H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale
Unhappy trucks broke/Fstop help!!!

Well i was headed out of town and some guy told me while i was waiting in traffic that i had no brake lights so i push on star and they said there was a code coming back on it but i was alreay headed to flagstaff and figured might as well keep going because i had a hole group of friends ready to drink martinis and i wasnt planing stopping and using the brake lights anyway (lol) but then when i got up there all was well till i took it 4 wheelin and the dash kept throw out a service code that the stable thing was not working so i figured again "Oh well" well it got me back to town and its at the shop with the dust and mud all over it. Im waiting for the service rep to call me and tell me whats up!!any thoughts from any of you.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Chip is off the scale
Default Re: trucks broke/Fstop help!!!

If you put the Automatic H3 into low range it shuts off the Stability and keeps warning you until you shut off the alert or put it back into high.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the tech needs to just clear the codes and do the bulb on the tail. Gm products use two way wireing where the system can cahnnel many diffrent functions through less wire. i have see H2's trip diffrent codes or even check engine for stupid stuff. And never let anyone mess with the Onstar or Cut the radio out. They got to know their stuff. Chip is correct
Old 05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

I dont no......I have 4 wheeled before and never got this code, and as for the brake lights when i called on star they said my cruise control was shut off because of the brake deal????????????????????
Old 05-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost sounds like a switch for the lights. I can't believe all bulbs would burn out at once, unless there was a hell of a spike. As for the code, what was it, that helps a lot.
You have two brake switches, one for stop lamps, and one for TCC control and cruise. Possibly the bracket that holds the two came loose.
I know they have had problems with switches going out of adjustment, why, I don't know.
Let us know what the tech said, and next time, ask Onstar for the code number, that helps me greatly.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
Sounds like the tech needs to just clear the codes and do the bulb on the tail. Gm products use two way wireing where the system can cahnnel many diffrent functions through less wire. i have see H2's trip diffrent codes or even check engine for stupid stuff. And never let anyone mess with the Onstar or Cut the radio out. They got to know their stuff. Chip is correct
Two-way wiring is called the class 2 serial data bus.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

Well i got it back last night and everything works great, They said they would mail the paperwork to me but what i think he said was it was the brake switch which in turn shuts of the cruise control, i still had blinkers and tail lights/hazards just no brake lights and they also replaced the washer pump on the back......I brought it in really really dirty because we were out 4 wheelin and they shined it up so pretty i was very pleased. By the way my truck went threw some real crap this weekend, We took it up to a place called the cendars outside of flagstaff and most of the rides out there are quads and sand rails, theres a place very far back in the terrain that they said only the quads and rails could get to but to there surprise so can H3's. It was so cool infact we never even split our drinks or had to get dust in our hair and mouths (it was very dusty and windy this weekend) We have the quads to go back there but we just thought it might be fun to blow there minds. anyway all is good and the great white is fixed..thanks guys