Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 PM

2slo4now is off the scale

Hey CronusTRD

Your right your 1950's straight axle design is the best. Smooth ride, no bump steer, no tracking problems. It is truly a shame that every truck manufacturer builds most of their 4x4 trucks with IFS front suspension. They are so stupid. Even the H1 which has IFS front and rear does so bad offroad that it is the vehicle of choice of the US military. You know the other real cheezy off road 4x4 trucks that run IFS is all the top finishers of the BAJA 500. If you like straight axles run them. Just don't expect me to use that rough ridin Junk.

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Spiffy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLE YLLR:
SO WHATS YOUR POINT IN GETTING IN TO THIS FORUM? SOUNDS LIKE YOUR JUST TRYING TO STIR IT UP. I SMELL A TROLL!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The caps lock is stuck on your comptuer.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Spiffy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2slo4now:
Hey CronusTRD

Your right your 1950's straight axle design is the best. Smooth ride, no bump steer, no tracking problems. It is truly a shame that every truck manufacturer builds most of their 4x4 trucks with IFS front suspension. They are so stupid. Even the H1 which has IFS front and rear does so bad offroad that it is the vehicle of choice of the US military. You know the other real cheezy off road 4x4 trucks that run IFS is all the top finishers of the BAJA 500. If you like straight axles run them. Just don't expect me to use that rough ridin Junk.

Dan from Alabama<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IFS does rule. Straight axels are out dated.

[This message was edited by Spiffy on 09-01-03 at 04:20 PM.]
Old 09-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Spiffy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
Yet another pathetic troll with nothing better to do. Just ignore him and he will go somewhere else to play in a few days.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are jealous they can’t afford the H2. The H2 is the finest production off road vehicle made. I’d like to see a Toy like the Tacoma, or a jeep follow the H2 off road. The H2 would win hands down. Maybe we can find some Jeeps, and Toys to have H2 vs the posers Toyota Trucks. I bet the H2 would put to shame the SAS Tacoma’s. Why put a Total Chaos, or Camburg kit on a Tacoma when you can buy the H2. Those desert posers would be pissed to see a H2 blow buy them thought the whoops
Old 09-01-2003, 10:12 PM

Bryanccfshr is off the scale

"Even the H1 which has IFS front and rear"

LMAO!

Do not despair I think if you really wheel the H2 more power to you..

This is mostly friendly ribbing(yes, this is actually friendly). If you want to wheel I will go with anyone.

Let's not get to wrapped up in brand loyalty. If you enjoy the vehicle that's all that matters. If you think anyone vehicle can outwheel all others in every terrain you are mistaken. A factory vehicle is a rolling compromise.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:30 AM

CronusTRD is an unknown quantity at this point

not a troll..just some one who knows the capabilities of a 4x4 and the difference between an h2 and a true 4x4.

I have a tahoe, which is essentially an h2.

Definitely not an H2!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:54 AM

dostacos is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLE YLLR:
SO WHATS YOUR POINT IN GETTING IN TO THIS FORUM? SOUNDS LIKE YOUR JUST TRYING TO STIR IT UP. I SMELL A TROLL!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No flame, no troll, just interested in seeing one actually wheel off road
Old 09-02-2003, 12:57 AM

firetacoma is off the scale

If there are any H2 owners in the Denver Metro area that would like to see if they can hang with some IFS tacomas, let me know... I've never seen one off-road... never even seen an H1 offroad... the mining roads around here are just too narrow for something that wide. Also is there a reason that 90 percent of the pictures in the member photo album are poser street pics?
Old 09-02-2003, 01:10 AM

willbchap is off the scale

Hello H2 Owners. I am a former Chapter President of a quite large Toyota Tacoma off road organization. I live in Virginia, and would be interested to see the off road capabilities of an H2. Even better would be to compare a Tacoma to an H2. There is a favorite playground to a few of us East Coast offroaders, which would be a perfect spot to hold this test. I would actually like to see a fair comparison and see the results. Any takers. However the places that we like to play, we usually get pin stripping and metal damage due to rocks, trees, and hills.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:24 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2slo4now:
Hey CronusTRD

Dan from Alabama<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't actually think your H2 has ANYTHING in common with an H1 do you?
Old 09-02-2003, 01:27 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Hey Toyota people. Why not check out some of the great videos and pictures on this forum of members taking their H2s on runs. Most are in So.cal, so the terrain isn't all that interesting, but they do do some challenging stuff. I personally offroad my beast at every opportunity, and I have the lovely pinstriping to prove it. I bought my truck to mess it up, and messed up it is, but it sure is fun. Why don't you guys join us on a Rubicon run? I've wheeled with a lifted Toyota before, and he did very well. Of course offroading is 90% the driver and 10% the vehicle. I used to run a fourrunner with a four inch lift (my buddies), and the thing was sweet. But I have to say, having driven both, The H2 is much nicer and has some awesome capabilities from stock. Sure a huge lifted built up offroader will have some advantages, but if you lift a an H2 like one of the forum members here, then you have a vehicle that can kick the crap out of any silly import.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-02-2003, 01:32 AM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

And by import we are only talking about Japanesse ones, not British ones right? And the guy with the tahoe comment, you are an idiot, go away.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 09-02-2003, 01:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spiffy:
I think they are jealous they can’t afford the H2. The H2 is the finest production off road vehicle made. I’d like to see a Toy like the Tacoma, or a jeep follow the H2 off road. The H2 would win hands down. Maybe we can find some Jeeps, and Toys to have H2 vs the posers Toyota Trucks. I bet the H2 would put to shame the SAS Tacoma’s. Why put a Total Chaos, or Camburg kit on a Tacoma when you can buy the H2. Those desert posers would be pissed to see a H2 blow buy them thought the whoops<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First the BEST offroad truck is a Mercedez Benz G wagon with lockers front and rear STOCK.

