H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default Its a new world!

Hummer sales are said to be down 43 percent. my dealer tells me they havent sold a new h3 in 2 months. they are lined up like dead dinosaurs. we stayed home this weekend. last gas i put in was $4.23 regular for my '07 h3 lux. were trying to decide what to get when the 27 month lease expires at the end of the year. wifey likes the vw gti, which can take regular and still gets 29 hwy. i want to look at the mini clubman and the 4 wd honda element. i think gas is never going to get cheaper than the high 3s a gallon. the hummer and other big suvs are just too expensive to drive. i read in the wall street journal that dealers wont even take hummers as trade ins. period. i'm glad i leased.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:51 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its a new world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot
Hummer sales are said to be down 43 percent. my dealer tells me they havent sold a new h3 in 2 months. they are lined up like dead dinosaurs. we stayed home this weekend. last gas i put in was $4.23 regular for my '07 h3 lux. were trying to decide what to get when the 27 month lease expires at the end of the year. wifey likes the vw gti, which can take regular and still gets 29 hwy. i want to look at the mini clubman and the 4 wd honda element. i think gas is never going to get cheaper than the high 3s a gallon. the hummer and other big suvs are just too expensive to drive. i read in the wall street journal that dealers wont even take hummers as trade ins. period. i'm glad i leased.

BULLSH*T.

You obviously drive the H3 only for poseur reasons then, because all your so called 'alternatives' have absolutely no use offroad.

Why are you even driving an H3?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
BULLSH*T.

You obviously drive the H3 only for poseur reasons then, because all your so called 'alternatives' have absolutely no use offroad.

I think RAZ might be right...didn't you just have a flat in your garage? You were complaning about onstar right? Something about getting rid of the 3 and onstar? I thought you were a chick when you first started posting...unless you & the better half post under the same avatar.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dealership=Ghost Town

Driving a larger vehicle that consumes more fuel is becoming more and more of a luxury.

Depends on your priorities and how important it is to you to have a durable go anywhere vehicle like the H3.

I have seen gas prices rise steadily since I bout mine about a year ago, but don't regret it one bit.
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
BULLSH*T.

i like the looks and the drive, asswipe. since when do you have go off road to drive a hummer, dickhead. my alternatives, punchy, have to do with not spending $100 to fill my tank. *******s like you give hummer a bad name.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
I think RAZ might be right...didn't you just have a flat in your garage? You were complaning about onstar right? Something about getting rid of the 3 and onstar? I thought you were a chick when you first started posting...unless you & the better half post under the same avatar.

another asswipe checks in!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

i hardly see any 08's on the road all the hummers still driving are 07 or earlier

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
i like the looks and the drive, asswipe. since when do you have go off road to drive a hummer, dickhead. my alternatives, punchy, have to do with not spending $100 to fill my tank. *******s like you give hummer a bad name.

You're complaining that driving a FULL TIME 4WD is too expensive, THEN DON'T DRIVE A FRICKIN' FULL TIME 4WD if you aren't using it OFFROAD.

Call me all the names in the world, but you're the one crying that a FULL TIME 4WD is bad on gas... what the heck were you expecting?

So, lets look at who gives HUMMER owners a bad name, someone who uses it for what it's designed for, someone who has helped pull people out of ditches/snowbanks... OR... someone who drives around without a gram of dirt on it ever, and only drives it "because it looks cool..."

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
another asswipe checks in!

Asswipe? What's the matter? Can't answer the Fuking,question? Did you or did you not get a Fuking,flat in your fuking,garage and then call onstar to deal with it!

LOLROTFPIMP!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
You're complaining that driving a FULL TIME 4WD is too expensive, THEN DON'T DRIVE A FRICKIN' FULL TIME 4WD if you aren't using it OFFROAD.

Call me all the names in the world, but you're the one crying that a FULL TIME 4WD is bad on gas... what the heck were you expecting?

So, lets look at who gives HUMMER owners a bad name, someone who uses it for what it's designed for, someone who has helped pull people out of ditches/snowbanks... OR... someone who drives around without a gram of dirt on it ever, and only drives it "because it looks cool..."

its a vehicle, idiot. its to get you around. i love the h3. that doesnt mean i have to take it off-road. i like 4 wheel drive. we live in the northast where you need one. if gas wasnt at a four dollar level and looking like it will stay there FOREVER i'd probably go for another hummer h3 when my lease expires. but i just cant see myself filling my tank every week at $90-olus dollars. thats about $5000 a year. do the math. and dont give me that recue bull****. if i saw someone in trouble and i could help with my hummer i would. dont play hero with me, moron. and how do you rationalize that someone who drives their hummer because it looks cool is any more of an ******* than you who liked to get it dirty. what an idiot you are.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
its a vehicle, idiot. its to get you around. i love the h3. that doesnt mean i have to take it off-road. i like 4 wheel drive. we live in the northast where you need one. if gas wasnt at a four dollar level and looking like it will stay there FOREVER i'd probably go for another hummer h3 when my lease expires. but i just cant see myself filling my tank every week at $90-olus dollars. thats about $5000 a year. do the math. and dont give me that recue bull****. if i saw someone in trouble and i could help with my hummer i would. dont play hero with me, moron.

