H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM

GrimReaper is off the scale

For more than a year I have been looking for a decent looking mid size SUV with 4wd built on a truck chassis with a manual transmission. There are hundreds of SUV's on the market, but none that fit this description. Last week, when a friend told me that the H3's were being sold, I got out my checkbook and I called the nearest dealer to tell him I was coming over to buy/order a manual transmission adventure package H3. Imaging my frustration when he told me that all of the manual transmission H3's had been returned to the factory, and Borg-Warner was going to have to redesign the manual transmission. He said the manual trans would not be available until later in the year. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Does anyone have any more specific info about this?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM

For more than a year I have been looking for a decent looking mid size SUV with 4wd built on a truck chassis with a manual transmission. There are hundreds of SUV's on the market, but none that fit this description. Last week, when a friend told me that the H3's were being sold, I got out my checkbook and I called the nearest dealer to tell him I was coming over to buy/order a manual transmission adventure package H3. Imaging my frustration when he told me that all of the manual transmission H3's had been returned to the factory, and Borg-Warner was going to have to redesign the manual transmission. He said the manual trans would not be available until later in the year. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Does anyone have any more specific info about this?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

I haven't heard of any manual trans problems yet. If you want one now, tell your dealer to do a search and dealer trade to get you the one you want now.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:28 PM

EricJ is off the scale

I havent heard anything about this. My dealer just recieved a 5 speed that I drove on Friday and I loved it. I'd like to know more if there are problems before I order my 5-speed.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Old 07-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not heard this either. The best source for the truth would be H3builder if he is around. I see that you are in Daytona, what dealer did you call?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Smells like a load of crap buddy.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:26 PM

I had sent emails to the Orlando and the Jacksonville dealers. The Orlando dealer called me with this information about the manual transmission recall. He said that he had driven a manual, and that it was awesome, but that unfortunatley they would not be available for "a few months" following the transmission redesign. He said that GM had pulled all manual transmission H3's of of the rail cars and out of the delivery line. The Jacksonville dealer responded to my email with an email of his own listing the H3's at his dealership that were "a close match" to the configuration that I spec'd out. His brief email did not list anything other than color (and none of the "close matches" were the color that I had requested). I then responded back with another email saying that I had heard that Hummer could not offer me a manual transmission at this time, and that I was only interested in a manual transmission. They did not respond to this email. I suppose I should call around the state to a few other dealers to see if this guy was just pulling my leg.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:49 PM

PS.
I just did an online inventory search for each dealer within 250 miles. I could not find a single manual transmission listed except for one dealer where ALL of the models used the same standard photo and option template which included a manual trans. Time to make some phone calls.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I want a 5-speed for sure. I will probably have to order an H3 the way I want it. Having a stick shift is what attracted me to the H3.

The lack of manual transmission tells alot about the market share and the average American driver.

The dealers out here don't have many 5-speed on the lot

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Hummer Guru

I don't have any experience with the Jacksonville dealer, Firm does, but I don't rely on anything the Orlando dealer tells me. Do you know who replied to your email from Hummer of Orlando?

Old 07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I think someone is trying to sell you swamp land! Lynch Hummer has 4 manual H3s in stock
and no one I've talked to has heard of any problems with the manual transmission unit. Two of them they just recently got delivery on.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerJim:
I think someone is trying to sell you swamp land! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we have plenty of that down here

Old 07-11-2005, 06:05 PM

I don't know who it was that replied from Hummer of Orlando. He called me on the phone a few minutes after I sent the orignal email requesting info. A few hours ago I called the Jax dealer, and he told me that they just delivered a manual transmission model. He said that they order all automatics - the manual trans has to be special ordered because few people want them (sad, really, that people don't like to drive anymore). Based on that conversation and all of your responses it sounds like the Orlando salesman was just BSing me in the hopes that I would rush over and buy one of their automatics off of the lot. What a dick. I wish I remembered his name.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Sorry to hear that about your experience with Hummer of Orlando, but it really doesn't surprise me. I have not been impressed in any way with the dealership or the staff. I don't know about the service department at this point though. They could be great, time will tell. I think the big problem is that there is no competition within at least a two hour drive. Why work real hard at a sale when you have not competition I am waiting on the Blue myself but when we get ours, I plan on trying to get some groups together to go wheeling if you are interested. I am also working on a website for a Hummer owners group. Should be up shortly.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 PM

firm is off the scale

The dealer in Jax only ordered Manual transmissions. Although I special ordered a Yellow Adventure 5 speed with sunroof, marker lights, roof rack, and tube steps. It came out at around $34,000. The order went in beginning of June. I couldn't wait, and flew to Dallas to get mine. It should be there in August if your interested. I'll let you know if they call me.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Lister123 is off the scale

I had the same problem. I went looking and they did a recall in North Carolina on the manual trans.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

I live in California and I ordered my H3 with Lux, off-road package and a manual.I ordered it
about a week ago and they said it should be here no more than two months.Hopefully their right! They told me nothing about a recall.

Nelson
Old 07-12-2005, 06:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am waiting on the Blue myself but when we get ours, I plan on trying to get some groups together to go wheeling if you are interested. I am also working on a website for a Hummer owners group. Should be up shortly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HummerNewbie
Let me know about your web site. I may go up to Jax this weekend and order my H3. I also want the blue, and I was told that it would be available late summer. Looks like the order time is two months anyway, and so the timing would be right. (I assume that they would let me order the color now, even though it was not yet available.) They also told me that the chrome gas cap and the grill lights were not yet available. Looks like probably mid Spet before I would get my special order. Just in time for football season. I need a good tailgate vehicle to drive down to Miami for the games!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:01 PM

Grendel is off the scale

My girlfriend had gone in a little over a month ago and put an order in for a manual transmission H3. Week later the dealer called and said the order was on hold due to issues witht the manual transmision. She got a call yesterday that the truck will be build and she should expect it to arrive about the second week of August.