intake, Airaid TB spacer, Custom down pipe, Magnaflow dual Exhaust, NGK iridium plugs, Nitto TG -AT295/75/16, Brush guard, tail light guards, mud guards, Chrome Shorty Antenna & bracket, Chrome lower punch grill & lettering, Chrome side moldings, smoked side marker lenses, 3-D Hummer hitch plug, Body color spare cover, & of course DEBADGED!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Other than the free color matched tire cover there were no dealer markings on mine

Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

TrojanH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBlue
It started with them not giving me any $$ off the dealer installed options, although others that got GMS here on the forums did, and they wouldn't remove any of the items from the one I wanted. So I got GMS on only the things on the sticker.

Yeah, I was afraid of that so I had one ordered to exactly what I wanted including the options the dealer would install in the hopes that it would be on the sticker. Sure enough, things like the brush guard and side steps were on the sticker because that's how it was ordered even though they were installed by the dealer. Got the discount on everything that was on the truck.

Quote:
2) rig lights that fluttered in the wind

Were they able to fix that? My marker lights still buzz around 70-80 or less depending on the wind. Was told they don't have a good fix out yet.

I recently moved to LA, CA so I guess I am lucky I won't have to deal with their service. Now I just have to figure out which dealer in LA is OK.

Good luck!
K
Old 08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

NM H3 is off the scale

Sales wise, I thought G&D was great. I too bought GMS. The Hummer manager has been fantastic, both before and after the sale. He has taken up any slack created by the rest of the dealership. I have found the Service Techs to be really great too (especially Josh). The Service Manager sucks though. His communication, follow through, and follow up is terrible. In my most recent trip to G&D there were three other Hummer owners in the Service Department waiting area, and all were bitching about something that could have been avoided through a little communication.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

They do have a fix for the marker lights. Mine don't make any noise now. As far G&D, that service manager is the one that accussed my wife of f'ing w/the truck. That guys a piece of work. I'm not surprised that you heard a lot of people compliaining there. I wouldn't surprised either if I was one of those people. The last time I was there, there were also some other dissatisifed customers. We even made an appointment, but the truck wasn't even looked at for 3.5 hrs, what kind of service is that??!! I want to that service manager!!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanH3
Were they able to fix that? My marker lights still buzz around 70-80 or less depending on the wind. Was told they don't have a good fix out yet.

They can fix it. Took three tries but they got mine fixed and have been fine for about 4 months now.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

phazer42 is on a distinguished road

Well, if the dealer installs the stickers or name plates... they can remove them... if they leave them on MY vehicle that I am purchasing, then they will either remove it or they will take extra money off due to my advertising of their dealership...

I don't see how this wouldn't work, its always worked for me in my vehicle purchases..... If you are a dealer and don't want to do this then people who don't want the dealer badging on the vehicle will just have to buy at another dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
if you try this please post the results.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:29 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Can you get a little more finicky? It takes a whole 2 minutes to remove the dealer stickers from vehicles. Kindly ask the guy that details your truck before delivery if he will remove them for you, if not... figure it out yourself. Demanding money off the price for your "advertising" services is pathetic.

Driving you're truck around is probably the best advertisment for GM/Hummer, are you going to stop driving it and sue GM for unpaid advertising fees?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try "Goo Be Gone". I was very skeptical about the product but using it has made me a believer. It hasn;t failed on any adhesive I have used it on yet (stickers, tapes, etc). And it hasn;t hurt the finish of anything I have used it on yet either, including plastics, metals, and woods.