Next MIGHT be an H1 but an H2 nope, as for blowing by us in the whoops PLEASE state the date and time I GOTTA see this.

Oh heck as the challenged please contact me and we can do the squeeze and heart attack hill in Anza Borrego, or John Bull in Big Bear.

[Oh, please bring spare parts or some type of recovery vehicle because if you think you can blast through the whoops stock you sir are in for a rude awakening.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:36 AM

Dos you ever wheel with a G wagon?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 09-02-2003, 01:45 AM

CronusTRD what was up with that range rover picture? What are you trying to say about the Range Rover? The Range Rover is a very capable vehicle. Not the best for off-road in the Land Rover range, but still very capable. Wow you have a picture when they are stuck in snow. Do you feel special. What was the point of that. You people put huge lifts on yours and put huge tires on yours. And you try to compare yours to stock vehicles. Come on get a life!

Tell me when you find toyota's being used in africa and 3rd world countries because they are so capable? Well other then the FJ40, thats bad ass, but I am talking about your pickups.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:55 AM

DesertTRD is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spiffy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
Yet another pathetic troll with nothing better to do. Just ignore him and he will go somewhere else to play in a few days.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are jealous they can’t afford the H2. The H2 is the finest production off road vehicle made. I’d like to see a Toy like the Tacoma, or a jeep follow the H2 off road. The H2 would win hands down. Maybe we can find some Jeeps, and Toys to have H2 vs the posers Toyota Trucks. I bet the H2 would put to shame the SAS Tacoma’s. Why put a Total Chaos, or Camburg kit on a Tacoma when you can buy the H2. Those desert posers would be pissed to see a H2 blow buy them thought the whoops<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think im jelous cause I dont have a pile H2? All you have is a over glorified grocery getter, and your whole thing about an H2 blowing threw the whoops, bring it, im in socal we can meet in Lucerne or Barstow or even Ocotillo if your down south... Your H2 cant even handle a parking lot curb let alone a line of whoops...
Old 09-02-2003, 02:05 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris:
Dos you ever wheel with a G wagon?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have, it was a grey market 4 door, diesel
and the guy that drove it took it everywhere, including the Rubicon [he was personally invited by Mark Smith to run the Jeep jamboree, that is the one that only cj/wrangeler Jeeps run. No even the long wheel cj8s went, they had to run the Jeepers jamboree open to any jeep]

that truck is about the same size as the H2 but he was running 35s and those great lockers and he had buckets of low end torque from that diesel.

beleive me I love my Double cab as much as you guys love your H2s, but out of the box a Jeep Rubicon with 31s and front and rear lockers will eat both of us alive in the right conditions [narrow trails loose dirt/rocks] And as the challenged I guarantee your h2s will never hang with me. Why,you ask? simple I will chose a route to MY advantage [narrower than you will fit :-)]Or my desert buddings running long travel systems will kill an h2 in the desert, better wheel travel and the shocks will take alot more abuse before fading

Actually I would really like to wheel with some h2s in Southern Cal. I can be emailed at dbsnelsonSPAM@earthlin.net [remove spam] and we can set up a time.

Dos Tacos [IFS core all the way]
Old 09-02-2003, 02:09 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris:
CronusTRD what was up with that range rover picture? What are you trying to say about the Range Rover? The Range Rover is a very capable vehicle. Not the best for off-road in the Land Rover range, but still very capable. Wow you have a picture when they are stuck in snow. Do you feel special. What was the point of that. You people put huge lifts on yours and put huge tires on yours. And you try to compare yours to stock vehicles. Come on get a life!

Tell me when you find toyota's being used in africa and 3rd world countries because they are so capable? Well other then the FJ40, thats bad ass, but I am talking about your pickups.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how about the DOUBLE CABs they ARE all over the world. CNN had several nice shots of the Double cabs [black] that the US ARMY sent over for the special forces units so they could BLEND in. They are used as gun platforms all over the middle east and africa, just watch the news

As for range rovers, they aren't LAND ROVERs and those are the ones you see in Africa not the range rovers
Old 09-02-2003, 02:13 AM

I don't own an H2, I have a discovery. It makes no sense when people try to compare the H2 to other vehicle not in their class. The G500 has got about 10 inches less in the wheelbase to the H2. So you can group them together. But I don't know which is better off the showroom floor. Your experiecne is with a modified 500. I am talking about a 2003 stock G500.

But why did you all come over here? Just to piss off the H2 owner? If you don't have an actually reason other then pissing off then don't be here.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:16 AM

So why is it the Ranger's use Land Rovers? And yes there are Range Rovers in africa buddy. Range Rovers have been around for around 30 years. The Range Rovers are good off-road, well minus the whole 19 inchers. The sidewall is too small, other then that, they are great.

I don't watch CNN, I watch Fox Nes