H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Elcova Newbie

riverbend7 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help Tirers Very new to this site

Hi I just purchased my first Hummer around Mardi Gra. Im looking to get new rims and tires with out lifting, leveling or cranking the torsion bar, I wanted to find out what rims and tires I could get that wouldn't rub or need any lifting. I found some rims I really like (Motometal MO951 16" or 17" rims)

I also been searching for some tires.I came across Super Swamper Trxus STS all terrain Raidial (33/12.5/50r-16lt and some Nito Mud Grappler 33x12.50R17LTE120Q or 35X12.50R17LTE125P or LT315/75R16E127/124P or LT395/70R16e124/121P. Could I put any of these r tirers on with the 17" or 16" rims with out any rubbing or do I have to get it lifted or leveled. If so what Rims and tires would you recommend.

Thanks
Riverbend7
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Elcova Newbie

Default Re: Need Help Tirers Very new to this site

Hi I just purchased my first Hummer around Mardi Gra. Im looking to get new rims and tires with out lifting, leveling or cranking the torsion bar, I wanted to find out what rims and tires I could get that wouldn't rub or need any lifting. I found some rims I really like (Motometal MO951 16" or 17" rims)

I also been searching for some tires.I came across Super Swamper Trxus STS all terrain Raidial (33/12.5/50r-16lt and some Nito Mud Grappler 33x12.50R17LTE120Q or 35X12.50R17LTE125P or LT315/75R16E127/124P or LT395/70R16e124/121P. Could I put any of these r tirers on with the 17" or 16" rims with out any rubbing or do I have to get it lifted or leveled. If so what Rims and tires would you recommend.

Thanks
Riverbend7
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Any of those tire/wheel combos will fit as long as they are less than 35 inches tall.

However I would not go with any of the tires that you are looking at. I would look into the Cooper STT's or Toyo Opencountry M/T or well.... anything but the Nitto and the Super Swamper All terrain You really can get a whole lot better tire for the money than those.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Elcova Newbie

Thanks for the reply, will the 35x12.50R17LT125QE/10 Toyo on at Motometal MO951 17' Rim work with out lifting, leveling ,or crank the Torsion. If you tell me im good and I can do it with know rubbing im going get them put on.

Thanks
riverbend7
Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

If you look at the top of the screen there is a line with blue text. The search link if you click and enter tires will display a host of threads on tires. Take some time to look thru it...

You will find what you are looking for and have better data.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

These wheels are the reason I waited so long for them. The wheel sits close to stock. These 35 12.50 17 tires can be turned at full lock (even while aired down) without hitting any part of the truck...even when flexed, but I did level out the front end. I can only kiss the top front of the rear wheel well...but that was barely and while bouncing when flexing the truck. If you go with a 33" tire you'll be good to go. If you go 35" tire with these rims, you will rub.

Wheel specs:
manufact. KMC XD
model # XD798 Matte black Addict
17 x 9 wheel
+ 18 offset
5.71 back space

Tire specs:

Manufact. Procomp Extreme MT
size 35 12.50 17

In all honesty, this wheel/tire package rides better/smoother than the stock 33's or the bfg at 35" I had on. I run the tires at 36psi. to 39psi for every day driving. I aired down to 14spi when wheeling without the bead coming off on the slick rock trails. I think I could have gone to 12 but didn't wnat to push it.

The same specs are avail in an 18 x 9 and 20 x 9 for those looking to go bigger. There are no 16" rims available in this wheel.
Also, the rim is available in different "colors" all black, or black with a machined face. you can also pull those silver bolt looking things out if you prefer not to have them/ or damage them..
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

btw- the Moto's you're looking at will stick out past your fenders 3"or4" over stock.

Here's another wheel that would work:

same specs as mine:
HE7917961318 17x9 18 5.71 6x139.7 (6X5.5)
http://www.wheelpros.com/browse.asp?...ted&section=HE
or chrome
http://www.wheelpros.com/browse.asp?...ome&section=HE

Wheel Pros has a good selection of wheels now. you buy through 4 Wheel Parts....at least that's where I buy most of my parts from.
http://www.wheelpros.com/index.asp

The key to having the wheels fit, not stick out too far (unless you like that look) are to go with the specs and stay with a 8" or 9" wide wheel. Most of the 16" aftermarket rims will not clear the calipers on the front of the H3. ...another reason I went to 17".

Your only other option, sinc eyou don;t want to level the truck out, just go with a 315 size tire on teh stock rim. Than you will get only slight rubing at full lock on your swaybars. no big deal on that either.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Elcova Newbie

Tim
You the man, thats a fine Truck.

Thanks You for the Advice

Riverbend7