Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 11-24-2004, 04:53 PM

MountainMan is off the scale

here is a link that you will love, I laughed all the way through it I do not agree with it's path it takes but it shows you can compare anything to anything, and get a winner

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ini/index.html
Old 11-24-2004, 05:01 PM

No I just thought we were both not going budge, it gets boring for others to read a rant going back and forth, I do not wish to subject them to that, I will still think my sons LR3 is awesome. and that my 75 modle 2 land rover or my 83 toyota hilux pickup prob were the best 4x4 stock I ever owned, but technology goes on and we buy new becuse old ges old, by the way neither had over 100 hp or did I run over 31 tires on either
Old 11-24-2004, 05:01 PM

No I just thought we were both not going budge, it gets boring for others to read a rant going back and forth, I do not wish to subject them to that, I will still think my sons LR3 is awesome. and that my 75 modle 2 land rover or my 83 toyota hilux pickup prob were the best 4x4 stock I ever owned, but technology goes on and we buy new becuse old ges old, by the way neither had over 100 hp or did I run over 31 tires on either
Old 11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MountainMan:
One last word here
I would never show my lack of respect or education by lowering myself to profanity to prove a point,it only shows that one has run out of logical arguements and needs to revert to childish bullying to win, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lack of respect? That is to assume that you deserve some respect. You drudged up this year old idea that the H2 is not a capable vehicle. You, dumbass, are the one that started the disrespect.

Run out of logical arguments? Well, seeing as that was my first reply to your obviously ignorant postings, I have yet to began any type of argument. Frankly, I took the position of pointing out that you are a dumbass for posting some ignorant laced opinion about the H2's capabilities to people who have and do wheel their H2's quite often and are not novices when it comes to wheeling.

Logic should override your masochistic need to attempt to explain away all of the wheeling that many here have done in the H2's that completely discounts the lame idea you propose that H2's are not capable. Again, most who have any real knowledge of wheeling and the H2 have come to realize that it is indeed a capable vehicle and it is just stupid to argue otherwise.

It's obvious you are here to just troll or you wouldn't continue to make the overly-ignorant comments that the H2 is "basically a Tahoe."

If you would like to discuss this maturely, at least make an attempt at getting your facts straight. And to start, list everything that the H2 has in common with a Tahoe. It's quite easy to do, since there are not very many parts shared with the GM mid-size SUV platform.

So, instead of being a dumbass, get a little educated on the facts and then come back and try to discuss this subject like a man.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MountainMan:
One last word here
I would never show my lack of respect or education by lowering myself to profanity to prove a point,it only shows that one has run out of logical arguements and needs to revert to childish bullying to win, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lack of respect? That is to assume that you deserve some respect. You drudged up this year old idea that the H2 is not a capable vehicle. You, dumbass, are the one that started the disrespect.

Run out of logical arguments? Well, seeing as that was my first reply to your obviously ignorant postings, I have yet to began any type of argument. Frankly, I took the position of pointing out that you are a dumbass for posting some ignorant laced opinion about the H2's capabilities to people who have and do wheel their H2's quite often and are not novices when it comes to wheeling.

Logic should override your masochistic need to attempt to explain away all of the wheeling that many here have done in the H2's that completely discounts the lame idea you propose that H2's are not capable. Again, most who have any real knowledge of wheeling and the H2 have come to realize that it is indeed a capable vehicle and it is just stupid to argue otherwise.

It's obvious you are here to just troll or you wouldn't continue to make the overly-ignorant comments that the H2 is "basically a Tahoe."

If you would like to discuss this maturely, at least make an attempt at getting your facts straight. And to start, list everything that the H2 has in common with a Tahoe. It's quite easy to do, since there are not very many parts shared with the GM mid-size SUV platform.

