Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 07-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

brrrr-

"Think about that ... the average person. The average person can't afford to spend 50K on an H2 ... ot even the gas bill, so they assume that anyone that buys an H2 buys it for image, are wasteful & don't understand why you got an H2 not a suburban. I think most folks don't understand why a pickup truck, or a suburban can't do the same things for you utility wise. And I don't think the H2 puts off the image you folks think it does.... especially to the average person. Average people don't look at your H2 and think how cool you are. Average people think you are driving the biggest vehicle, with the worst gas mileage, taking up the most amout of parking space and trying to prove how successful you are by doing do. And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is."

The problem with your statement above is that the majority of the audience here I would venture to guess isn't "average" and really doesn't care what the "average person" thinks. Hummer has done a study on the "typical buyer" of an H2 and to be quite honest with you I don't think the "typical buyer" is any where close to the "average person".

But, ulitmately, it comes down to the fact that the reason we (not speaking for myself but the rest of the majority here) own it is because we CAN... And that's the beautiful thing about it.

And additionally, don't tell me how the "average person" looks down on us for our ownership of an H2 and it's gas guzzling propensity. Keep in mind that it is the "average person's" fault, the voting public, who is to blame for not scrutinizing their own government when it comes to the Energy Policy.

It would be one thing if Congress and the President grew some nuts and attacked the energy crisis issue head on. You'll be very enlightened to learn that Congress and the President have been working on an energy policy to eliminate the American reliance on foreigh oil and natural gas since Richard Nixon was in office. So as a self-proclaimed advocate of the "average person", blame him and blame your congressman and president for the energy crisis we now face for having not taken care of the issue when it came to light 30 years ago.

(If you would like to read more on the issue of the energy crisis, pick up the 7/21/2003 issue of TIME. There is a great article that includes cries of injustice from the "average person"... and a nice picture of the H2 with a caption of "GAS GULPER".)

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well said once again HD.... You da man...
Old 07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

I think that all things aside, this one needs to die out, it will get nasty and I know it already has, but it is on its way to getting worse...
Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

NEGATE is off the scale

WOW, Ididn't think I was making a statment of my ranking in society, yearly income, driving habbits, and how I felt about the enviorment not to mention how I feel about others. I just thought the H2 looked bitchen. The FACT that it does well off road is a plus.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

NEGATE is off the scale

Brain fade, sorry
Old 08-08-2003, 04:25 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

I have beed off roading with Steve R and I have seen what the H2 can and it is impressive.
I get tired of hearing about people bashing other rigs. You simply Wheel what you can afford.
The objective is to have fun and share offroading with others.

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Spiffy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
In conclusion: I have a $50,000 toy that I most probably overpaid for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your money, you earned it. Spend it and have fun. That is all that matters in the end.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:47 AM

2slo4now is off the scale

Wow what a thread

I remember when I was happy to own a 1973 Pontiac Bonneville clamshell tailgate wagon with rust spots all over it. It was transportation and I owned it. I was proud of my 1974 Ford f-100 with the gold centered bullet hole wheels. Mustangs, camaros, Vegas', bugs then came my first Jeep wrangler. I was proud of that Jeep. I fixed her up. I spent lot of time and alot of money "at the time" on 'er.

In that time in my life I had way more time than money. Now I have more money than time. Where in the past a $79 body lift and 8 hours of my hard work was the only way my stuff was going to get lifted. Now I order whatever I want and have employees install it for me.

Will my h2 go off road? doubtful but, they are building a house around the corner from me and sometimes a few clods of dirt get on the street. Therefore I believe that I am going to install a set of 37x13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja claw radial tires with the new MT beadlock wheels along with a some kind of a 4-6inch lift kit. A Magnacharger for that extra little oomph in case I need to clear that mud clod out of the tires, 2 winches one for the front and one for the back. While I'm at it I'll install a DVD player with surround sound and maybe 3 or 4 LCD screens so I can watch a movie in my air conditioned H2 after I use onStar to call a tow truck to pull me off this slick spot on the road because I just don't feel like getting out and using the winch.

Maybe I should have bought one of these instead of my "no off-roadin" H2.
http://www.lamborghini.com/

I am as Proud of my H2 as I was my 1973 clamshell Pontiac. If folks are proud of their jeeps thats great. I have customers that are damn proud of there suzuki sidekicks and geo trackers.

Who am I to judge another mans life and who is he to judge mine.

