H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 07-13-2004, 06:43 PM

H2Beast is off the scale

Hello chaps, these are my TJ, H2..with all mods. On the prio list: Fitting a camaro Z28 V8 engine in my TJ rubicon 04. The H2 is getting the supercharger fitted and will be ready this week. PC-inside with all goodies are now fitted in the H2 with Winxp media centre. Photos will follow..

H2Beast is off the scale

Hello chaps, these are my TJ, H2..with all mods. On the prio list: Fitting a camaro Z28 V8 engine in my TJ rubicon 04. The H2 is getting the supercharger fitted and will be ready this week. PC-inside with all goodies are now fitted in the H2 with Winxp media centre. Photos will follow..

H2Beast is off the scale

Old 07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pretty nice....
one thing on the rock rails. It's obviously just me or are those "on" or "installed" backwards?????? Shouldn't the lip of the rocker guard be covering the Jeeps side panel???????????/ It just looks different too me, what brand sliders are those?
Old 07-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

The only other thing.
That ISN"T a JEEP RUBICON......unless of course that is the name that you have given it, right?

Rubicon's use Black Powder Coating for the Diamond Plating...You also would not of had to change to R&P, as the RUBI comes with it???
The "Laura Croft" edition only came in two different colors, silver being the primary..blue the other.... If that was the Laura Croft edition RUBI, the light bar is different. Why would you have changed it?
Also, the RUBICON is only sold in the United States. Your from the Middle East...I'm not saying you didn't export it, but did you?

Aren't you friends with OMAN from JU? I could of sworn he tried to pull the same one over on us over there, but the RUBI experts called him on it. Looked identical to your TJ even.....

Not trying to bust your balls. There is just a good debate on it and I was wondering if this is really a FACTORY RUBI, or a TJ that you have built up....

If it's a factory RUBI with that Stickering, I think it's pretty cool. I was looking at RUBI"S with a friend the other day, my buddy wanted to find one with the "chrome" diamond plating on it, and we were told that they only came in the Powder Coat?
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

He must be short since those steps are flipped. Maybe it helps to get in with the flowing robes.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
He must be short since those steps are flipped. Maybe it helps to get in with the flowing robes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I don't think it's a stock Rubicon. I remember reading somewhere about the "Rubicon Raider" kit available for Jeeps in the Mideast. Hertz offers a Rubicon Raider for rent in the UAE, but I don't know what it looks like.

I saw an ad in some mag for a Rubicon Raider that was for sale somewhere over there but it had Mickey Thompsons. Same color though. My guess is that there is some customization company that's doing this.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

It's an imitation. 99.997% of the people in Dubai don't know the difference.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Hummer Guru

From JU:

To answer your questions guys, NO it is NOT a Rubicon as you guys know it.

And NO the guy is not trying to pass it off as something it isn't. See, here's the thing. Jeep believes this part of the world is nothing but sand, and therefore we would have no need for a 4:1 box. We actually do have some good mountain ranges in parts of the UAE and a lot of Northern Oman. Rocks galore.

Regardless, Jeep only sends the Sport and the Sahara to this part of the world. We can't even buy an Unlimited, which is a shame as there are plenty of long-range trips it would be perfect for...

What you're looking at is a Sport with a few "dealer fitted accessories" - kinda like Nalley Jeep is doing in the USA for those who have seen their Ebay auctions.

The Jeep dealers in the UAE have basically put together an appearance package to sell out there and are doing so with Daimler Chrysler's approval. The Rubicon Raider is just a Sport that has:

Warn front and rear bumpers
Diamond Plate rockers
Thin Tube steps
Add on Stinger bar
Lightbar
Warn Lights
Diamond plate appearance plate on the front Warn.
Mickey Thompson rims
I think 31" x 10.5" Mickey Thompson tires.
Rubicon Raider badge.

And maybe a couple other things I'm forgetting.

There's also a Rubicon option in the UAE showrooms which is basically a Sport with a 2" boost and some Pirelli Scorpions.

For what it's worth, our TJ was a "Dealership Appearance Package" but it was before the Rubicons and the Tomb Raider 2 Movie... so they just did it without giving it a name. Considering you have to multiply the cost of anything by 2 to get it out here, the dealer packages are a great starting point rather than trying to get most of the parts yourself. You're not paying for the original parts which the dealer keeps.

It's not as good as the American Tomb Raider Jeep, but if you want Warn Bumpers on your vehicle, and MT rims, it's a pretty well priced way to go about doing it. I wouldn't call it done, but it's a good starting place.

This guy in Dubai, Frank, who I've met through the local clubs is trying to take his to a bit more of an extreme...

Already it's been lifted... 33's were not enough and promptly swapped again for 35s.
* 6" TeraFlex liftkit with Rancho 9000RSK shocks
* Borla Headers
* ARB compressor and ARB lockers
* 35" BFG tires on 15" rims
* Lots of off-road lights
* Adjusted ECU unit
* Safari snorkel with K&N filter
* Bushwhacker fenders
* Warn bumpers and winch bar
* Warn 9.5Ti Winch
* Garmin 2650 GPS
* R&P changed.
* Remote locking.

From what I can remember...

And yep, the plans include a cross-breeding with a 1998 Z28 Camaro Engine and seats... and a possible modified hard top. Something I just photoshopped for him to explore some ideas...
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 PM

H2Beast is off the scale

Well last post said it all. This car is registered and sold as "Rubicon". This is sold via authorized jeep dealer in Dubai as the middle east or s.c. gulf spec Rubicon raider. Yes it's not same US Rubicon however I'm taking it to be more than a Rubicon. Last but not least..wait and see till I get the Camaro Z28 engine inside
Old 07-19-2004, 05:57 PM

Hummer__Viper is off the scale

Now i know why Jeep guys hate us so much...
Old 07-20-2004, 08:56 AM

drouke is off the scale

I'd like to see those media setup pics.