H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

Here's the article I was promising from another thread that details quite nicely our options for forced induction.

Scanned from the pages of Ultimate Hummers Fall 2005 edition

Old 11-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

Here's the article I was promising from another thread that details quite nicely our options for forced induction.

Scanned from the pages of Ultimate Hummers Fall 2005 edition

Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Although it is plenty informative, I would have more enjoyed a back to back stock kit testing with real world numbers and dyno results.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Good info, thanks! Supercharger is in my future once I get some miles on the H2 and enough cash saved up.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Well, I can't speak about turbos, but I do have a good deal of experience with GM trucks and blowers. We currently sell and install Magnusun units and have one on our demo H2--it runs like mad!! No problems and very easy to install and to maintain. We tried some Vortech units a few years back and, although they did produce nice power, I found that we were constantly adjusting them especially their fmu's. One of my local competitors sells whipple and he told me that they had a tendency to seize up and fail completely. I am sure that was just some isolated instances, but he said it happened on more than a few. Further, I had read a bulletin about the Whip causing lean engine failures due to their aux fuel injector design. I don;t know if they have changed that design or not, but you would surely have to conclude that spraying extra fuel into the intake is less efficient than simply putting more pressure to larger injectors as Magnusun does. It is so nice to simply take off the old manifold and drop the new unit (blower, intake, fuel rails, and larger injectors) into place and simply bolt it down. Then you put in the beefier feul pump and the job is done. Not that easy with most others. I am not sure, but I believe that Magnusun is the only one that offers (for a fee of course) an extended 3/36 warranty for the power train.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

This may be a stupid question, but since I have not read the answer anywhere, I think the answer is yes, but wanted to ask.

When adding a supercharger of any type, does the fuel octane rating have to increase? Meaning, you cannot run regular unleaded in your H2 after installing a supercharger??? Also, if the answer is 'yes you must run higher octane' then what is the recommended octane level for a supercharged H2?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

OK... I have done some additional research and found some answers.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Need to run higher octane such as Super Unleaded 91 octane etc..
<LI>Also, Magnagcharger has comitted to some dealers that they will honor the warranty if the engine has headers, air intake etc... if the charger/aftermarket parts are dealer installed.[/list]
Thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Any idea on how much power the magnacharger put out on stock engine?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:56 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Supercharger was less than $5000 from online vendor

Installation was about $1000 at Hummersgonewild

Stupid **it eating grin... free!

I love mine.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
Any idea on how much power the magnacharger put out on stock engine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Sportsdude..

Based on the Magnacharger website you should see:

Torque and horsepower increases are improved 63%-125% from 2,700 rpm to 5,500 rpm... Makes 5-6 psi of boost for an additional 130 RWHP (155 Flywheel HP)...

Im have a Magnacharger on order... I can't wait to 'Feel the Power'!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
Any idea on how much power the magnacharger put out on stock engine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't speak for the H2 but my Corvette has a Maggie on it. Non intercooled, it puts out roughly 90-100 RWHP. The intercooled version puts out 120-130RWHP.

I purposely didn't buy the intercooled one because I have alcohol injection.

Nonetheless, the reason for the Maggie is because it is EXTREMELY dependable and easy to install. Other than pinning the crank, it's a no-brainer. It comes with a program to upload into your PCM but generally it's a "safe" program... meaning, a little tweaking on a dyno and you could pull out another 10-20 RWHP.

I'm probably going to be selling my vette soon, if I do, the first thing I'm buying is another Maggie for the H2.

Mark
Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When adding a supercharger of any type, does the fuel octane rating have to increase? Meaning, you cannot run regular unleaded in your H2 after installing a supercharger??? Also, if the answer is 'yes you must run higher octane' then what is the recommended octane level for a supercharged H2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, on the H2, we had Magnusun and Allen Nelson make a tune for 87 octane fuel and it acutally runs good--and even with 8.5 lbs of boost. I have a 91 octane tune that I may use if gas comes back down to reality, but I am interested to see the power difference between the 2 which I suspect is rather small. The main reason to run the 91 or higher is to try and avoid detonation.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Hummer Guru

Kodiak,

How are you running 8.5lbs of boost on a Maggie? I'm assuming it's intercooled but that seems like a lot of boost. Have you had the truck dynoed with the 91 tune? Or the 87 tune for that matter?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 11-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Haven't dynoed yet, but with the tune and a 2.9" pulley that is the boost I max out at. Very surprisingly, I have no detonation especially at elevation running crappy 87 octane fuel. I have yet to run the 91 tune mostly just due to lack of time! Still trying to get everything else installed. We did do headers and a straight through exhaust (no mid muffler) so it flows very nice indeed!!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hey Kodiakz

How would I go about finding Allen Nelson?? I would prefer to be able to run the 87 octane (for the $$ reason). Any help/direction you can give me will be great! Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Allen is a really good guy. He will absolutely go out of his way to take care of you. If you do not want to buy software or a programmer, he will send you a new pcm that you can swap in easily. You can reach him @ nelsonperformance dot com. You might just want to keep your pcm and have him send you a new one just in case the dealer reflashes the new one and you need a retune.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Just a helpful correction.

Nelson Performance, LLC
25136 Rawhide
San Antonio, TX 78264
PHONE: (210) 626-0278

E-mail us: info@nelsonperformance.com

Kodiak accidently forgot the "info" part of the email address.

Mark
Old 11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

oops Sorry!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Hummer Guru

It's cool. Just trying to help. I sent them an email myself.

Mark
Old 11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I pull that kind of boost, but I did encounter some detonation on the way home from Moab going through some of the passes. I run premium.

You've probably seen it before, but here's a link to my 0-60 before I had it retuned. BTW, I'm going to have it tuned again now that my warranty is out with LPE.