H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I wonder how that group buy on the H2fanatic forum is doing?

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 01-23-2004, 12:51 PM

SOCRATES is off the scale

I should know later today, as everyone is interested in knowing (including myself).

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Mod-free for now, but not long!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:08 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I do not care what you can get one for. Just passing on the info gotten from Corsa. Didn't intend to get your panty's in a bunch.

Your statement confuses me. On one hand you state that being in business you want to buy as low as possible and sell for as much as you can and while keeping customer loyalty. In todays internet society I personally do not believe that customer loyalty is truely alive. Where as in the retil store front there still is some. Just look at the string of people same products that some must have at the lowest price they can find. Loyalty?

A a retailer we want to make a reasonable profit margin. When a product gets whored out ( Very low profit margin, as in the case of the Corsa deal, less then 10% markup) a retailer will look for a higher profit margined product of equal quality. Example for the most part Corsa, Borla and others are fairly equal in the public perception of quality. So if as a retailer I can only sell Corsa at a 10% markup to compete with the whores , where as I can sell another brand for a 40% mark up. Which do you think a dealer will market.. Less dealers stocking them, less the mfg. will sell.

Perhaps you next argument will be the "Walmart " mentality, the less I mark up the product the more I will sell and the more I will make. Unfortunately this is not always the case. A retailer will make more profit $$ selling one unit at 40% markup then 5-7 units at a 10% markup..Why Overhead: payroll, inventory cost of lower priced units, storage, taxes, inventory $$ sitting around. It costs the retailer more payroll $$ to handle 6-7 transactions then 1, they have more inventory $$ sitting around if they need to sell 5-7 units to equal the profit of the one other.

So if retailers shy away from the lower profit product lines, then the only stocking dealers for the mfg will be the price whores. Price whores in any industry are generaly short lived and go out of business. Yes some will survive. However a mfg. can not survive if their distribution base is to narrow. This leaves the distributors dictating to the mfg. Such as anumber of mfg who deal with Walmart found out the hard way. This is one of the reasons Corsa does not want their product line whored out. They want their dealers to push their product rather than the competitors.

I'm all for captiolism, Hell I'm a retailer in the firearms business and more recently expanding into the Truck/SUV accessory business.

The firearms business has been one of the most whored up industries for years. This was allowed to happen by the major mfg and distributors. Only recently has the industry attempted to change it. Most of the Distributors and dealers who had the give it away mentality are no longer in business
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
What do you care if we can get a good price on the Corsa exhaust? By paying hundreds more what are you proving? Sounds stupid to me. Your argument about the product not being stocked as much and the company goes away is about the dumbest thing I have heard. If anything they would sell more units. Lower the price and sell less units?
I would imagine that Corsa wishes to keep a broad distribution system for a product that is thought of as one of the highest quality products on the market. Rather then as one of the least expensive.

Again, I do not give a rats ass what you buy things for. was just passing on some the info I was given.

Ps Sorry for the spelling an drun on sentences.. I have a tendency to type the way I speak.

Mike
www.popguns.com

A

I'm in business and the name of the game is buying something for as little as you possibly can and selling your product for as much as you can. The balance is to do it and still maintain customer loyalty and satisfaction. What you are seeing is capitalism in action. The very thing that makes us (Americans) unique and what enables us to purchase things like H2's. Thank God for Republicans.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

You had me at hello...you had me at hello.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Whoah! Did I hit a sore spot? Let's just leave it at mind your own business for both of us. Hopefully I can get my Corsa Exhaust for less. That is all I want and hopefully more people will jump on board and we will meet the 12 required. I work hard for my money and I guess unlike others I can't afford to spend more for something when I get nothing in return.

Take care

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 01-24-2004, 03:18 PM

NO sore spot here.. Very reasonable attitude. Nice that we can both state our opinion and move on to other things.. I ordered the sport with the dual round tips... Kept going back and forth between those and the offroad.. Still not sure I did the right thing or not. Oh well .

Mike
Old 01-24-2004, 06:09 PM

Mike,

I think you'll find the Sport exhaust to be quite "pronounced" regarding the sound. This is why I went with the Sport as well (no wimpy exhaust notes here) -- can't wait to get it!

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Mod-free for now, but not long!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:32 PM

Yep always had my mind set on the "sport" I just couldn't decide on the tip.. SO with the bit of billet I have on the way for the H2, decided what the hell and get the 2 round tips.
Not sure if most can justify the extra expense for them. I know if I was as involved with off roading as a few on this site , I sure would not go with anything but the offroad configuration..

