H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

3 questions, 1,does the lift change anything with the warrenty and 2 does it put any undo strain on anyother parts and 3 why is thier such a differance in height between the front and the back ends
Old 01-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

3 questions, 1,does the lift change anything with the warrenty and 2 does it put any undo strain on anyother parts and 3 why is thier such a differance in height between the front and the back ends
Old 01-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be numerous reasons why.
It could be due to aerodynamics, crash worthiness, hard to say, unless someone talks to the designer.
Personally, I can't see it voiding any part of your warranty; possibly, the torsion bars, but don't believe so.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

There are many topics on this issue. Do a search under torsion bars.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

I finally raised my T-bars 2-1/2 turns yesterday to get ready for the 35's I ordered Fri. Man what a difference. Its not quite level now but it has a bad arse stance. I parked next to a friend at works H3 and they look like to different rigs.Gotta guit looking out the damm window for that UPS truck,,,drivin me crazzzzy waitin for those new Pro-Comps. Ill get some pics out hopefully by the weekend. :-)
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarsnBars:
I finally raised my T-bars 2-1/2 turns yesterday to get ready for the 35's I ordered Fri. Man what a difference. Its not quite level now but it has a bad arse stance. I parked next to a friend at works H3 and they look like to different rigs.Gotta guit looking out the damm window for that UPS truck,,,drivin me crazzzzy waitin for those new Pro-Comps. Ill get some pics out hopefully by the weekend. :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget to get the front end checked for alignment. I had mine checked after 2 1/2 turns and the left toe was out a bit. Sure looks fine don't it. It should be the standard look from the factory.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummie3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarsnBars:
Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UPS called your order was sent to the wrong location and it will take 3 MORE weeks to correct the problem...

Not really... Can't wait to see the pictures.
It feels great when you drive past another H3 without the torsion bar tweek and they look trying to figure out what the differance is.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I took it in to have the front end aligned I made sure the tech knew I adjusted the torsion bars for two reasons. 1) incase he needed to make adjustments he knew he wasn't starting from a factor setting and 2) to see if anyone mentioned a warrenty issue. No issue, only a lot of "that looks sweet".
Old 01-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

hmer is off the scale

humdoug where in PA u got ur H3????