H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Vandalized

Eewwww! wft is that???

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKB
Sh!t I don't see the harm in my H2......as far as I'm concerned I'm helping the economy by supporting gas importation.....If these pu$$y a$$ tree huggers want to save the earth, they need to lobbey comercial airlines....public transit systems......cargo ships.....bombs.....space program? I don't even care about nature and I came up with other sh!t to really complain about in less than 20 seconds....

Exactly! How many H2's sold in the us last year? About 17,000 I think I read. Compare that to the ... i dunno... 125,000 F150s and another 125,000 Exporers. I think there are A LOT more other vehicles doing much more damage then H2s!!!

And I'm a left wing, tree huggin liberal! There I said it. And I own a HUMMER!

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe1
First, hanks for being so diplomatic. I haven't been well received on this forum even though I've tried the diplomatic approach myself. I appreciate your civility.

The Prius lifespan of 100,000 miles is erroneous. There is a cab fleet in Canada with well over this mileage that's operating on their initial battery packs. Though this isn't an issue yet, the batteries are recycled and the manufacturer offers an incentive for compliance. They're big on keeping these out of the waste stream. And no, so far I've picked up a 10 foot oak tree and a picnic table from Home Depot and have packed it in the car. The car is very accommodating as the back seats fold down. The tow capacity, however, is much lower than the Hummer. I agree that everyone has different needs for a car and that smaller cars aren't for everyone. I do, however, think our perception of what we need is a little skewed. Decades ago, people got along just fine with small cars and small houses.

So far as your last statement, I'm not sure that their acts relieved anyone's guilt. As you can see by the replies on this thread, all they've done is to serve more divisiveness in this country.......over a car. The irony of it is that now the Hummer owner has to go purchase extensive materials to fix his car. That's not really what typical eco people want. I'm not really sure of what they thought they'd accomplish doing something like this. In my mind, I always wonder why people like this get attention. Keep stuff like this out of the media and don't give people like this a platform.

And please know it wasn't me that compared the Prius to the Hummer. They're entirely different cars with different purposes and as such, there can never be a true comparison.

Thank you for conceding that there are different people with different needs out there and that comparing the two is unproductive. I agree that this stunt will only make the greenies look mean and intolerant of others' preferences. It is very ironic!

I still am not convinced that the prius is so "green". The batteries and their current methods of production are the least bit "green", especially when you consider the importation/exprotation (the fuel used during this), and the toxic waste produced.

I'm sure there are some that will exceed the 100,000 mile but the average lifespan is what matters. That means the prius would have to be recycled nearly three times (and use all of the energy to build it back again, and the batteries, etc.) to be on par with the Hummer and other domestic trucks who's lifespans are nearly 300,000 miles.

The prius costs less for the end user at the gas pump, but other than that, I don't see any real advantage to it over a comparable strictly gas powered econo box. I am glad you are happy with the Prius and hopefully your are glad that we are happy with our Hummers! It takes all kinds to make the world go around! Peace.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

zoe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Thank you for conceding that there are different people with different needs out there and that comparing the two is unproductive. I agree that this stunt will only make the greenies look mean and intolerant of others' preferences. It is very ironic!

I still am not convinced that the prius is so "green". The batteries and their current methods of production are the least bit "green", especially when you consider the importation/exprotation (the fuel used during this), and the toxic waste produced.

I'm sure there are some that will exceed the 100,000 mile but the average lifespan is what matters. That means the prius would have to be recycled nearly three times (and use all of the energy to build it back again, and the batteries, etc.) to be on par with the Hummer and other domestic trucks who's lifespans are nearly 300,000 miles.

The prius costs less for the end user at the gas pump, but other than that, I don't see any real advantage to it over a comparable strictly gas powered econo box. I am glad you are happy with the Prius and hopefully your are glad that we are happy with our Hummers! It takes all kinds to make the world go around! Peace.

Unfortunately the stuff mined for the Prius batteries is also mined (to a much greater degree) for a ton of other stuff we buy. But I do recognize that the Prius (let alone any other car) can never truly be "green".

The Prius is going on nearly 10 years of production and I haven't heard of one battery pack that has had to be replaced. But yes, the technology can be considered "in it's infancy" and only time will tell as to average life span. That's my gripe about the reports out there to date. They're all based on assumptions and historical data.

Thank you, again, for your kindness. And may Peace be with you as well.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That's just not right. If we are planning to go out there, I'm in. NJ is just around the corner.

As for the vandals - I must say, someone to do that was definitely abused as a child. An acoholic uncle must of stuck it in their ass. They have small dicks, can't get it up and their girlfriend/wife has a mustache.

Someone like this stands for NOTHING ENVIRMENTAL - THEY JUST GOT SOME F#*KING SCREWS LOOSE.