H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-06-2004, 06:25 PM

tourtek is off the scale

Ok, here's a question? Since my computer was "cooked" and replaced, should I assume that these latest upgrades were installed when they did the re-flash/re-program on the new one? I was told that when they re-flash a computer that the information is downloaded straight from GM into the PCM/VCM, so all the latest patches should be included? The part number on the programing is
12582605. Is their anyway to look this up and find out if it includes the latest upgrades.I'm not so sure they didn't just put in the old program that they might have previously saved somewhere?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 AM

Nitrobooger is off the scale

I just had mine reprogramed today. I will post up any noticeable differences later. Shifting seems better but, it could be just me. I had the Hypertech on before.......
Old 08-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my computer updated a week ago. Was getting 10.8 mpg and now getting 11.0. Pretty much the same route and driving.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Gas mileage is definitely better. Mine keeps getting better over time after the update and it will soon be 2MPG better, it's at about 1.5MPG better now with about 2 tanks since the programming.

If I upped my air pressure I might could reach 14-15MPG on the highway now, but I am running the stock tires at 36psi.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
...but I am running the stock tires at 36psi. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bumped mine up to 40psi. They were about 32/34 from the factory. I did it to see if mpg would change. I'll have to watch the tread wear though.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine are at 44psi -- ride is excellent, and in my experience, I can take the corners at highest speed at this psi (I live in a hilly area).

My updated programming did NOT improve mpg whatsoever. 10.9 from the beginning, 10.9 now at 12,000 miles (in only 7 months!! ). Then again, I think I got the improved throttle response programming earlier than anyone here. So the improved mpg programming could be available more recently. Hmm.. gotta ask next oil change.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:08 PM

Allen is off the scale

I updated mine 1 week ago. My shifting is more tight, gas MPG seems lower. Throttle response is better and the air suspension stopped cycling over and over. Over all - happy, tire Pressure - 42 all around. MPG - 9.5
Old 08-19-2004, 06:42 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

Had mine done,. seems as the milage might be up maybe .5mpg, i did notice the auto vol. on the stero works now.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

Any update from Diablosport? Lyndon Wester (guy who custom programed the tune for my truck & my M.I.Laws H2 has been able to figure out the new GM tuning. He said that this was the most difficult yet, and he thinks others will have an extremly tough time figuring it out. I have a 93 HOT TUNE on my 2500HD, and I put a 87/89 dual tune on the H2. I have to say that the custom tunes made all the difference in the world.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

mmayo, how is the westers pcm working.

what kind of improvements are u seeing?
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

I have had it on my truck (2500HD 4x4 CC 6.0L) since last october (I went with the 93 HOT Tune). It made a world of difference. I changed my shifts at WOT to 5600 and told him I wanted it geared toward power & not towing. With the 93 tune you can get ~50 more HP, and it feels like I got that! It also increased my mileage a tiny bit.

On the H2 I ordered the 87/89 dual tune, and kept the shift points at stock. So depending on what you put in the tank, the PCM will use different tables, and you'll see different results. On the 6.0L engines, with 87oct you'll see ~25 more HP, with 89oct ~35 more HP. The H2 gets much better performance with the 89oct, it doesn't downshift nearly as much as it used to on the highway when it was stock, and according to the DIC the MPG have increased a bit as well.

Lastly, since I see you have a D/A, I put a 50HP Westers tune on my dads 01 2500HD CC 4x4, Since my dad farms and really hasn't found anything the duramax couldn't handle he wanted an increase in MPG. After I put the new tuned PCM on his truck, he saw much more power and got an increase of about 2.5 MPG. We actually raced trucks from 0-100 and his pulled away from mine the whole time after he got tuned!!!

I have also ordered other tunes for friends with different combo's of vehicles. If anyone is interested in seeing what the tune did for my truck in or around the San Antonio area let me know.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks for the info, I'll have to see about getting one.
Did u buy another ecm or send yours in?

I've got a juice/attitude coming Wednesday so I can play now, the LLY took a little while.
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

I sent mine back to him after I installed the one he tuned. Once you put the tuned one in you'll never want to put your old one back in!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Hummer Professional

We trade or sell ours vehicles quite a bit and w/ the Dmax u have to have the new vin update each time.
I don't know if the gas is that way too.
But for warranty work I'd like to be able to switch and take it in.
I'll have to talk to westers about setting me up.
Ex H2&3 owner
Old 08-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Hummer Guru

mmayo, any contact info or pricing on that upgrade?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Hummer Professional

Dan, it's like 'wester's garage' do a search on google.
I can't get to the site because of EDS and they are in Kanada
Ex H2&3 owner
Old 08-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

website is http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

1-888-WESTER1

His name is Lyndon Wester, extremely nice guy. Tell him Michael Mayo sent you.

Tim, you don't have to take it out for warranty work, there is no way for them to detect it. He puts the latest GM updates on the PCMs, so if they look at it they leave it alone. If they happen to update it for any reason, he'll send you a new one and you ship yours back to him.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just got the following reply from Diablosport on the new programming:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is a possibilty thats what happened, to be sure I would recommend that we look at the new update that you where given. We can do this by you going into tune it>>troubleshooting and select "save current data" this will read whatever you have on the PCM right now, it will not over write anything. Then you can either send us the predator or check our downloads section out and get the pc interface for 03-04 gm vehilces and follow the instructions and e-mail me the PCM read.
Let me know <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

OK I called my Two Dealers, one in Pasadena and one in Vegas. Both of them had not clue on what I was talking about. So who should I go to in LA