H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10,000 Mile Review

On yet another of my road trips to Harrisburg my H3 has turned over 10,000 miles so I figured I woudl do a quick review.

Style: I still love the in your face style of the H3. On the Pa turnpike i heard a off handed compliment which i shall quote "that H3 just flaunts the fact unnecessarily tough, non areodynamic, unsafe to all the other drivers" He was green (political party not envy) and I exxplained I happily pay for my 20 mpg over his 35 in order to survive a crash.

Performance: I have done some serious trail riding that I have only done once before (in my ScoutII). It handled the trails with no effort and towed out the two full size lifted Fords. It is equally comfortable cruising the turnpike at 75-80 mpg averaging slightly over 18 MPG for the 250 mile trip. Having been driven al over Iraq last year in a M1114, the acceleration seems fine for an all wheel drive SUV, could be better but I will not dwell upon it.

Comfort: The a/c cranks and even on the 90 degree days keeps my family cool, the fan is loud though. rear vents would be high on my refinements. The stereo kicks ass, the best stock unit I ever owned. The 6 disk player works flawlessly so far. The XM is great in central PA where all that is on FM is the Country, Blue-Grass Jazz Gospel channel. I am not convinced it is worth $10 a month but I will keep it for another year at least. Seats still give me back pain during long trips which I contribute to the low seat possition, I wish I had gone with the power seats. The kids love the rear seats (center seat sucks though) but the headrest dvd players lets each listen to their dvds while I have the radio and for the long trips my kids and their friend say the dvd players with the stereo sounds like the movies surround sound system.

Maintenance: Only two real issues so far, the encoder motor which the dealer initially misdiagnosised (but F stop had right) and a hood misaligned causing wind noise. Both were fixed and the dealer provided a free rentral. Free rental= customer service. Only compliments about the dealer so far (Wright in Wexford). HUMMER has convinced me GM might have resolved their dealer issues, esp their crooked repair shops.

I have been "resting " the HUMMER (10,000 miles in 5 month) with the nice weather I have my Triumph TR8 out. Would recommend a H3 to anyone looking.

Just my two cents worth but this site is a great source of information and excursions. The Scout guys have several clubs which helped as do the Triumph guys but they are all clubs with membership dues.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 10,000 Mile Review

sweet, look forward to hitting the 10k mark but not as quick as you. I lived in Carlisle and the comute on the pike got tireing quick. I worked at WHYL county on the dial.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

Nice review. I love driving the He. What year TR8 do you have. A picture would be nice.

I used to have a TR7 but I was married at the time and the wife convinced me to get rid of it. Looking back I should have gotten rid of the wife instead. Hind Sight's 20/20.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

right on. I'm sitting at about 4300 and still loving the sit out of it. I'll get to 10k one day.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to double that information. I just turned 10K on the way home from work. Only trip to the dealer was for the additional fluid in the transfer case, and for a TCCM replacement and a new belt pulley to stop the squeak. I will go back for the new rails after I come back next month from Utah.

MPG on interstates was 18+ with air on and NO cruise, through the low mountains of KY and TN. Mileage for all city driving (more stop than go most of the time) has gone back up to 14.9 mpg. Went down in the winter to around 13.5 mpg.

As for idiots, only two, last year in the rest stop in IN was the first one. But after explaining to the witch that she had the H3 confused with the H2 (I explained the differences in mileage to the idiot), I then told her that if she was so worried about saving the natural resources, she should stop eating. I further explained that with what she needed to sustain her body weight, would easily feed a family of four. She then flipped me the bird, and got in her Honda Hybrid and actually tried to squeak the tires.

Latest one was last week. The weird neighbor (we all have one don't we), came over and told me I was wasting water resources by washing my H3. Well, I hate to say it, but I live in MI, and water is really not a big problem...yet. Only problem is the price we pay to Detroit for the water that supplies the suburbs. I also explained to him how to shove his head up his ass, leave me alone, and if you didn't notice, I'm the guy who at least once a month loads his H3 with a long range rifle, while having a SIG holstered to my hip, and drives off to the range. So, don't even think about f'ing with the Hummer. All the while my one neighbor is washing his Expedition, and his wife's Tahoe, and the jerk never said a word to them.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Hummer Professional

I will be taking a summer break from my current job to head to FT Indiantown Gap here in a few weeks (not before I have to drive to FT Dix and back). I will bring the H3 for the first trip to get my needed luxaries there to make life bearable then driving my 8 out. I pass thru Carsilse twice a month. Trying to save a few miles on the Hummer and some gas with the 8. I have a friend who lives down the "pike" toward Gettysburg. Last week we made a trip from Harrisburg on Saturday to see the import show. Love the town of Carsilse. I will try to post a few pics of my 8 tomorrow. Got rid of the wife and got the 8, was a great trade.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

Old 06-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

Hey F stop.

Classic idiot stories!!! Why are they always fat chicks and nerds?

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Hummer Professional

I was on the way to Ft Knox when a very very hot chic, mini skirt, midriff baring shirt apporached me staring at the H3. Being confident that it was either my uniform or the H3 I smiled as she walked up, and said "the reason innocent Iraqis are dying is because you and people like you are driving those". I think the only thing worse than an H3 driver to her was a soldier driving one. Oh well.

Other Cars.....

Old 06-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Hummer Professional

TR8 Pic

Name:  TR8.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  108.3 KB

Other Cars.....

Old 06-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale
Talking Re: 10,000 Mile Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-n
Hey F stop.

Sorry, left out one group, BIMBOS!!!

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Hummer Professional

you have to love the BIMBOs group, great to look at, if they would just smile instead of talk. Ruin it all as soon as they open the mouth...

Other Cars.....

Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

love the TR8 it looks to be in perfect condition.

I have yet to meet one of those tree huggers yet. But I'm sure I will. There have been several people ask me why I've bought such a gas hog and then turn around and tell me the H3 get's better milage than their car when I say 20 MPG.

As for iraq... I could go on for awhile there. Those of us in the military with a clue knew in 91 we'd have to go back and finish the job.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice TR8! me and my wife combine for 600 lbs. you better have some big balls to walk up to us and dis the Hummer. i'll kill you and then the wife will cook you. Great meal treehuggers, little stringy
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
you have to love the BIMBOs group, great to look at, if they would just smile instead of talk. Ruin it all as soon as they open the mouth...

Not if you're prepared to put something in it
Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-n
Hey F stop.

Not sure, but I sure wish they would stay the F out of my way, and go harass the Dodge Ram drivers for a change.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Not sure, but I sure wish they would stay the F out of my way, and go harass the Dodge Ram drivers for a change.

No kidding ... as if Hummers are the only rigs out there sucking gas. How about full-size Fords, Land Rovers and anything with a Hemi.

I live north of Denver, and it's crazy how many rich Boulder hippies drive to their anti-war and anti-hummer demonstrations in Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, and gas sucking luxury cars. But god forbid ,they can't drive a Hummer. WTF
Old 06-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Having been there in '91 (the young guys call it the Great War) and a few return engagements since, I only wish we had visited the neighbor to the east and settle allot of the issues and be done with it.

The TR8 needs some serious work, two years alone while I was visiting our middle eastern beach, left it with more than a few surface rust spots. I am looking to read up on doing it myself so any auto body experts wanting to give me advice, please do. It is a great car, always fun when a few little boys with their rice burners with coffee can muffler pulls up and tries to play and gets smoked. They are always amazed about the V8 in it.

Other Cars.....