So, instead of being a dumbass, get a little educated on the facts and then come back and try to discuss this subject like a man.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:57 PM

You, dumbass, you are a dumbass you are a dumbass three more times He calls me a dunbass
Old 11-24-2004, 05:57 PM

You, dumbass, you are a dumbass you are a dumbass three more times He calls me a dunbass
Old 11-24-2004, 08:21 PM

SOCRATES is off the scale

You, dumbass, you are a dumbass you are a dumbass three more times He calls me a dunbass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 11-24-2004, 08:21 PM

SOCRATES is off the scale

You, dumbass, you are a dumbass you are a dumbass three more times He calls me a dunbass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

MountainMan, I'm in SoCal. When you're in the mood, let's do John Bull Trail again. Except for solid undercarriage replacement (and beautiful BLINGS ), mine is stock. Don't even have the air suspension option. Post your invite here anytime.

Edit: Lest I sounded like a show-off-know-it-all, that wasn't my intention. I just thought perhaps you have not tried the STOCK H2 in the right trail to showcase its STOCK-abilities. I am a 4x4 beginner who LOVES JBT!! (The rushhhh last me weeks!! )
Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Hummer Authority

MountainMan, I'm in SoCal. When you're in the mood, let's do John Bull Trail again. Except for solid undercarriage replacement (and beautiful BLINGS ), mine is stock. Don't even have the air suspension option. Post your invite here anytime.

Edit: Lest I sounded like a show-off-know-it-all, that wasn't my intention. I just thought perhaps you have not tried the STOCK H2 in the right trail to showcase its STOCK-abilities. I am a 4x4 beginner who LOVES JBT!! (The rushhhh last me weeks!! )
Old 11-25-2004, 06:22 AM

The Bull is cool, ever been down Dishpansprings?
it has areas that make the Bull look mild.

this link has the waterfal on it but it does not show it at it's best

http://www.naturalimages.com/sot_ds_10-13-01.htm

we would need a group of 4 or more as you send 2 out to get help if anyone breaks down and you do not have parts.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:22 AM

The Bull is cool, ever been down Dishpansprings?
it has areas that make the Bull look mild.

this link has the waterfal on it but it does not show it at it's best

http://www.naturalimages.com/sot_ds_10-13-01.htm

we would need a group of 4 or more as you send 2 out to get help if anyone breaks down and you do not have parts.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Hummer Authority

DAMN! That looks super AWESOME!! Are you saying that all those rigs are STOCK? If any of them are stock, and survive the waterfall, than the next time you're going there, please PM me!! I'm definitely IN!! (SteveR, when you gonna organize a run there?? )

I have read others calling JBT "moderate" -- but they are rawk crawlers running highly modified rigs. Haven't heard that comment from any STOCK 4x4 driver (except H1 and some crazy English H2 drivers... ).

If you yourself have run "The Bull" in your STOCK H2, and you STILL consider it just a "5 out of 10" in off-road performance -- then wow! I am REALLY curious to ride in whatever STOCK rig you consider 6 or better...
Old 11-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Hummer Authority

DAMN! That looks super AWESOME!! Are you saying that all those rigs are STOCK? If any of them are stock, and survive the waterfall, than the next time you're going there, please PM me!! I'm definitely IN!! (SteveR, when you gonna organize a run there?? )

I have read others calling JBT "moderate" -- but they are rawk crawlers running highly modified rigs. Haven't heard that comment from any STOCK 4x4 driver (except H1 and some crazy English H2 drivers... ).

If you yourself have run "The Bull" in your STOCK H2, and you STILL consider it just a "5 out of 10" in off-road performance -- then wow! I am REALLY curious to ride in whatever STOCK rig you consider 6 or better...
Old 11-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

This past weekend I took the H2 up to the cabin and took a trail (near Lake Wenatchee) that I used to take my Land Rover. I took advantage of the TC2 and made use of the extra wheel spin I needed in some areas of mud/snow/slush. My Land Rover did not have this feature.

