H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-17-2005, 08:20 PM

zkirby is off the scale

After some minor setbacks and 6 hours at the dealership my wife and I drove home our new baby last night. It is Slate blue, lux pkg with tan lthr., auto, sunroof, XM radio with the Monsoon system (holy cow does this thing boom), Chrome appearance pkg, tow pkg, black tubular steps, all the air bags we could get incl the roof/rollover bags , and tinted windows, oh and Onstar of course but I believe that is standard on all of them. We love it and can't drive it enough. The quality and design of this vehicle is superb, did I mention that WE LOVE IT?!? Thnaks for all the great advice and information throughout the last two weeks while we were trying to decide on the right vehicle for my wife, you were all great. Ok Ok I'll shut-up and post what you all want...PICS...

zkirby
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2005, 08:20 PM

zkirby is off the scale

After some minor setbacks and 6 hours at the dealership my wife and I drove home our new baby last night. It is Slate blue, lux pkg with tan lthr., auto, sunroof, XM radio with the Monsoon system (holy cow does this thing boom), Chrome appearance pkg, tow pkg, black tubular steps, all the air bags we could get incl the roof/rollover bags , and tinted windows, oh and Onstar of course but I believe that is standard on all of them. We love it and can't drive it enough. The quality and design of this vehicle is superb, did I mention that WE LOVE IT?!? Thnaks for all the great advice and information throughout the last two weeks while we were trying to decide on the right vehicle for my wife, you were all great. Ok Ok I'll shut-up and post what you all want...PICS...

zkirby
Old 09-17-2005, 08:23 PM

zkirby is off the scale

Here's one more, and yes sadly it is her daily driver not mine. but hey, she has let me drive it a few times already so I'm happy

zkirby
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

montanah3 is off the scale

Congratulations& have fun. My husband hasn't even dared to ask if he could drive mine!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Brian H is off the scale

Awesome ride zkirby! That's one of the cleanest sharpest pics I have seen posted on here. Perfect combination with the chrome package and black side steps.
Enjoy it!

Brian
Old 09-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey congrats to both of you!! My green H3 is just 4 days old and I can't stay out of it!!! The Monsoon system does rock!!! I am loving XM too!
You guys are in JAX - do you ever listen to Lex and Terry in the mornings on Rock105? I am very good friends with them and call in the show every now and then - kind of a distant regular on the show - I write jingles for their radio bits...
Old 09-17-2005, 10:08 PM

zkirby is off the scale

Thx everyone for the comments. SteveRH thanks for noting the chrome with the black sidesteps, we actually had an H3 in our name so to speek since last monday or so which was in transit to the dealership. It was identical to this one w/o the added air bags and the chrome pkg. I went in to start the paperwork Wed night and all was well until my wife and I got there Friday morning to finish everything and pick the vehicle up. Well apparently when they started to detail it and order it's cleaning and detailing for us that morning it was listed as sold to someone else, seems it was a special order from a Chevy dealership that was not even supposed to end up at our Humemr dealership. The poor guy who had ordered it had been losing his mind for the better part of a week where the vehicle was listed as delivered but his dealership had no reciept of its delivery. Also I might add the Humemr dealership is less than a week old and all the Hummers were recently moved from the old GM dealership where they were being sold from to the new dealership which is still unfinished and as was proved there computers are a bit behind. We were pretty dissapointed but as luck would have it there was an almsot identical H3 which had DVD headrests, chrome rims, chrome sidesteps, and the chrome app pkg. We really liked the black stuff incl the door handles and mirrors and almost didn't get our H3. Our dealership was so embarrassed they wanted to do anything to make it up to us and offered to special order one for us or make one from their inventory as we wanted it. Long story short the chrome handles and mirrors grew on us and the dealership swapped the sidesteps, headrests, and chrome rims. Well 4 of the rims at least LOL when I looked under our spare tire cover there was a bright chrome rim. No worries though as we had to take the vehicle back in this morning for its final detialing and auto butler finish which the dealership throws in for free here for 5 years. All in all we are completely pleased and love it so much, it is so fun as you all know and rides like a cadillac, well for a truck that is.

zkirby
Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Hummer Expert

zkirby, it's beautiful man!
Good work!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:01 PM

zkirby is off the scale

Oh and heck yeah I listen to Lex and Terry in the morning, it's a small world isnt it.

zkirby
Old 09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Oh wow man...
So, I have to tell you that when Lex and Terry moved to Dallas for a bit, they made friends with a band called SKWEE-G, who played Bitch Brawl and Babes with Brains. I was the guitar/keyboard player - English guy - who calls in on the show about the band. Now we're RIVETHEAD (I now play guitar/keys/sing)and we do the DBF theme song... I have written other tunes for the show as well - "The Lex and Terry Theme Song", "HPOA" song, "Fishing Show" song and more... It is indeed a small world...
A little history on SKWEE-G
Old 09-18-2005, 12:09 AM

zkirby is off the scale

That is too cool man, I am trying to teach myself Guitar at the moment but it is proving a hard instrument for me to pick up on my own. I think I am going to start lessons, at east 1 hr a week. I love DBF it is absolutely hilarious, I will listen more carefully to the songs next time I am driving. Take care.

This is an edit but I am on your website right now, sweet music Steve, you guys really rock. I might just order a CD to test the limits of the H3's Monsoon system.

zkirby
Old 09-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Awesome zkirby!
We'd love to send some tunes to JAX for ya...
The theme song for DBF is used for 90% of the music when they come back from commercial breaks... I keep bothering the guys about bringing us back to JAX... I actually dropped an F-bomb on the air on national radio that went out without the delay by mistake the last time I was in the studio... Whoops...
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 PM

smackdn773 is off the scale

nice choice zkirby, the chrome pkg grew on me too. I like that pin stripping with the HUMMER on the end.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">A beautiful lady next a beautiful H3!

Good Luck with your new ride!</span>
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

you need to loose the Toyota and get another Hummer now.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your new ride, looks great. I absolutely love the Slate Blue. Does the Jax dealer put the pin strip on all their H3s? I know someone else here that got a black H3 from there and it has the pin strip too. Glad she lets you drive it occasionally. Will she let you take it out and play in the woods?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-01-2005, 12:31 AM

zkirby is off the scale

Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I'm in the Navy and we are gearing up to take my squadron back to the boat for a week of sustainment while we all get current again on our carrier quals. So I have been super busy lately. We have almost 800 miles on the H3 and we still love it just as much or more than when we first drove it home. XM Dude, I do need to get rid of the toyota and get another H3 but the wife wants a Vette . HummerNewbie, about the pinstriping, I have seen alot of the H3's from our dealer here come with the pinstriping and just as many without it, I didnt pay it any attention when we picked our H3, in fact I completely thought it was stock and now that I look at the invoice I dont even see a charge for it (wierd). I'm sorry all about the size of my pics, they were the first I ever posted on here, next time I will size them accordingly as it is super annoying to read this thread now Well take care all and again thanks for the comments.

zkirby