Oh this is getting better. You come here talking smack, pondering which vehicle you're going to replace the H3 with and how you're "glad you leased", and you're shocked that you're getting a negative response? Now supposedly you need 4WD because of winter, and you're considering replacing the H3 with those POS on wheels? You're not making any sense.
BTW, don't talk to me about winter, drive through 2 - 3 foot drifts of snow on farm property just to get to the house that's in about a 150 yards deep.

Quote:
and how do you rationalize that someone who drives their hummer because it looks cool is any more of an ******* than you who liked to get it dirty. what an idiot you are.

Figure it out. You started by saying I give HUMMER owners a bad name. In my book, people who buy a vehicle for status only and don't use it for its intended purpose give the owners a bad name. The icing on the cake are those who then go and complain about said vehicle and how it's not satisfactory for them in certain aspects. Did that clear it up for you?

Think of it this way, you buy a Lamborghini and never take it out on a track, then you complain how it's expensive to maintain and start listing Honda's and Toyota's for replacements. No logic whatsoever.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is almost funny. I spoke out about rising fuel prices over a year ago here, suggesting some alternative means to sticking it to the companies (like buying nothing but gas at gas stations) and I was told to shut up and quit peddling propoganda.

Well, who is laughing now?

Oh well, at least there are less idiots on the roads now
Old 05-28-2008, 03:49 AM
Hummer Novice

H3gtwn is on a distinguished road

I can see both points of view. I've owned five 4x4's. Only two have I bonded with, a 1988 Cherokee that I kept for 18 years and the H3. The bond formed from taking them off-road and pushing them to the limits and coming home unscathed. The '86 Trooper, the '96 Grand Cherokee and the '05 F150 FX-4 were/are for the street and light off-road/tow. But, only the Cherokee and the H3 would I trust to go anywhere.

If I were only driving the H3 for street/fowl weather then there are plenty of vehicles to chose from. But, the H3 adventure package, out to it's limits, is amazing. I found the competition lacking. Nothing else delivers the ride on the road and the flex on the trail at the luxury level of a loaded H3. Go push it to the extreme and how can you not fall in love?

Who cares about gas prices when your trail buddy needs fuel?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Oh this is getting better. You come here talking smack, pondering which vehicle you're going to replace the H3 with and how you're "glad you leased", and you're shocked that you're getting a negative response? Now supposedly you need 4WD because of winter, and you're considering replacing the H3 with those POS on wheels? You're not making any sense.
BTW, don't talk to me about winter, drive through 2 - 3 foot drifts of snow on farm property just to get to the house that's in about a 150 yards deep.

Figure it out. You started by saying I give HUMMER owners a bad name. In my book, people who buy a vehicle for status only and don't use it for its intended purpose give the owners a bad name. The icing on the cake are those who then go and complain about said vehicle and how it's not satisfactory for them in certain aspects. Did that clear it up for you?

Think of it this way, you buy a Lamborghini and never take it out on a track, then you complain how it's expensive to maintain and start listing Honda's and Toyota's for replacements. No logic whatsoever.

idiot most surveys of hummer drivers show soccer moms and suburban families. you, dork, are in the minority. nothings wrong with off-roading. i've done myself in a land rover and my hummer. ir didnt complain about the hummer, moron, i complained about the price of gasoline. what a moron.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
idiot most surveys of hummer drivers show soccer moms and suburban families. you, dork, are in the minority. nothings wrong with off-roading. i've done myself in a land rover and my hummer. ir didnt complain about the hummer, moron, i complained about the price of gasoline. what a moron.

"idiot", "dork", "moron" (2x), wow...

You can't even respond properly, just name calling... Not once have I called you any names, yet every response from you has multiple insults directed at me. To me, that shows someone who can't have a logical discussion.

Sure, the large majority of owners never use their vehicles for their intended purposes, that includes sports cars, 4WDs, Pickups...

... however, when they start complaining about gas prices, how nobody wants them, listing your 'alternatives', and stating you're glad you leased? To me, that's knocking the vehicle down, but you're knocking it down based on ignorance and never using the thing properly to begin with.

Hopefully when you return the H3 it'll find a home to someone who KNOWS what to do with it.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

nychot,you're the only one that makes any sense to me.I'm in the same situation as you .I just can't afford to run an H3.I have never gone off road with it and never intended to, but I did buy it because I thought it would be great in the snow and it was a cool looking vehicle,still do.If I were stuck with a lease,like I believe many of your detractors are,I would probably be very "cranky" myself
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom2
nychot,you're the only one that makes any sense to me.I'm in the same situation as you .I just can't afford to run an H3.I have never gone off road with it and never intended to, but I did buy it because I thought it would be great in the snow and it was a cool looking vehicle,still do.If I were stuck with a lease,like I believe many of your detractors are,I would probably be very "cranky" myself

Nychot's responding like a fifth grader, the majority of his responses were just name calling with a few attempts to twist his initial words, and I'm the one who is cranky?

