Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 11-24-2003, 09:14 PM

SuperPoser is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CO Hummer:
You hit the nail on the head when you say "ENVY". It's plain and simple the reason for all the bashing. I'm not suggesting that everyone wishes they owned an H2. A lot folks would much prefer to have a Jeep, Rover, whatever. They are simply envious of the ability to buy one. It's cleverly disguised in all the B.S. But when you strip it all down, that's the root cause. Of course, the response to my comment will then be "you're so arrogant...to think me envious of you". Arrogance has nothing to do with it. There is no other rational explanation. Every clan of vehicle owners has their share of bad ducks -- in the same proportion. However, you only see the H2 targeted so radically. Envy drives society - you see it everywhere. Politics are nearly 100% based on envy. Vote for me and I'll take his money and give it to you. It works. Brrrr refers to "the public" as perceiving us in a bad light. That same "public" is the one who votes for any politician (Bill Clinton, Al Gore) that promises to redistribute wealth. Why would we expect that the "public" would feel any different about us?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol
just 1 more semester still my masters, and then 2 more years till my PE...
then comes mo money mo money ....lol
jk

speaking of that type of thing..
I want an old cobra with the 427... hehe

when I can afford, I'll build a rig (or buy one), and trailer it to the trails...

thats after I have my cobra of course... hehe

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 11-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ted is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeE:
dang
sas or long travel ifs?
decisions decisions...

in my area, there are very very few areas to do high speed offroading, so sas'ing and building a rock crawlew is more efficient...
but a desert runner would be so sweet!!!

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hob...></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think outside the box, be IFS Core, and go LT.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:29 PM

jeep is off the scale

i'll put an end to this..........Jeeps are better......there is nothing else to say.....don't respond to this statement because it is a fact.

only in a jeep
Old 12-15-2003, 12:49 AM

AlamoJim is off the scale

for cryin out loud...how did this get back to the top of the list? I drive a slightly modded jeep - I have wheeled with H1s and H2s...can a stock Jeep Rubicon outwheel an H2? can a stock H2 outwheel and H1? blah blah blah
I like to wheel with people who want to wheel - I don't care what you bring as long as you BRING IT TO WHEEL...period.
I like to say - if you can't afford to break it - don't follow me. Maybe you can afford more of a vehicle - that's cool. Class envy is reserved for those with no class. Everybody hates the Rich - but they still play the lotto.
Sure "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" but that is because the Rich do what made them rich over and over - and the poor do the same...go figure.

this is a childish thread...it should have died back in July when it started.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeep:
i'll put an end to this..........Jeeps are better......there is nothing else to say.....don't respond to this statement because it is a fact.

only in a jeep<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh and point at you!
just for your info..
my stock '02 taco with open diffs and 31" road tires... has run with locked heeps with 35" MT's

and, Marshalls sas taco with 33s has out wheeled any jeep I have ever seen...
I have personally seen him out wheel locked jeeps with 35s and 38s...

(his rear diff is welded, his front was open the time he out wheeled the jeep with 38s and locked front and rear...)

Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 AM

I am still active in ttora, and ... a jeep club...lol
but I started my own club with a few friends

http://forums.delphiforums.com/rockssweatgears/start

so far, it's my 2 yotas, a blazer, and a bronco...

if any of you are in the ohio/pa/wv... area, join up...

Old 12-15-2003, 09:23 PM

I always bash heeps...
lol
I love wheeling with them, and showing them up ;o)
then I play sub with my taco... dive dive dive...lol

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...67968299QLDWuy

I've been super busy with work and class (finals are finally over)
being an electrical engineering service engineer... I am on call 24/7, the week of thanksgiving on,I have had almost no free time...

it'll be worth it when I graduate this spring with my masters in electrical engineering...

(then I can look forward to the 2nd 8 hour exam to obtain my PE)

anyways...
back to wheeling,
my alt died on the way home from wellsville on the last trip, (it's a brand new one, so it was under warrenty, just took a wile to change out again...)

