H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-17-2006, 04:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

allan p is off the scale
Question "Out The Door" Total for your H3's...

Hey folks, I'm just curious what you all payed for your H3's after all was said and done.

I've accepted the fact that the H3T will never happen so it's time to pick up a new 3. I'm looking for an Auto. with the adventure package. What should I expect the damages to be.

Also, what do you guys know about GM's "supplier discount," is it worth the hassle? Thanks.

a l l a n
Old 05-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Out The Door" Total for your H3's...

from what i am hearing there is a truck in the works . wont be totally like the H3T but will probably be close i dont think it will be a SUT . these are just rumors but some of the people i have heard this from know a lil more than us about what hummer has in the oven . they are sworn to secrecy but they slip up once in awhile could it be the drinks
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 05-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1
from what i am hearing there is a truck in the works . wont be totally like the H3T but will probably be close i dont think it will be a SUT . these are just rumors but some of the people i have heard this from know a lil more than us about what hummer has in the oven . they are sworn to secrecy but they slip up once in awhile could it be the drinks

Give them more beer Neo
Old 05-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

heck west its your beer im givin them now arent you glad you left so much in moab for us
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 05-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1
heck west its your beer im givin them now arent you glad you left so much in moab for us

Good deal
Old 05-17-2006, 05:01 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

I just saw the H3T at the end of Test Track. It was a toy truck though, but still.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

allan p is off the scale

so... how much did ya'll pay?
Old 05-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan p

I've accepted the fact that the H3T will never happen so it's time to pick up a new 3.
Also, what do you guys know about GM's "supplier discount," is it worth the hassle? Thanks.

a l l a n

Never accept facts not in evidence; these facts may be misleading and innacurate.

Suppliers discount is a decent program, as is the GMID (GM in the Driveway), same as the suppliers discount.

My price won't help you, since it was GMS (GM employee Discount).
Old 05-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

Pricing is totally dependent on where you live and what options you choose.

In my case, I had a build to order H3, Yellow, with Adventure package. 29K before any other discounts applied. It's literally on the truck to Phoenix now.

Other examples - Arizona has plate and registration credit go from one vehicle to another. So my wife's BMW 740iL's plate/registration credit will go towards the title and license fees to the H3. That's a sizable difference in out the door price.

Also trade in will affect it as well.

So, all you can really compare is pricing before T/T/L (Tax/Title/License). Everything else is going to vary.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tommy36998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: "Out The Door" Total for your H3's...

If you have to ask! Can you afford it?
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

I used the GM supplier discount on mine. Saved about 4 grand. Biggest hassle for me was remembering my login and password. I managed to forget it when I left the house.
Once you get an authorization number you have 30 days to use it. You will also have to give the dealer a recent copy of a pay statement.
They're selling well enough out here. What you see on the sticker is what you pay.

Good Luck
Old 05-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserth3
I used the GM supplier discount on mine. Saved about 4 grand. Biggest hassle for me was remembering my login and password. I managed to forget it when I left the house.
Once you get an authorization number you have 30 days to use it. You will also have to give the dealer a recent copy of a pay statement.
They're selling well enough out here. What you see on the sticker is what you pay.

Good Luck

But GMID authorization numbers, same discount as preferred supplier, are good for six months from date of issue.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

FutureBeachBum is on a distinguished road

Fortunately, my father-in-law is a retired GM employee so I was able to get the GMS price. GM's recent promotion includes an additional $1,000 on select midsize SUV's (Envoy, Trailblazer, Ranier, Saab) but not the H3, which I take to be a good sign. If demand stays good it should help the resale value when it comes time to get the next Hummer!

On an unrelated note, is there an easy way to determine the build date of your H3 ?

www.cafepress.com/shirtspot funniest shirts on the net!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

FutureBeachBum is on a distinguished road

Well, I think I can answer my own question. I was looking through all my paperwork and noticed that the "Certificate of Origin" has a date of 10/12/05 which I am taking to be the build date.

As far as out-the-door price...I'm not sure how other Hummer dealers do it, but Lynch did not add anything to the negotiated price. I am used to having dealers tack on misc handling, paperwork, yada yada fees to the tune of $50-199 dollars, so it was a pleasant surprise to have a no BS approach to the deal.

www.cafepress.com/shirtspot funniest shirts on the net!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But GMID authorization numbers, same discount as preferred supplier, are good for six months from date of issue.

