H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The 2 red tops are not the same battery type as the yellow tops. The side posts are more outboard and they don't appear to have top posts.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

You may well need to fab them yourself, but the photos came from this forum. I'll see if I can find the threads for you.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

That wasn't very funny. You should not take advantage of the mentally challenged like that.

The first post of mine in the first link is still accurate but the list has been added to. I now have an air compressor and 5 gallon stainless steel tank, horns, stuff to make a "gear drawer" for the back, cameras, etc. All sitting in my shop to be added to the truck. If I could ever get past this illness I could get some of this stuff done. I am still working on installing the controller for my Rancho shocks that was added about a month or so ago.

I just tried to contact Tomken again to see if their tray will work. I am just not up to fabbing something like this these days.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

I'm just guessing here, but I would think that you could get a thin (1/8" or less) plate from a welder and drill it for long bolts and a header bar or 2 fairly easily. Are you really ill or are you suffering from CRS* disease, like myself.

*(Can't Remember Sh*t)
Old 05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

Both
Old 05-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Banned

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you are not well. If I may ask specifics, please post or PM your situation. If not, that's fine. I don't mean to pry, just curious.

All my best,
Old 05-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

My bettery recently went dead. I couldn't believe it. I had to get a friend to jump it to start. At the dealership, for a check engine light one week later, the tech just looked at the window on top and said, "looks okay now." From what I remember a good battery will read 13.4V (or so). A battery that needs replacing will measure 11.8V.( or so)
Never heard of an Optima Yellow Top before.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Never mix battery types, stay red-red, yellow-yellow. They have different characteristics between them and will work against each other in chemistry ways. Got this from an Optima dealer.

Also, getting back to the post topic, ACDelco has for a LOOOONG time had a problem with leaking batteries at the positive terminal and it is WELL documented. If the vehicle is under GM or GMPP warranty, all subsequent damage from the leaking battery should be repaired either no charge or with the extended warranty deductible. Press the issue with the service manager, tell him/her that you KNOW their batteries have this issue and that you know that THEY know. I can't recount how many batteries, cables, and starters our dealership has replaced because of this issue.

The problem with the ACDelco batteries are that the engineers had the post retaineg plate inside the battery changed to a PLASTIC part, which will break and leak upon overtightening. Since the standard for tightening a battery bolt is S-N-U-G, this will crack or break the PLASTIC retainer.

Feed this to the service manager and he will cower at your intimate knowledge resulting in capitulation to you.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
My bettery recently went dead. I couldn't believe it. I had to get a friend to jump it to start. At the dealership, for a check engine light one week later, the tech just looked at the window on top and said, "looks okay now." From what I remember a good battery will read 13.4V (or so). A battery that needs replacing will measure 11.8V.( or so)
Never heard of an Optima Yellow Top before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That tech should be fired for incompetence. Just because the "eye" shows green (they don't anymore, ACDelco took it out it was so misleading) doesn't mean the battery would pass a load test. The proper procedure would be a Midtronics battery tester sequence. Insist upon a load test and ask to see the results, it comes as a printout showing the various readings under load.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:

That tech should be fired for incompetence. Just because the "eye" shows green (they don't anymore, ACDelco took it out it was so misleading) doesn't mean the battery would pass a load test. The proper procedure would be a Midtronics battery tester sequence. Insist upon a load test and ask to see the results, it comes as a printout showing the various readings under load.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you! I had gone in for a different problem and didn't want to get into it at that point, but you have some great advice, and I will use it. I will actually take it to my tire guy for the load test, then return to the dealership to see what they say. Our dealership is new, but the tech is not. He's young, and I hope he can get better over time, not stuck in the "bring it back mentality." Hopefully a new manager will help, too.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
Never mix battery types, stay red-red, yellow-yellow. They have different characteristics between them and will work against each other in chemistry ways. Got this from an Optima dealer...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, used with an isolator, you can mix battery types. Even mix standard batteries with the Optimas. You'll also hear battery people say you have to put new batteries in at the same time because an old battery will make a newer one fail more quickly.

But this is all true if you hook them in parallel, not using a battery isolator that separates the batteries. The isolator setup is the key.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2-USA is an unknown quantity at this point

Another Leaking Battery at the Positive Terminal
Tally Up another one (2003 H2). I noticed something leaking in the drivers side wheel well, under the battery area, and also dripping on the sway bar. After opening the hood I found a puddle in the battery tray. I removed the battery to find a buddle of white ooze, where the battery acid had been digesting the 4 tray bolts, as well as the paint under the plastic tray.
SCREW battling with the dealership. I headed out and purchased an Optima Yellow top and after a bit of cleanup,the installation was complete and almost forgotten about ..... except for the $160 price tag.
If you haven't checked your original battery yet, here's your wake up call to take alook.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had them run the battery load test at the dealership, because my poor car will be there for a few days. The battery was low and they are replacing it. I wonder if running my off road lights for a few miles finished it off.
They require 35A and I'm not sure about the electrical system of the H2. What is Current output of the stock alternator? I would think that running at 1500 RPM it would provide enough charge for a few miles.
Anyway, thanks for the tips.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

PARAGON I just found recently an all aluminum battery box and We are checking the demension in the batt factory location to see if it will fit. It is a dual battery box with all thread bolts to hold top on and hold the box on where the factory tray is after it is removed. I'll let You know when We get it measured out. Probably Thursday.
PARAGON I called shop and asked them to measure box and see if it fits factory location. It is built for 2 Optima batteries. I would think it will fit in factory location.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Expert

I had them run the battery load test at the dealership, because my poor car will be there for a few days. The battery was low and they are replacing it. I wonder if running my off road lights for a few miles finished it off.
They require 35A and I'm not sure about the electrical system of the H2. What is Current output of the stock alternator? I would think that running at 1500 RPM it would provide enough charge for a few miles.
Anyway, thanks for the tips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stock alternator is 145 amps at 2000rpm, more than enough to run your lamps.

Dave
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Is there a manual or something I can get that tells me all this?
I was just wondering about the catyletic converters and if they're hi-flow. Now I'm wondering about the alternator.
Does the Service Manual have these specs in it, and where do I find one?
Thanks again for the info!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
PARAGON I just found recently an all aluminum battery box and We are checking the demension in the batt factory location to see if it will fit. It is a dual battery box with all thread bolts to hold top on and hold the box on where the factory tray is after it is removed. I'll let You know when We get it measured out. Probably Thursday.
PARAGON I called shop and asked them to measure box and see if it fits factory location. It is built for 2 Optima batteries. I would think it will fit in factory location.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let me know if it works. Would get me going in that direction if you found one that worked.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
aluminum battery box... dual battery box with all thread bolts to hold top on and hold the box on where the factory tray is after it is removed. I'll let You know when We get it measured out. Probably Thursday... It is built for 2 Optima batteries. I would think it will fit in factory location.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, TAZ, WTF am I, Kosher chopped liver? Could you please let me know about this too? Don't make me beg! My knees don't look good bloodied!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned

Get what info you can, pictures dimensions etc.