I'll probably be heading to wellsville this coming sunday, then sometime this winter, the taco is getting an LSD in the rear, a 2" bl, and probably some sort of 33" tire?...

later guys,
mike

Old 12-26-2003, 07:17 AM

OnlyUsedOnce is off the scale

"IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple."

4.0 pre-medical student, accepted to Geffen, UCLA, thank you very much. I was browsing, and just had to respond:
1974 Jeep Cherokee - STOCK:
109" Wheelbase
6.6liter (401cid) V8
GM TH400
Saginaw steering
GM power brakes - disc/drum
QuadraTrac Full Time 4wd (2.57:1 lo)
Solid Dana 44 front/rear, six lug [Wide track available post-'75]
Everything above the frame.
Very similar grill to the H2. Every time an H2 owner sees my grill, I get a very sour look. Did GM forget the AMC roots? HMMWV design started in '79, when AM General was still tied to AMC. Please don't forget that AM General was part of AMC, and although the H2 was not designed by Jeep, I feel they should be considered to be family by virtue of styling cues alone. Drive what you want to drive, just don't bash others based on what they drive alone. Makes no sense to me[list]?? Anyway, AMC=All Makes Combined.
**Borrowed photo, that is not my Jeep!**
Old 12-26-2003, 06:05 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Why did you "borrow" the photo? With all tha edumocation I figure you could import a picture of your own jeep and post it.

P.S. why post such an ugly picture?
Old 12-29-2003, 02:42 PM

AlamoJim is off the scale

and you wonder why some people get so uptight over the H2? I watched 2 H2 owners (one was bright green/chrome and lowered...ugh) sit in mall traffic side by side blocking both lanes for 5 minutes while they 'chatted' through the windows. and this is the day after x-mas with the mall packed out...
This is the kind of activity that gives ANY 4x4 owner a bad rap.

The difference between Genius and Stupidity?
Genius has limits...
Old 12-29-2003, 09:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlamoJim:
(one was bright green/chrome and lowered...ugh)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well for most people, that puts him in a certain steriotype right away...lol

got rice?

Old 12-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OnlyUsedOnce:
"IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I hope your medical opinions will be more valid and less general than this ignorant remark. You do not gain intelligence from going to school (as you tried to point out), just knowledge, don't be so naive nor assume the members of this forum are.

Your post points to your lack of class, your age to your lack of accomplishment in life and your ignorance displays your lack of intelligence, so I guess you were saying that H2 owners are more intelligent, accomplished individuals.

By the way you pointed out 3 things not "a couple." Better learn to count before medical school starts up.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-29-2003, 10:10 PM

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=9526053822&m=431603697 3
Old 12-29-2003, 11:19 PM

OnlyUsedOnce,

sorry if I am just a moron, but what were you impling in your 2 posts?

if you are pointing to this: "IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple."

I dissagree with that statement...
last weekend I went to wellsville for a day filled with trail carnage...
all 3 of us were electrical engineers who seem to be doing well for ourselves...lol

I took my offroad rig which is an '86 4runner, and the other guys had a jeep...

if you want to compare brains... I'm sure you can spell better than I, but I am sure I have greater ability than you in some areas...

if everyone were the same, life would be boring... and there wouldn't be any jeeps for me to pull out of the woods...lol (see link below

http://community.webshots.com/album/107006954BUxNwW
Old 12-30-2003, 05:17 AM

Guys, sorry if that was cryptic. No, I do not agree with the above quote, which was originally posted by DRTYFN, not me. Paragon, direct your statements to DRTYFN and notice that there were quotations around the original quote in my first post. Quotation marks usually signify that the text within them is a quote. Notice I put a sad face next to the quote, because I did not agree with it. I do agree that it is an ignorant remark. Paragon, don't be so quick to jump on people and attack them. For such a professional, you are quick to insult others - not the kind of guy I would want for my physician or dentist. Naive - of course - I am young, and only know what I have experienced so far, which is not much! I have not "been around the block," but wisdom should come with age and experience, which I, like most people, am slowly gaining as I progress through academia.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:29 AM

SONA is off the scale

Wow this sure got off topic...

"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life