You're right; I read something wrong somewhere. It was a tad overloaded with information that morning.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

allan p is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy36998
If you have to ask! Can you afford it?

have some class bud... it's a 30 thousand dollar truck, hardly a bank buster. the kid who bags my groceries can "afford" it

a l l a n
Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

I ordered mine from a dealer in San Juan Capistrano (Weseloh & Son's) in July 2005 and took delivery in September. I had the gmid discount, which saved me 3-4k and I understand that not all dealers will accept that discount. There are some options that were not available combined with that discount. For example, I could not have a sunroof combined with the discount. There may be other options not available. Out the door including california tax, title and liscense, I had to write the check for just over 41k, so it would have been about 44k without the discount.

If you get the one for 29k, you are going to spend the entire time you own it wishing you had gotten the options you really wanted.

These are the additional options I ordered with it that were included in the total price I paid; adventure package, oversized tires, custom hand-made leather interior (i ordered the truck with the basic interior package, then changed my mind when I saw this custom leather job they did at Weseloh), roof racks, tow package, xm, monsoon, black grill guard, nerf bars, billet taillight protectors, billet gas cap, billet hummer lettering below the grill, billet tow bar cap, gm 5 year exterior body sealant, and some other stuff that i cant seem to remember if they were options.
I have driven almost 8k miles so far and have had only minor problems like occasional warning lights (low tire and service 4wd) that don't seem to mean anything, but I do have some rather annoying rattles that I cannot seem to locate!!!

I really like the truck. It looks good, drives great, chicks dig it, it can go just about anywhere, but I do not think that the H3 was built anything near the toughness that the H1's were. But, what do you expect from GM and what to you want for 40k?

I think the washboard roads where I live will beat this thing to hell in a short time. I have charged on some of the nasty desert roads around here and it really floats well over it, but each time I develop new rattles, so I just use my old Bronco when I head out there now.

It really is a shame when you do the research and think you have purchased the best offroad vehicle there is and it turns out to be a dressed-up city vehicle. Maybe I need to upgrade the suspension package. Don't get me wrong, the H3 will go just about anywhere, but you have to go slow if you don't want to tear it up.

The doors are already moving a little, the back seats have some movement and vibration when no one is sitting in them.

If I had the money to go out and buy a new one every 2 years, maybe I wouldn't be so conservative with this one and really get it out and see what it can do, but I have no dealer support within 1,000 miles.

Overall, the truck was totally worth the price. It just isn't the truck I expected.

As a side note, we were down in Costa Rica last month and saw several Defender 100's with straight six diesels. (I don't think they are offered in the US) The roads down there are much worse than the ones here and the Defender's are the ones that seem to last. Definitely not as luxurious, but larger, more fuel efficient and way more bulletproof.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-n
There are some options that were not available combined with that discount. For example, I could not have a sunroof combined with the discount.

Not sure who told you this but there is no restriction against getting a sunroof with the GMID discount except maybe by your dealer. Don't recall exactly when it was but sunroofs were on restriction from the factory at one point and that may have been the issue. As far as your experience with it, I would have to disagree. Glad you still love it but to think you can drive on wash board roads frequently and not get rattles is just not realistic. Maybe I misread what you were saying but that is how I took what you were saying. I by no means think it is just a dressed up city vehicle as you put it. I would say it is more a off road vehicle that was made more daily driver capable. Keep enjoying your H3 though.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

Yes, when I received the certificate number and they told me of the dealers that would honor it, I went with the closest to home I could fnd. They were the ones that would not allow me to use it with the sunroof option. Who knows, maybe they just told me that for fun. I am glad I didn't get the sunroof, since it would probably heat up the interior more during the day.

I knew I would get a reaction when I wrote "dressed up city vehicle" but the roads here can be brutal!

I know I'm not realistic!!! I just want the perfect surf rig!!!! A buddy of mine has an Alpha and that thing rocks!!! I watched him scale a huge sand dune straight up like it was nothing. Alos, the on the fly tire pressure adjustment would be another great option. I sure hope Hummer adds a 5 cylinder turbo diesel option like the defender 110's have. That should add more torque and deliver a little better economy, not to mention engine life.

I love the H3. I just basically want a TANK that looks good!!!
Can you blame me??????

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:32 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of the GM dudes here can get you supplier, maybe even me. it brings the price down to near invoice which can save hassel.
28,500 for my base with auto after a wash on trade. There is "conquest money" out there if you own a competting vehicle. just use those words to your dealer. If it is still going on you might get the extra 1k.