H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
my wife would get mad if I did that on the wall in our front yard

LOL

i havent reprogramed either the 20% # i just pulled out of my a$$

i noticed a big difference between city and highway driving with the stock 33's i had even gotten 21.3 mpg coming home from pismo one time

seems like milage is just the same now if im on city streets or runnin 70 mph on the freeway . i also have a couple hills on my way to work and turn about 5k rpm or more to keep my speed up . as someone had mentioned just have to drive with foot in it a little more thats what sucks the fuel down . i think the days of 20 mpg are gone once we switched to these 35's but its well worth it. i still havent cranked my torsion bars
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Steve - SanJose

Don't worry about seeing 20mpg again. I've been running base 32's for 15000 miles and haven't seen more than 18mpg.

If you need the clearance of 35's by all means do it. The extra buck a week for gas won't kill you. But if you are one of many H3 street users commplaining about lack of power the last thing you want to do is mod the truck to have taller gearing via 35's or 37's (slow will just get slowerrrrrrrr).

S.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tommy36998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 04-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tommy36998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9221013261
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 04-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Hummer Guru

cool tommy lookin good man

Old 04-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

Not as many peeps with 35's as I thought there would be..
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by shhrtbs:
that's about 6.3% change from OE to 33's, and 10% 33 to 35. even that's not completely right though, since your odometer is off. has anyone tried asking the dealers if they can change the chassis programming? i know on the H2 they only went up to 35" tires, but they may be able to help on the H3. worth asking.

What? Am I dead to you???? No programs, no chips.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Steve - SanJose

H3's are good for pimpin in general. Whether its extra bling or extra gnarly offroad equipment. We get to see it all here.

S.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:
that's about 6.3% change from OE to 33's, and 10% 33 to 35. even that's not completely right though, since your odometer is off. has anyone tried asking the dealers if they can change the chassis programming? i know on the H2 they only went up to 35" tires, but they may be able to help on the H3. worth asking.

What? Am I dead to you???? No programs, no chips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not totally correct. There IS a program change.

I went from the OEM 32's to the Toyo 33's and the dealership couldn't call GM, because it was Saturday and GM is only open Mon - Fri.

My main reason I was at the dealer was to have my rocker protection installed.

I asked if any GM dealer could do the reprogramming of the computer and they said yes.

The Hummer dealer is over 3 hours away one way and I made an appointment with the local GMC dealer who called GM to get the codes to reset the mileage/odometer reading which also affects the ABS system. Charge was $105.00

Don't know if they can do anything for the 33 - 35 size change.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

here's what I'm thinkin'...
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by westhillsat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:

I went from the OEM 32's to the Toyo 33's and the dealership couldn't call GM, because it was Saturday and GM is only open Mon - Fri.

I asked if any GM dealer could do the reprogramming of the computer and they said yes.

The Hummer dealer is over 3 hours away one way and I made an appointment with the local GMC dealer who called GM to get the codes to reset the mileage/odometer reading which also affects the ABS system. Charge was $105.00

Don't know if they can do anything for the 33 - 35 size change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a program for 33's, but none for thirty-fives. I was at the dealership for 6 f'n hours yesterday. They could not get the TPM to reset

He tried w/the computer, but it would not allow him to change the tire size beyond 33.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks
Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhillsat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:

Don't know if they can do anything for the 33 - 35 size change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a program for 33's, but none for thirty-fives. I was at the dealership for 6 f'n hours yesterday. They could not get the TPM to reset

He tried w/the computer, but it would not allow him to change the tire size beyond 33. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? either mine works or it doesnt. I'll have to test and take it down to 20psi.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning All

Okay - I got a little geeky this morning after reading the above comments and decided to do some math. Here is what I learned: 315's may negativly change MPG, but not by much, if at all.

Looking at Bridgestones specs the Dueler AT 285/75R16 turns 633 revs/mile. Per BFG the 315/75R16 AT KO turns 601 revs/mile. This gives a "mileage factor" (MF) of 1.053244592. So for every mile the odomiter indicates, multiply that by the MF to get your actual mileage traveled.

You can see in the screen shot below what the adjusted mileage numbers are with the corresponding MPG. It really doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve-SanJose-H3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ipedog:

Ipedog - I like the pic of your H3 up on the short stone wall. I think my wife would get mad if I did that on the wall in our front yard

S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually... I'm a very bad man.

This was actually taken in an office park near where I work. I had seen the wall and figured it would be good for testing articulation. So, one weekend when I was in the area I gave it a shot! I wasn't arrested (or havent been yet! ), no damage to the wall, so its all good.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Hummer Guru

great info on your spread sheet thanks Ipe

Old 04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Hummer Guru

That's weird, even when my fuel warning comes on the most gas I have ever put in was about 17.6 gal.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
shhrtbs

ipe, excellent spreadsheet workup. basically, mileage isn't negatively impacted, it's just what you see on the computer.

when i read the comment that there were no chips or programs, my assumption was that you were talking about aftermarket addons. my most sincere apologies. i'll go away now.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

My mileage has dropped to around 15-16 mpg,, but worth it. The 35's really set the truck off. Its no rocket off the lights but it never was. Hey Green, I like your decal alot. I was farking around on powerpoint at work last night for the one I made. Pretty limited on software on our puter. See ya,,,
Old 04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
when i read the comment that there were no chips or programs, my assumption was that you were talking about aftermarket addons. my most sincere apologies. i'll go away now.

Don't do that, I heart teh tailgunner