Maybe you should do a search and see Nychot's trend of whining?

See, the issue isn't gas prices at all. It's that poseurs who bought the H3 simply for the name or to look 'cool' are now abandoning ship. Some do it tastefully, others, not so much.

You know how I can prove that he DIDN'T buy the H3 for the winter? Simply because all his alternatives will not do well in those conditions, atleast not anything but a plowed road.

To buy a vehicle and never intend to use it to its fullest potential, THEN complain about gas prices, stating you're glad you leased, AND listing alternatives? No offense, but go sit your a$$ in a civic, you don't belong in a HUMMER.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

THE HUMMER POLICE SPEAKS.

HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE. WHEN GAS HITS $5.00 A GALLON I'M SURE YOU'LL BE OUT THERE IN THE WOODS BURNING UP THE GAS, WASTING A RESOURCE WE NEED. YOU DONT GET THE POINT AT ALL. BTW, NOT THAT I NEED TO GIVE AN iDIOT LIKE YOU AN EXPLANATION -- I DO LIVE IN THE NORTHEAST AND THE HUMMER AND MY PAST SUVS -- TOYOTA 4 RUNNER LTD, SEVERAL JEEp GRAND CHEROKEES, SEVERAL WRANGLERS, EVEN A MB 350M -- ARE GREAT. but now i'm trying to find an alternative == like most sensible people today. maybe you have tons of money to throw in your gas tank. i dont. so i need to find a vehicle that will be less costly to run, but give me some fun to drive, look interesting, and deal with winter and country roads. the element aint no hummer -- no ****, but it is 4 wd, gets good gas mileage and has lots of utility. i'd prefer driving my black hummer, especially for the safety factor. the mini clubman and vw gti are interesting but probably wont work for me -- too small and only front wheel drive. not much around to choose from.

Quote:
Nychot's responding like a fifth grader, the majority of his responses were just name calling with a few attempts to twist his initial words, and I'm the one who is cranky?

Maybe you should do a search and see Nychot's trend of whining?

See, the issue isn't gas prices at all. It's that poseurs who bought the H3 simply for the name or to look 'cool' are now abandoning ship. Some do it tastefully, others, not so much.

You know how I can prove that he DIDN'T buy the H3 for the winter? Simply because all his alternatives will not do well in those conditions, atleast not anything but a plowed road.

To buy a vehicle and never intend to use it to its fullest potential, THEN complain about gas prices, stating you're glad you leased, AND listing alternatives? No offense, but go sit your a$$ in a civic, you don't belong in a HUMMER.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
THE HUMMER POLICE SPEAKS.

HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE. WHEN GAS HITS $5.00 A GALLON I'M SURE YOU'LL BE OUT THERE IN THE WOODS BURNING UP THE GAS, WASTING A RESOURCE WE NEED. YOU DONT GET THE POINT AT ALL. BTW, NOT THAT I NEED TO GIVE AN iDIOT LIKE YOU AN EXPLANATION -- I DO LIVE IN THE NORTHEAST AND THE HUMMER AND MY PAST SUVS -- TOYOTA 4 RUNNER LTD, SEVERAL JEEp GRAND CHEROKEES, SEVERAL WRANGLERS, EVEN A MB 350M -- ARE GREAT. but now i'm trying to find an alternative == like most sensible people today. maybe you have tons of money to throw in your gas tank. i dont. so i need to find a vehicle that will be less costly to run, but give me some fun to drive, look interesting, and deal with winter and country roads. the element aint no hummer -- no ****, but it is 4 wd, gets good gas mileage and has lots of utility. i'd prefer driving my black hummer, especially for the safety factor. the mini clubman and vw gti are interesting but probably wont work for me -- too small and only front wheel drive. not much around to choose from.

So, name calling didn't work, so now you're trying CAPS LOCK?

Now you're accusing us (people who offroad) of "BURNING UP GAS, WASTING A RESOURCE WE NEED"? Do you realize what forum you're on?

Guess what, gas is already at and over $5 a gallon here in Canada, so your complaints fall on deaf ears.

In my book, everyone on this forum that uses the H3 offroad (including those who can't get out on the trails more than a few times a year) aren't wasting gas at all, they're using the vehicle to go places where a normal vehicle wouldn't be able to go. The people who DO waste gas are people like YOU, who DON'T NEED a FULLTIME 4WD vehicle, especially one as capable as an H3, yet you DRIVE IT SOLELY FOR IMAGE, and to make it worse, YOU COMPLAIN.

That's the issue here, you're driving a FULLTIME 4WD vehicle as a sedan and COMPLAIN that it's costing you too much. NO DUH!

Last edited by RazM : 05-29-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Hummer Guru

I see both of your points. Amidst the bull**** that's getting stirred up.

But that rationale has been with us since gas was .22 cents a gallon.

I'm just glad -- at this point in time -- that I can afford to pay for the resources I use.

Oh yeah, and that I never called anyone to change my flat tire in the garage.

But then again, I never lost the key to my lugs either....