Now just a matter of waiting for the stuff to show up. Realwheels said they would try to ship them out Fri.

Mike
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

HHummer is off the scale

Don't forget that you can inexpensively order the offroad extension to temporarily replace your tips while offroading. Should be easier than removing the steps.

[This message was edited by HHummer on 01-24-04 at 06:21 PM.]
Old 01-26-2004, 02:32 PM

We still need 8 more people..

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Corsa on the way!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:24 PM
\"Doc\"-sqrd \

\

Hi compadres,

I am baffled (pardon the pun) by the myriad of exhaust systems for the H2, but have yet to see an objective performance comparison that would make me "jump" for one system over the others. Is their a review of exhaust systems that I should refer to in order to narrow down the field? Why the "excitement" over the Corsa system? Or, are there complaints about any of the other systems?

Thanks for your sage advice!!

\"Doc\"-sqrd

\'03 Red, red grill, Gobi rack/spare tire/ladder, black chrome stuff, Warn 9500ti multimount frt/rr, Pioneer NAV system, Gobi frt/rr lights, brush guard lights, Xenarc HIDs, black chrome wheels waiting for 37\" tires.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Do not buy an exhaust for the performance boost because you will not feel 10HP at 5500 RPM. Trust me. But it for the sound. The Corsa is the best for me because at hiway speeds it does not drone like many aftermarket systems do. The fit and finish is also first rate. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 01-27-2004, 01:29 PM

I have to agree.. I have bought into all the aftermarket performance add ons for my trucks. Other then the Supercharger, I not sure if I got measureable performance increase or if it is all in my head. But I just keep buying into it.. I have the Airraid filter system, Hypertech III on my H2 , I think I'm getting more peformance out of the hypertech or simply could just be the different shift points I programed in that is leaving me with this impression..

I agree with 89 vette, it's all about the sound with the exhausts.. Corsa sport is on the way.. if realwheel ever gets the order out. They are behind due to demand of their billet items.

Mike
Old 01-27-2004, 02:03 PM
\"Doc\"-sqrd \

\

Hello 89vette and Centerfire,

Thanks for your insights...sort of what I expected. I don't wnat to throw "cold water" on everyone's Corsa deal though! A good sounding exhaust system may be reason enough for many (I used to have a '65 fuelie vette with OEM side exhausts...what a sound!!).

"Doc"-sqrd

\"Doc\"-sqrd

\'03 Red, red grill, Gobi rack/spare tire/ladder, black chrome stuff, Warn 9500ti multimount frt/rr, Pioneer NAV system, Gobi frt/rr lights, brush guard lights, Xenarc HIDs, black chrome wheels waiting for 37\" tires.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need a reason to buy a new exhaust you can always go with:

"It's stainless steel, Honey. Might as well replace that old rusted one we have before it gets worse and falls off the truck."

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 01-27-2004, 05:51 PM

I know in the 1st years of marriage I had to justify toys.. Now after 32 yrs.. I don't.. I will tell my wife what I got and she shes you do know you don't need that. I tell her yep, but I wanted it. She will say " Just as long as you know you don't need it"

Mike
Old 01-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

I've been married for 1.5 years, so I'll have to go with the line: "it's part of the SPORT package that we wanted".
Old 01-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I have bought so much crap for my Corvette it is sickning. I used to say I bought this part, used if for a while and them sold it on E-Bay for more money. Then I used the extra cash to buy this new shiny thing! After 13 years though it does not matter anymore.

Jason

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 01-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

When I won the Gobi Ladder I also bought the Stealth rack. The girl heard that and asked "How much and why?"

I answered "The truck will fit in the new garage with the rack on it and the ladder retails for...blah...blah...blah...Hey this guy won...blah...blah...Take a look at this picture. See this thing..."

I just bored the poor girl to tears and bam! no more questions.

Just thought of another reason to get the exhaust: "See Baby, I knew you wouldn't hear the air compressor anymore."

Black Lingenfelter Lux

[This message was edited by KenP on 01-27-04 at 03:00 PM.]
Old 01-27-2004, 09:30 PM

Ken,

What is the size of your garage? I wanted to get the Stealth rack as well, but I just don't think it will fit. I have a normal-sized 7 foot garage by the way.

Thanks,
-Justyn

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Corsa on the way!