did u delete the threads?

Old 02-07-2003, 02:07 AM

JJ is off the scale

seems like I missed the action....

JJ
Old 02-07-2003, 04:41 AM

muskyman is off the scale

if you really want to debate this point go over todiscoweb

they wont delete any of it no matter how far it goes and then jason dosent have to keep pulling stuff

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there
Old 02-07-2003, 05:16 AM

Mega Boris is off the scale

i dont know about many of the others, but speaking for myself...

I'm not looking to debate. I came here to talk with other h2 owners about our vehicles and to chat in a casual, non-hostile environment about subjects in relation to our vehicles (modifications, questions, etc.)

I do however understand your reasoning, and I think you did (after your first few posts) eventually bring some good discussion here. It is good to get some general information on off-roading and what-to's and what-nots. But in all honesty, the constant comparing, flames (not necessarily all from you), arguments, etc.; it got out of hand.

If I do ever want to debate which vehicle is better, I'll be sure to stop by discoweb.

Feel free though to continue to post here concerning general 4x4 stuff... but I ask (i can't demande as it's not my forums) that you please quit the comparisons of the vehicles... because in the end, it comes down to driver preference. There is no right answer.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:31 PM

Firebreather is off the scale

i completely disagree with you Boris. i for one would like to see the comparisons. i want h2 owners and LR owners and jeep owners to openly discuss in this forum the similarities and differences of the vehicles...that is part of learning about the H2 isnt? learning its strengths and weaknesses? are the members of this forum really this sensitive and high strung that they cant take a little ribbing from the LR and Jeep guys? come on!!!

heres a suggestion: if you are one of those timid souls who just cant bear to read that another brand owner thinks their truck is better then dont read the thread!!!
but for those of us that are interested in the comparisons, dont force me to go to another website where the focus isnt the truck im going to buy.

i think the H2 stands up pretty well to the other 4x4 suvs... what are we afraid of?
Old 02-07-2003, 02:43 PM

SJ is off the scale

Firebreather:

You might want to check the thread titled "Flush the Trolls." Boris makes a point that many of us agree with. It is not a matter of having thick-skin and taking the criticism of the H2. No one is saying that visitors to this forum must like our choice of vehicle.

The overlying point is that there was a general lack of respect and etiquette as GUESTS of this site.

Most of us welcome "Jeep" guys/gals and "Ford" enthusiasts so long as they present themselves in a constructive manner. Some of the Land Rover folks have offered comeraderie, but the unfortunate truth and fact of the matter is that a "wave" of negativity and constant "H2 Bashing" broke into darn-near every thread. That, my friend, is not the way many of us want to be treated.

There is enough B.S. and stress in this world. The last thing many of us want is to face more of this "bad energy" when we come to this forum.

I shared your view initially and welcomed the new vistitors to discuss issues in a calm and mature aire, but the responses tended to bypass such principle.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 02-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

AMEN, Bro.

It is standard online operating procedure among teens to say you are 18 when you are 14 or 15. At that young age, they have no sense of responsibility, integrity or any clear concept of what is right or wrong. Teens do things just for fun. My 15 years old nephew loves to cause a mess on websites, smart straight A student, but a total devil online, they go online in packs and very clever in pretending to discuss the subjects at whatever websites they happened to pick on, but the goal is always to cause a mess and walk away. The more angry the regular visitors get the more happy they are. It is futile to try to talk to them and ask them to speak in a more cordial manner. They have no intention whatsoever of staying around to talk Hummer once they are finished with you.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:19 PM

Spidey is off the scale

I agree with you 100% SJ.I read most of the threads untill it got carried away and ridiculas. In fact Firebreather, SJ demonstrated more patience then any of us had in giving those guys an opportunity to constructively add into the forum. In my opinion they purposed to rattle cages. They were missioned kamikaze pilots. You can't debate with that. I only thing I can think off is to make a designated area withinin this forum perhaps outside the General discussion area and call it the war zone or battlefield for those wanting to be your Modern day Private Ryan's. That's up to Jason. Discussions are one thing Trashing and bashing is another.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:27 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Come on, we could all tell from the nature of their posts that civilized discourse was not in the offing. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Like MAC said, you recognize them, they just get happier.

You (some of you)egg them on, then call for them to be banned because you don't like what they say?
Much easier to ignore.

[This message was edited by bklynh2srock on February 07, 2003 at 10:09 AM.]
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

In my opinion, these so called Land Rover Dudes brought nothing of any value to this site other than irritate people. The H2 owners and future H2 owners are here to talk about there vehicals and discuss mods and just help eachother out.
I'm glad there gone and if I see a rover on hill, I'll walk over it (with ease) with my H2!

==================================
03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
http://www.haugens.com
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:47 PM

Johnny boy,

my sister in law used to say that they should take the musky out of lake because from timr to time someone gets bit

then she paints her townails bright gold and goes and dangles her feet in the water

please reread Brklyn's post above

keep baiting people and they will bite thats how it works

MM

Old 02-07-2003, 03:53 PM

Further more everybody else

look in the mirror, most H2 guys are right smack dab in the same demographic group of buyers that the average Landrover guys.

both make good incomes ,have a degree, a few kids and a mortgage on a home with a value of over 300k

you have more in common then you do not

when you guys really get bitten by the bug as many of us have , we a community of off-road vehicles need to be allies not enemies

when the trails are being closed or someone wants to install a hidden winch to preserve the on road looks information from other areas of the off-road world are key in you a H2 owner acomplishing your goals

MM

Old 02-07-2003, 04:16 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Sounds like you're a midwesterner if you really know about Muskie fishing...

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muskyman:
Johnny boy,

my sister in law used to say that they should take the musky out of lake because from timr to time someone gets bit

then she paints her townails bright gold and goes and dangles her feet in the water

please reread Brklyn's post above

keep baiting people and they will bite thats how it works

MM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-07-2003, 04:24 PM

and you dont sound very "Cali" having heard of one

Old 02-07-2003, 04:36 PM

there kelley just for you I updated my profile so all can see my midwestern roots

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Old 02-07-2003, 04:40 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Born and raised in South Dakota. Funny that I never put your ID together with what it meant.

We were just back in Northern MN last fall doing some muskie and walleye fishing...had some great times, caught some great fish, and I realized how much I miss the midwest...sometimes.

Kelley
Old 02-07-2003, 04:48 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muskyman:
Further more everybody else

look in the mirror, most H2 guys are right smack dab in the same demographic group of buyers that the average Landrover guys.

when you guys really get bitten by the bug as many of us have , we a community of off-road vehicles need to be allies not enemies

MM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Musky:

I stated as much early in the going, calling for an alliance, but a good number of your comrades did not process this gesture of reason and goodwill.

I think we've killed the topic at this point, but want to keep the door open for fellow enthusiasts that offer sincere input.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 02-07-2003, 05:18 PM

kelley

MN has really come on strong with there population of fish, mostly due to the growing catch and release ethic catching on there.

I moved out east for awhile and had alot of fun adventures living just outside NYC in NJ but my midwestern roots pulled me back. I often think about moving out west for a few years just to be closer to all the great mile and miles of open free access trails. but having a 5 year old daughter that wouldent be likely to happen.

thom

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Old 02-07-2003, 06:50 PM

SONA is off the scale

Muskyman, My dad was a teacher, High School Pricipal, and the Superintendent in Barrington ILL. till 1970. All three of my older brothers went to school at Barrington High when my dad was principal.... Small world.

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life