H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Numerous reasons for a stop on any part. Could be some have been manufactured incorrectly, finish could be bad, etc. Could be one out of 100 might have a problem, not just everyone. Similar to a bulletin, not all vehicles will be affected by a bulletin, but enough to raise someone's attention.
Time will tell.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

Are you saying that GM put out a bulletin on the fix because thats what my dealer is waiting for
Old 08-21-2005, 04:12 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

My dealer told me a similar story, but still doent explain why mine did have the hitch i ordered
Old 08-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3-o Hawaii is off the scale

I did not order a H3, but found a dealer that had 1 close to what I wanted.
White/ebony/lux/off road/auto/chrome pack/side steps/sunroof.
The dealer told me the marker lights were listed in the build order, but I just found the windwo sticker on GM`s web site and there was no roof marker lights listed in the options.
I am hoping that the problem can be fixed and I can add them to my H3, before shipping to Hawaii. I also hope this dealer can add the chrome gas cap as well. I will send whatever feedback I get from my dealer.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
Are you saying that GM put out a bulletin on the fix because thats what my dealer is waiting for </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO, I have no idea if a bulletin has been issued, all I know is it is true that the marker lights have been put on hold. Please read what I said again.

I am just saying what some of the common problems are with items such as this, and saying that not ALL vehicles with marker lights will exhibit the problem, which is similar to a bulletin. Many think if a bulletin is issued it pertains to their vehicle, and that is not correct.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3-o Hawaii is off the scale

My salesman is looking into the Marker lights, but mentioned that the XM radio antenna could be the reason that the marker lights make wind noise on some of the H3`s????
Do the owners of the H3`s that are having problems also have the XM radio option?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canucksnaphook:
fstop....dude you have WAY too much knowledge. Thankfully you have returned back to this forum to help people like me (zero knowledge) with the future purchase of a fairly expensive toy, and the upkeep after purchase. Thanks again

C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks, but afer 14 years in service engineering, a person can't help but absorb this type of information. Over the years I have worked directly with service parts on dealer installed accessories, RPAs and with the warranty people on warranty questions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">I have been away for awhile and I just got back and I have to agree 100% so glad to see you back again. Way too much knowledge would have been lost if you stayed away.

Regarding the question on the new chrome gas cap. I had mine installed just before I went to Michigan for few days. The cap didn't fit very good at all. I told the service rep. that I really didn't like the way it fit at all. So he got another new one and tried it out... it fit better but you could see behind the rubber gas gasket area. It looked to me like the plastic border molding was not molded properly and it sure did not fit the body good at all.

Perhaps they had some that were sent out to the dealers that were not molded correctly.</span>
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TURK:
My salesman is looking into the Marker lights, but mentioned that the XM radio antenna could be the reason that the marker lights make wind noise on some of the H3`s????
Do the owners of the H3`s that are having problems also have the XM radio option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just picked my H3 up on Thurs. and have driven 845 miles, of which, 550 miles were at speeds of 65-84 mph. I have roof marker lights and XM Satellite and I did not have ANY wind noise whatsoever from any source, it was an exceptionally quiet ride. I did ask about the noise from roof marker lights and Lynch Hummer told me that they had a "fix", so I guess they were correct. They had the H3 chrome fuel door in last week and were out almost immediately, so I missed out.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:40 PM

richk is off the scale

My marker lights are just as noisy as ever. Even after the dealer did a supposed fix.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:24 PM

Hookerpat is off the scale

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I didnt have a problem with marker light noise until about 800 miles or so. Then the windshield rattled like crazy, very embarassing when taking friends for a ride in the new "toy". Anyway, called the dealer, set an appointment and I was out the door in 45 minutes. They even test drove it to ensure no more noise. Now I am very pleased with my Hummer and the dealership's service.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hookerpat:
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I didnt have a problem with marker light noise until about 800 miles or so. Then the windshield rattled like crazy, very embarassing when taking friends for a ride in the new "toy". Anyway, called the dealer, set an appointment and I was out the door in 45 minutes. They even test drove it to ensure no more noise. Now I am very pleased with my Hummer and the dealership's service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-23-2005, 08:23 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

Hookerpat what did they do to fix your lights