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-09-2003, 07:49 PM

SuperPoser is off the scale

don't worry about it...

in ttora (national tacoma club), jeep recovery vehical stickers are popular...

its all usually in good fun, I wheel with anyone as long as they are there to have a good time...

but it's always fun to show up a modded jeep with a stock taco ;o)

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 09-12-2003, 05:33 PM

argonaut is off the scale

or a modded taco with a stock H2...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 11-17-2003, 10:42 PM

jeep is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Detonate:
It looks like pay back is a bitch. Someone vandilized one of thier jeeps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2dcd14d69919a2b048ded916eb67c3a4& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=137

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_[/Q

that isn't cool, he had nothin to do with it!

only in a jeep
Old 11-18-2003, 02:47 AM

5spd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Will my h2 go off road? doubtful but, they are building a house around the corner from me and sometimes a few clods of dirt get on the street. Therefore I believe that I am going to install a set of 37x13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja claw radial tires with the new MT beadlock wheels along with a some kind of a 4-6inch lift kit. A Magnacharger for that extra little oomph in case I need to clear that mud clod out of the tires, 2 winches one for the front and one for the back. While I'm at it I'll install a DVD player with surround sound and maybe 3 or 4 LCD screens so I can watch a movie in my air conditioned H2 after I use onStar to call a tow truck to pull me off this slick spot on the road because I just don't feel like getting out and using the winch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That cracks me up ......good one!

My own belief is that most of the Hummer bashing is a bleed down from the original H1. So to say its a stigma that the H2 owners have to deal with, unfortunatly. The H1 was the standard at the time of over-excess.
I think that if there were'nt any H1s and just the H2 then there would be a totaly different outlook towards said vehicle.
I do not care what one owns or drives as long as it makes them comfortable, but everyone does not have that view. I like to wheel with anyone, no matter what they may take off road. A mixture of all types is much more fun.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:19 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

So I guess some people will take offense to the Sticker I put on my Daughters Honda Element
"H2 Escape Pod"... She thought it was absolutely a scream.. Her neighbor who owns one thought it was a slam to all Element owners. Oh well humor is humor or maybe not....

Mike
Old 11-20-2003, 12:43 AM

5spd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Her neighbor who owns one thought it was a slam to all Element owners. Oh well humor is humor or maybe not....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people just cant take a joke or even see the lite side of things in life.....to bad for them

Old 11-20-2003, 10:22 PM

Bryanccfshr is off the scale

I think there is way to much emphasis on what you drive. Get a vehicle that you like that you can put to good use and enjoy what you have.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:26 PM

Bryanccfshr is off the scale

I like the H2's as a concept but haven't had time to wheel with any. I expect to see more and more of them. The comming H3's will really be popular due to price so be prepared for what's to come.
Personally I am sick of where new trucks and SUV's are going with marketing ahead of engineering so I am in my last New vehicle.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:28 PM

fist off, check out pic's of my Offical Jeep Recovery Vehicle:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95670656XIqZHR
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95670906aVJZwb
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95671293DChJPI

and also...

no matter what offroad brand you own, there are always jerks who own the same vehicle as you...
I have found from personal experience it's about 25%...
it goes for jeep's, yota's, h2's, s-10's, ranger's (yes even ford owners...lol)...
you get the picture...
there will always be people thinking they have God's gift to offroading, and if you don't have what they have, then you shouldn't be on their trails...

I led a jeep club a few weeks ago, and for a wile, the only 3 rigs who made it up a hill were my runner, a taco with open diffs and 32's, and a sweet locked jeep with 35's...

(after we got the 3 jeeps up who were having trouible a stock jeep with stock tires made it up like nothing...)

very halarious...lol

anyways...
just ignore the jerks, and laugh at them when they get stuck...lol
later,
Mike

Old 11-24-2003, 08:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
However, our last event was a desert run through sand washes, steep hills and long roads where we blasted through at speeds in excess of 60 mph. Trust me when I say a raised, short-wheelbased, SFA vehicle would not have kept up with us...not even close. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dang
sas or long travel ifs?
decisions decisions...

in my area, there are very very few areas to do high speed offroading, so sas'ing and building a rock crawlew is more efficient...
but a desert runner would be so sweet!!!

Old 11-24-2003, 08:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan:
But to go so far & say that the ones that never see dirt are all mall queens is a little short sighted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are correct
an offroad capable vehicle which never sees dirt is a street queen, not a mall queen...lol

I make fun of one of my buddies all the time,
he had an awsome sas taco,
but sold it, and got an extra cab taco...
did an 8" ifs lift, and riced it out...
it is a major street queen...
(he recently put 35's on too...lol)

Old 11-24-2003, 08:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brrrrrrrrr:
And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is.

http://www.2bbdelta.org<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lot of wakkage in this post, a lot of bad spelling,
but just a fact I wanta point out...
I believe ford made some suv a few years ago that averaged 6mpg...
(note: I too am a bad speller, so you are forwarned for all my present, past, and future posts...lol)