H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: *NEW* Rare Parts Tie Rod Ends

so now your going to sell me those tierods.... right..........RIGHT!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Ill sell you the wore out fabtechs! lol. So here is the thing in the fabtechs make the rareparts look kinda puny. However I have not heard anything bad about the rareparts tie rods yet. But for the fabtechs to wear out in only 18 months is just pathetic and I kept them we greased. Here is a pic to compair the 2 different tie rods as you can see the fabtechs are much beefier. However they are made in China junk. The Rareparts are made in the USA!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Hummer Expert

i have the Fabtechs installed right now.. but i have been chasing a steering pull issue that started when i replaced my bearing hubs and OEM tierods to the the Fabtechs. Also Tire rotation and alignement after isntalled.

I have since replaced the ebay bearing hubs with Timken hubs.. i just had the tires rotated this morning......kinda narrowing it down.

i suspected the tierods due to the rubber boot thats atatched to the silver ring is seperating, but i dont think that it would effect the functionality of it.

anyways.. i have been tossing the idea of picking up the Kryptonite tierods.

since chasing this pulling issue, i have replaced all the major parts except the center link bar, steering box, and steering knuckles..

/shrug
/wrist
Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

just to add to the conversion the rareparts are smaller than the cognito tie rods aswell. i feel alot more piece of mind with the rareparts on my truck tho. the rareparts are a better quality product, not to mention heavier, and alot better paint job.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Hellz you should defintly check your ball joints. To check them you are going to need a long prybar. Jack the truck up buy the lower controll arm and get the tire about 2-3" off the ground then stick your prybar under the tire and try to lift the tire up. If there is any movement or play you got problems. My ball joints did not make it to 100K miles. I had to replace all of them. The problem was not very noticeable when driving but I had a constant pull that I could not get to go away. Once I replaced the ball joints problems were solved.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Hummer Expert

im going to have to test it out.. and it was something in the back of mind as a possibility.. but didnt think too much into it..

now tho, as it seems i ran out of whatelse it could be, it makes more sense that it could be the lower ball joint, as everythign else has been replaced..

thanks!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

tcalz06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Hellz you should defintly check your ball joints. To check them you are going to need a long prybar. Jack the truck up buy the lower controll arm and get the tire about 2-3" off the ground then stick your prybar under the tire and try to lift the tire up. If there is any movement or play you got problems. My ball joints did not make it to 100K miles. I had to replace all of them. The problem was not very noticeable when driving but I had a constant pull that I could not get to go away. Once I replaced the ball joints problems were solved.

YEP I'd say ball joints. My dodge Diesel pulled and it was ball joints
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Ill sell you the wore out fabtechs! lol. So here is the thing in the fabtechs make the rareparts look kinda puny. However I have not heard anything bad about the rareparts tie rods yet. But for the fabtechs to wear out in only 18 months is just pathetic and I kept them we greased. Here is a pic to compair the 2 different tie rods as you can see the fabtechs are much beefier. However they are made in China junk. The Rareparts are made in the USA!

Quick question hummin... I've got the fabtech tie rod ends and I've noticed a "popping" sound that I can feel under my feet.

I raised the body and checked the bodymount bushings (installed the plastic shim/cure from GM) but I think it's in the balljoints.

I've only got 50K miles on this H2 but after I greased them, they were a little better. (popped less)

Just wondering...

Mark