H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

citiboy is on a distinguished road
Talking 2008 H2 on 38" Open Country MT with Rockstar

Hey guys, just want to share some stuff that i did to my truck....still to do some fine tuning to get rid of a slight rubbing on the frame while on full turn

Stock 35"

38" tires installed

Tires, rims and wide off-road fender flares installed. Cranked the TB 1.5", i will replaced them with the GM green keys to get the full 2" lift and install 1.5" rear spacer. Rides a little noiser compare to the stock BFG's but hey, not bad for MT tires. Ordered the front Cognito UCA, steering support bracket and 4 longer Bilstein shocks.

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks & steering stab. Moog inner/outer TR, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger roof rack. DDM Tuning 55W HID Hi/Lo headlights. Hella fogs. Evans waterless coolant.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2008 H2 on 38" Open Country MT with Rockstar

wow thaat exactly the look i would like for my truck.
at least for now
(well and minus the rockstars)

where did you get the fender flares and does your truck sit level?
Do you have air ride still in the back?

Oh btw, what is your ground to top of roof rack measurement?
I hope to hear good numbers since i actually have a clearance issue I will have to deal with
it is nice to have someone already doing this so I could find out and not end up making a very bad and costly mistake
Thanks for the info

Last edited by jsbihn : 06-24-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
wow thaat exactly the look i would like for my truck.
at least for now
(well and minus the rockstars)

where did you get the fender flares and does your truck sit level?
Do you have air ride still in the back?

Oh btw, what is your ground to top of roof rack measurement?
I hope to hear good numbers since i actually have a clearance issue I will have to deal with
it is nice to have someone already doing this so I could find out and not end up making a very bad and costly mistake
Thanks for the info

I got the fender flares from Hummer Parts Club, i found that they have the lowest price. My truck sits pretty much level...i took the measurements from the ground to the lower lip of the fender flares....front: 43.5" rear: 44". I just installed 1.5" rear coil spring spacer. No air suspension. Planning to install gm green keys in few days.

Ok, it measured 7'1" from the ground to the top of the rear crossbars since the rear of my truck sits 1/2" higher than the front.

Hope this helps!

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks & steering stab. Moog inner/outer TR, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger roof rack. DDM Tuning 55W HID Hi/Lo headlights. Hella fogs. Evans waterless coolant.

Last edited by citiboy : 06-24-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

When you measure the height of your truck, use that crease that runs down the doors for your measurements...each end of the crease. I realize the crease is not toward the ends of the vehicle, but the fenders are cut differently front to rear. They are not the same height from the ground, even if your truck was sitting on its frame with no wheels, tires, suspension, etc.

Truck looks great, btw!
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by citiboy
Hey guys, just want to share some stuff that i did to my truck....still to do some fine tuning to get rid of a slight rubbing on the frame while on full turn
LOOKS GREAT! And that is a MONSTER winch...at first I thought you had a mini fridge attached to the front. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
When you measure the height of your truck, use that crease that runs down the doors for your measurements...each end of the crease. I realize the crease is not toward the ends of the vehicle, but the fenders are cut differently front to rear. They are not the same height from the ground, even if your truck was sitting on its frame with no wheels, tires, suspension, etc.

Truck looks great, btw!
I always measure to the rock rails to determine if it's level...I guess it's six in one, half a dozen in the other...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

I know this is a dumb question as I have read it several times before, but
- What is the part number for the green keys
- Can you install them on something that is already lifted, is it hard to do?

I ask because I have been needing just the slightest lift in the front and I keep reading about the green keys. I am assuming that they are the keys that you torque up on the torsion suspension in the front, am I right?

Anyway, if someone can shoot me part numbers in a PM and let me know if you have any pics or how hard it is to change them out, I would like to do this too.

Thanks in advance for the info which I am sure has been mentioned in this forum a million times already, lol.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
I know this is a dumb question as I have read it several times before, but
- What is the part number for the green keys
- Can you install them on something that is already lifted, is it hard to do?

I ask because I have been needing just the slightest lift in the front and I keep reading about the green keys. I am assuming that they are the keys that you torque up on the torsion suspension in the front, am I right?

Anyway, if someone can shoot me part numbers in a PM and let me know if you have any pics or how hard it is to change them out, I would like to do this too.

Thanks in advance for the info which I am sure has been mentioned in this forum a million times already, lol.