However, a feature of the Land Rover I really like is the “descent control” option. After crossing over a stream there is a hill and a sharp drop-off on the other end. During winter or in muddy conditions I’d turn on the descent control traction feature and the Rover would tread lightly down a slippery slope almost as if on cruise control. The weight of the H2 made a mad dash down the same hill and the ABS immediately engaged when the brake was depressed. The H2 never lost control but I felt more in control in the Rover going down that hill.

Also, I think the size of the H2 makes it difficult to pave new trails through the woods without a spotter. I felt like I could navigate through the back woods in my Rover with a little more confidence because of its narrow width.

However, the H2 dominates when it comes to sheer torque and I never felt like I was going to topple over as I did several times in my Rover. As for the Rubicons, I can’t comment since I’ve never been off road in one.

But if you want real perspective, ask a valet where he parks a H2 versus a Rubi…
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 11-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

This past weekend I took the H2 up to the cabin and took a trail (near Lake Wenatchee) that I used to take my Land Rover. I took advantage of the TC2 and made use of the extra wheel spin I needed in some areas of mud/snow/slush. My Land Rover did not have this feature.

However, a feature of the Land Rover I really like is the “descent control” option. After crossing over a stream there is a hill and a sharp drop-off on the other end. During winter or in muddy conditions I’d turn on the descent control traction feature and the Rover would tread lightly down a slippery slope almost as if on cruise control. The weight of the H2 made a mad dash down the same hill and the ABS immediately engaged when the brake was depressed. The H2 never lost control but I felt more in control in the Rover going down that hill.

Also, I think the size of the H2 makes it difficult to pave new trails through the woods without a spotter. I felt like I could navigate through the back woods in my Rover with a little more confidence because of its narrow width.

However, the H2 dominates when it comes to sheer torque and I never felt like I was going to topple over as I did several times in my Rover. As for the Rubicons, I can’t comment since I’ve never been off road in one.

But if you want real perspective, ask a valet where he parks a H2 versus a Rubi…
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, well, I had an H2 in '03 an H1 in '04 and now a Touareg.

The h2 was a cool vehicle, very capable, well designed out of the chute and the best stock vehicle for all around off-roading. The h2 is NOT a rock crawler but can easily do the John Bull Trail (I've watched it) without any mods. There is much needed improvement on quality as far as I'm concerned though. The rust underneath really pissed me off and the numerous rattles drove me nuts. There should have been more standard features for the money.

The h1 was a blast but sat in the shop too much. The H1 will go anywhere but often times is pretty dramatic about it. Definitely a point and go vehicle not afraid to hit side slopes, which concerned me in my h2. The h1 was however, in the shop all the time and I had an '03 model. I sold it when the rear locker stayed engaged and ruined my two rear tires. AMG would not cover it.

I love my touareg. It has GOOD off-road abilities and the quality is far better than my h2 ever had not to mention standard features you would only find in a lexus or more expensive vehicle. My next vehicle will be a jeep rescue if they produce it.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The h2 was a cool vehicle, very capable, well designed out of the chute and the best stock vehicle for all around off-roading. The h2 is NOT a rock crawler but can easily do the John Bull Trail (I've watched it) without any mods. There is much needed improvement on quality as far as I'm concerned though. The rust underneath really pissed me off and the numerous rattles drove me nuts. There should have been more standard features for the money.

The h1 was a blast but sat in the shop too much. The H1 will go anywhere but often times is pretty dramatic about it. Definitely a point and go vehicle not afraid to hit side slopes, which concerned me in my h2. The h1 was however, in the shop all the time and I had an '03 model. I sold it when the rear locker stayed engaged and ruined my two rear tires. AMG would not cover it.

I love my touareg. It has GOOD off-road abilities and the quality is far better than my h2 ever had not to mention standard features you would only find in a lexus or more expensive vehicle. My next vehicle will be a jeep rescue if they produce it.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:

My next vehicle will be a jeep rescue if they produce it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, Buck, you're just going down hill in a hurry, aren't you?