H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 06:43 PM

h2turbo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Thanks for answering those. I have more:

The K&N you supply chaffs on the brake lines and the fuel filler hose. Have you fixed that yet? And if so, how did you fix it? I'd hate to see some deadly problem caused by that.

Also, the issue of the rock rails. Many guys and gals on this forum use their trucks offroad. Your design requires cutting the rail supports subsantially to install, thus rendering one nearly useless. Have you fixed this problem yet? And how have you fixed it?

Could you post pics of the system installed on an H2? Both the underside and engine bay.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted by Turbo H2:
With Jonahs, the only thing I will say is that oiling system was installed incorrectly. We've had many customers with the 6.0L engine running for over a year with no issues, including my truck, which was the first 6.0L truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You said the oiling system wasn't installed correctly on his truck. Hard to prove problem, I'm sure. How, exactly, was it determined that was the problem? Dealer inspection or some other method? Since his was one of, if not the first, H2 with your system, how did you assist in the install? And more importantly, how did you assist in the repair?

Can't wait to see the dyno sheets. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The K&N issue you talk about is addressed in the instruction manual. There is a bracket that must be bent so that the filter does not rub on the brake lines.

We did not know that our first H2 had aftermarket rails, there wasn't an issue. We received feedback from one of the dealers that they had to make a notch in the stock rail, but they didn't have to cut the rail support. We will get a stock H2, take a look at the severity of the issue and come up with a fix.

I don't want to comment on Jonah's issue as we were not given a chance to talk with him, only his attorney. We tried many times and wish we could talk with him and work to a win-win, but that is not the case. I'm sure you can appreciate for legal reasons why I cannot say more than this...

We have hundreds of other happy customers that love their systems. If needed, we can provide you with customers that are willing to comment on their positive experience with STS. The testimonials section of our website are submitted from customers as well. http://www.ststurbo.com/testimonials

Thanks!

Ben