H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sheriff is on a distinguished road
Default After Leveling and Cognitos

And the FUN continues. I recently leveled (stock torsion adjustment) my '06 and installed the Bilstein Cognitos. Love the look and the ride. I took some pics this weekend after getting her all cleaned up, and thought I would share a couple:

Next, my plan is to replace the chrome rims w/ stock ones, new tires and get rid of the chrome gas cap. Anyone interested in the rims let me know. They will be going up for sale soon!!

THANKS for looking!!

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3NCO is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After Leveling and Cognitos

Looks good!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

How many times to you crank the T bars with the Cognitos? How much lift did you get from that.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
How many times to you crank the T bars with the Cognitos? How much lift did you get from that.

I went 3.5 turns on the left (driver's side) and 4.0 turns on the right. Both sides are at 23 1/4" (+/- 1/8"). The front is roughly 1" lower than the rear. I decided to leave it there since it looked close enough.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3NCO
Looks good!

Thanks H3NCO!!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

looks good and will be even better on stock wheels (and maybe 33's or even 35's MT tires?) I'd also suggest to get rid of the assist steps, you'll appreciate the overall cleaner look (and off-road side clearance, if you go to the terrain); wouldn't worry about the fuel door though, no a big deal that bit of chrome there.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
looks good and will be even better on stock wheels (and maybe 33's or even 35's MT tires?) I'd also suggest to get rid of the assist steps, you'll appreciate the overall cleaner look (and off-road side clearance, if you go to the terrain); wouldn't worry about the fuel door though, no a big deal that bit of chrome there.

Thanks for the comments! I've decided to go with 33" tires, primarily because I do a good bit of highway traveling. Doing a little research for a tire that will be good for the highway and also allow me to play a little offroad! I still have a fair amount of tread left on the current set, so I have time to decide!

Once I remove the chrome rims the chrome fuel door will stand out too much. I like the look of the matte black finished doors. maybe I can get someone to trade with me!!

This is what I love about "the toys"! Always something to modify, upgrade, and just change for the heck of it! My wife of 16+ years still thinks I am a little !! She may be right, but I am having fun!!

Last edited by Sheriff : 02-12-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
Thanks for the comments! I've decided to go with 33" tires, primarily because I do a good bit of highway traveling. Doing a little research for a tire that will be good for the highway and also allow me to play a little offroad! I still have a fair amount of tread left on the current set, so I have time to decide!

Once I remove the chrome rims the chrome fuel door will stand out too much. I like the look of the matte black finished doors. maybe I can get someone to trade with me!!

This is what I love about "the toys"! Always something to modify, upgrade, and just change for the heck of it! My wife of 16+ years still thinks I am a little !! She may be right, but I am having fun!!

here is pic of mine - I also used to have chrome wheels; I didn't like the hassles to dismount the fuel door (my fuel door mount is somewhat tricky and requires too much work to get rid of) and found the look acceptable - the front grille is chrome anyway. Just to give you idea how it looks with it.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
here is pic of mine....

That's a good looking Black H3. Thanks for the picture! How do you like your ProComp M/Ts?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
That's a good looking Black H3. Thanks for the picture! How do you like your ProComp M/Ts?

ProComp MT's are sturdy, heavy duty, 3-ply, with very strong sidewalls..can't go wrong with those; in the terrain I don't fear sharp rocks anymore. I bit regret that I didn't step-up to 35's, but that size presents some drawbacks too, so the 33" is overall nice. If I'll get H3 with V-8 engine some day down the road, I will consider 35's but with 3.7L I-5 I'll stick with 33's. Oh, M/T type tire does the justice to the truck...wouldn't bother with less aggressive threads. I thought that freeway ride will be bad, but it is pretty good and not too loud at all either (which is off course subjective, what may sound quiet to one person could be loud for someone else etc.).. good luck with your choices, but I think any quality brand M/T (BFG, Toyo..) you can find around the town will do the job.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
ProComp MT's are sturdy, heavy duty, 3-ply, with very strong sidewalls..can't go wrong with those; in the terrain I don't fear sharp rocks anymore. I bit regret that I didn't step-up to 35's, but that size presents some drawbacks too, so the 33" is overall nice. If I'll get H3 with V-8 engine some day down the road, I will consider 35's but with 3.7L I-5 I'll stick with 33's. Oh, M/T type tire does the justice to the truck...wouldn't bother with less aggressive threads. I thought that freeway ride will be bad, but it is pretty good and not too loud at all either (which is off course subjective, what may sound quiet to one person could be loud for someone else etc.).. good luck with your choices, but I think any quality brand M/T (BFG, Toyo..) you can find around the town will do the job.

Excellent feedback, THANKS!! Considering I own a Harley w/ true duals and every performance vehicle I have ever owned usually got an exhaust upgrade right away, I'm not too worried about noise. Instead of "Loud Pipes Save Lives", maybe we should get some T-shirts made up that say...

LOUD TIRES SAVE LIVES!

I kinda like that. Think I'll put it in my signature!!

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"