H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-06-2005, 01:55 AM

mightypuck is off the scale

Quote:
Cooooooool Ps, I saw the new navigation today.. it is cool.. and it matches the dash and the dash has a change too. I will see If I can get a pic soon

H3Lady, please post pics of the new navigation system when you get them. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 AM

Marc H3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by H3Lady:
Guess who made your H3's engine....You don't want to know
f5fstop, don't say nothing yet if you know...
Quote:
Originally posted by H3 Builder:
... As far as the engine, I thought it was all North American made. Not to say it wasn't designed by someone outside the USA. Like the Colorado was designed by Isuzu.
Quote:
... Anyway...I was also told the I5 is on the graveyard cut list too....

I wish I did not know this as It makes me upset too.
sorry...
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I -5 is made in Tonawanda, New York - btw: the Largest Engine Plant in the World!

... Grave yard NOT!

We make the I -5 for the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon & now the H3! Next year the I-5 will be getting 25 more HP and perhaps there might be a V8 option offered in 08 for those that need the extra towing power.

That certainly doesn't mean the I - 5 is dead! The vast majority of our buyers are looking for the Hummer style and certainly want much better gas mileage than the H2s get. That article above states that the Hummer weighs 700 lbs more than the pickups, however the 4 door pickup versions weighs approx. 250 lbs. more than the H3.

After driving the H3 for over two months and getting use to the drive line I am satisfied with its power (plently enough for what I need) and so are about 90 + % of the new H3 owners.</span>
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The I-5 is not ging anywhere, and H3lady has probs I guess. Don't like it, don't buy it. And I am totally afended by the Aztek hit, I paid 32k for a tricked out Aztek in 01 and it is worth only 14 k. Good news is the mo fo is so ugly people don't even dent it in the lot let alone try to steal the troll. My Aztek is so pimped it has heads up display and heated leather, ah uh
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, I have been at the Red cross helping all day....

My mom is handicap and sitsat home all day..I happen to be online reading this...

Hmmm...seems to be two completely opposite statements. Seems that not only is she handicapped and allegedly stuck at home all day but she's got multiple personalities too!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I guess she saw TONAWANDA and thought it was Korean.

Tonawanda and Okanawa are close.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black_H3 is off the scale

Quote:
By DennisAJC

My VIN# is 3342GO-****457348YOURSELF8544-1

I laughed so hard, people came into my office thought I was having a seizure
Old 09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought this thread would be dead by now.
First, if H3Lady is handicapped, I will apologize for any nasty remarks made. However, please answer me as to how if you are handicapped and in a chair you help with the Red Cross, and drive an H3.
Second, the son appears not to be an exec at GM, since the spelling is terrible (ok, maybe he is an engineer). As for a GM exec threatening to basically void a warranty, this ever gets out, he could be fired.
The I-5 is far from dead, we have in our facility the new version of the same engine, and guess what, it still has five cylinders.
As for the Detroit New article…please, anyone who reads the Detroit News knows that all they do is bash US vehicles. As for people who say it is underpowered, they have never really driven the vehicle, or understand the differences between a large SUV made for driving to and from a soccer field versus an off-road vehicle designed to drive comfortably on the highways and be able to go off road at any turn.
In my opinion, the current engine is very adequate. Yes, it could use 20-25 more horses, but I did not purchase this vehicle beat “ricers” off the line. More HP might (and I say might) give it a bit better fuel economy since the engine will not have to labor as much off the line, but the fuel mileage I’m getting is more than adequate for this large heavy vehicle.
This vehicle is very well made; it is tight as hell, good quality in the building of the vehicle (exterior gaps are great, interior well made and installed, etc.). In my opinion (and that is all it is), it has better quality than my 2003 Vette, and I considered that a well-made car (except for the cheap looking interior).
Yes, there will be problems with some components due to suppliers, but it is man-made, and therefore, mistakes will happen. Just be happy that most of these mistakes will be found out well within the warranty period.
Now, let’s let the engine rest, it is a US manufactured engine (verified by quite a few other people), it will be around for quite some time, and it is built to take punishment.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If H3Lady is handicapped I will assume any nasty remarks fstop made. "her" handicap does not require a wheelchair, I am pretty sure.

Not only was that a Detroit News article but is was an article from 3 months ago. A full 2 weeks after the release of the first H3s. What's more sad about the trolling effort of "lady" is the time being spent to try to fit in, just so "it" can troll. Just think about all of the googling he must be doing just to try to keep up.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Roger is off the scale

Hell im in a wheelchair and I dont take any offense to any remarks in here. People need to have a thicker skin if there gonna post dumb ass ****.