H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Has anybody swapped out there stock radio for aftermarket equipment.I was told that it will cost and addtional $150 to keep my on star.I would like to install a nice Alpine with xm radio.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Has anybody swapped out there stock radio for aftermarket equipment.I was told that it will cost and addtional $150 to keep my on star.I would like to install a nice Alpine with xm radio.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

$150.00 sounds a little bit expensive. It is true to keep your on Star you have to do some special wiring.

The wiring for onstar uses you factory radio to hear what is being said. So they will need to bypass this and direct wire some little speakers. Like under you dash or something. It won't be as loud. If you don't use onstar it won't be an issue. Also, you can still use it they will only hear you and you won't be able to hear them (unless you install the little speakers like I said above.)
Old 06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
H3\"JeepKiller\" H3\

H3\

There is a wiring harness that hooks right in line with the after market radio (via plug and play plugs). It does cost about 150.00 you can get these at most any professional audio/upgrade store. This wiring harness allows you to use your exsiting speakers still. The onstar does go thru the speakers, but there is no reason to add seperate speakers. I just did this with my H3 2 days ago.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3"JeepKiller":
There is a wiring harness that hooks right in line with the after market radio (via plug and play plugs). It does cost about 150.00 you can get these at most any professional audio/upgrade store. This wiring harness allows you to use your exsiting speakers still. The onstar does go thru the speakers, but there is no reason to add seperate speakers. I just did this with my H3 2 days ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have any pictures of new radio.I was told that they dont have install kits ready for H3 yet.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
H3\"JeepKiller\" H3\

H3\

Its actually not a radio....Well it is but is actually a touch screen dvd mp3 and cd radio combination...The harness is available I don't know if anything is un available for radios my screen went in without a hitch. I did not do the work it was put in proff. I hope they did not just make it work.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
H3\"JeepKiller\" H3\

H3\

Does anyone know if you can tie in a sirius radio antenna into the exisiting xm radio antenna. I was wondering if maybe they make a adapter to that antenna so I don't have to add more to the roof of the H3. I currently have the sirius one of on the rrof but want to keep that clean look going.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:04 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

the harness is already availble. if i'm not mistaken, most of your vehicle is a colorado. the engine and electronics. they just tweaked it to do what a hummer can do. in fact, you'll find that a lot of your electronics is compatible with the h3.

soo... with that said, the harness for a colorado would work.

to keep your onstar you'll want a pac interface. click here: http://pac-audio.com/products/onstar.htm.