GM P/N 15592573 this is the stock keys for the 1500 trucks. I haven't install mine yet but it's pretty straight forward...you need a torsion bar tool to remove the keys and need to jack-up the front to remove the pressure from the torsion bar.....use extreme caution on this type of job....google is your friend for instructions on how to remove the keys.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by citiboy
GM P/N 15592573 this is the stock keys for the 1500 trucks. I haven't install mine yet but it's pretty straight forward...you need a torsion bar tool to remove the keys and need to jack-up the front to remove the pressure from the torsion bar.....use extreme caution on this type of job....google is your friend for instructions on how to remove the keys.

Hope this helps!
I had a buddy put mine on a lift in his shop to swap the keys...it was a real pain getting the bars out. He had to heat them up with a torch to break them free from the stock keys.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Hummer Novice

Crush'em is on a distinguished road

What size wheels are they? Do you know the offset or backspace?
37"x13.5"x20" Toyo Open Country MT's, 20x10 Method Racing 301's, Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks, Truxx Level kit, color matched grill, (Almost) all chrome removed, Removeable U-steps, Factory All weather mats, Gobi flip-up front plate, Factory brush guard
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush'em
What size wheels are they? Do you know the offset or backspace?

Wheels: 18x9
Bolt pattern: 8x6.5
Offset: 0
Backspace: 4.75

Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Test of my MT tires and suspensions. I'm surprised how good these tires performed, it was night and day plus i don't have any rubbing issues at all......well, except on full turn.

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/aoBbP91GTXw

http://youtu.be/Slr4U_N_VJM

Sorry for the crappy iphone video.

Some vids before the big change

http://youtu.be/HHPamkrWbiY

Slippin' and slidin'

http://youtu.be/g6YTZYyigAs

Last edited by citiboy : 07-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

wow, those 38's fill the wheel well up nicely....

im starting to shop for new tires, and have been thinking of the Toyo's MT.
currently running 37 BFG MT, and have a spare i never used... but i like the idea of throwing 38's under there without a lift ( other than keys)

btw.. good thing you have your tires chaulked in the first pic.. glad to see safety being used!
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 07-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

Are those tires the 38x13.50 or the 38x15.50? The truck looks great! My 37x13.50 Toyo MT's have another year or so left and I've been considering going larger too.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
wow, those 38's fill the wheel well up nicely....

im starting to shop for new tires, and have been thinking of the Toyo's MT.
currently running 37 BFG MT, and have a spare i never used... but i like the idea of throwing 38's under there without a lift ( other than keys)

btw.. good thing you have your tires chaulked in the first pic.. glad to see safety being used!

i'm startin' to like these Toyo MT's....they're awesome in the mud...well, compare to the stock BFG's. I think 38's are the biggest size that we could fit on the H2 without the lift, only gm green keys and 1.5" rear spacer. I'm never fan of a lift...it lowers the crossmember and the torsion bar which is prone to rock damages and of course the center of gravity. For me, functionality first and then the looks.

I'm a master tech at honda (don't ask why i'm drivin' this awesome rig ) always safety first .

Last edited by citiboy : 07-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
Are those tires the 38x13.50 or the 38x15.50? The truck looks great! My 37x13.50 Toyo MT's have another year or so left and I've been considering going larger too.

They are 38x13.50x18....i was goin' to install the 37x13.50x17 but got a killer deal on the 38's with the rockstar. Plus the 0 offset of the rockstar are great for off-road and for the wheel bearings as well. Minor rubbing on full turn...but, i don't drive on full turn everytime

Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

vetteSUT is on a distinguished road

Quick question... Did you regear? What mileage drop did you see??
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

scottminor is on a distinguished road

Just got new KM2s 37 12.5 17s stock suspension, no torsion bar adjustment.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteSUT
Quick question... Did you regear? What mileage drop did you see??

Not yet, still on the to do list. 2-3mpg drop from this set-up. Hoping to gain it back with the re-gear.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

you should gain some MPG back... not sure if you will get the full 3 mpg though...

on 37's.. i regeared to 4.88's.
prior on 4.10 gears i was getting 8.8mpg
after the regear i get a even 10.0 maybe 10.1 soon.....

i do about 20 miles every day HW driving. maybe about another 20 miles city streets driving.

also, when i drive on the HW, im normally going about 70ish to 80ish.

when i have driven long distance on the HW ( 60+ miles) the avg MPG stays around 11mpg at 70ish mph
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Citiboy: You still getting rub at full lock? Or were you able to tweak that out? We've got a very similar setup with Cognito, keys, spacers, etc.

I'm on BFG MTs 37x12.5s now, but am think about the Toyos 38x13.5 for my next set. I'm still trying to get a feel for tread life though...I hear mixed things; some say BFG MTs last longer some say Toyos...