H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road
Default Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

I saw on the news that Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police.

I was kind of surprised by that.

What is everyone's experience on this? Have you gotten pulled over more since owning a Hummer?

I just bought a 08 H2 & I love it...other than getting adjusted to parking the
H2 within the parking spaces.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

wow.... No clue, but my wife did get a speeding ticket driving my lifted Excursion... how? I have no idea... but the only time I got pulled over in the Hummer was when I was doing some sweet jumps on Rail-Road crossing flying it about 2-3 feet off the ground..haha, it was a sunny Saturday and I got bored.. he didn't gimmie a ticket tho, he was just like..."stop doing that"
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl57
I saw on the news that Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police.

I was kind of surprised by that.

What is everyone's experience on this? Have you gotten pulled over more since owning a Hummer?

I just bought a 08 H2 & I love it...other than getting adjusted to parking the
H2 within the parking spaces.

Talking about parking, I have the logest drive in the neighborhood, however it is for one car width. Well this ass-hat next door neighbor always parks his car on the edge if not a little over in my drive. I have asked for him to move it, but he continues. SO, now I just run over the front bumper everytime I arrive and leave the house. He has these huge black marks across his bumper....and I almost dare him to say something.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about parking...........Everytime I go somewhere, I park it in two places. I park at a angle so no one can park next to me. When eating at a place, I normally request a window seat to where I can keep a watch on it. both of my Hummers have a lot of chrome and accessories on it so I tend to be a little picky on where I park, and how I park.

I have never had any problems except for one lady who parked next to me at Cracker Barrel, she left me a note saying I am no better than her or anyone else, and I need to learn how to park in one spot.

I wrote her a note back and put it on her car and wrote I park in two places to prevent my doors from getting scratched or beat up. Its not all about being better than anyone, cause I am down to earth and I am not better than anyone else. Its just a Hummer is a bit wider than your normal car, and when you put it in a parking place, its VERY HARD trying to get in and out without beating up your doors. I am not saying people do this on purpose cause accidents do happen. And for me, I never go up to the front of a parking lot and take up to spaces, I go out toward the middle, or end to where it dont inconvience anyone else.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno about you guys but I have been lucky. no tickets in the last 23-24 years. I got pulled over for a headlight out on my Maverick.

by the way as for parking...

I have a handicap plate for my bad knee.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Try parking over here in Belgium, where all the cars are ALOT smaller than my hummer Wherever I park, it sticks out in every way possible...

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

Me to frenzy1 here in Germany easy to find the Hummer in a parking lot thats for sure and with the spare on the back sticks out big time.

as for tickets zero todate in the Hummer now I get asked now and then about my tires and rims at cars shows often by Polize 22" on a Hummer stand out.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 AM
Hummer Novice

mattca71 is on a distinguished road

Well there are several times I could of but didnt. I did get 1 warning however. I dont think we are...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

I remember back when that article came out, I think its bullsh1t. I'd like to see what data supports it. Its more likely the author has gone dry and picked an easily identifible target.

There's so much **** that gets released as news now that never gets fact checked its hard to believe anything...

Remember that one ******* that claimed he was press and wanted to do a story on how ****ty the h2 gas mileage was...he got torn apart on the forum.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a ticket for 69 mph in a 55 mph zone Feb. 2007. What is funny is that I gave the Trooper the correct vehicle registration but the wrong "proof of insurance" card. The ticket stated 1999 HD Black Truck, yup, had given him a copy of the bikes proof of insurance card and that was where he took part of the info from. Called to see if it made a difference that they called the truck a Harley Davidson and was told if the plate number was correct that I still had to pay up. Hundred and some change for the ticket

Now there was one time shortly after the trucks started to show up on the roads there was a couple of the local yocals in a town of 12,000 folks that thought the truck "looked suspicious" and pulled me over to "investigate".

It was a Friday evening, and I was thirsty for a Dew. I went to town and it seemed as though everyone else had the same idea, it is hot out, get a soda and cruised around for awhile. Folks making "laps", showing off what they got, setting in parking lots and shooting the sh!t in groups type of night. The cops were making rounds also looking for reasons to pull folks over, tail light out, license plate light out, head light out, whatever they could use for a reason. I guess to them it seemed as though every time they had someone pulled over there was that "big black truck" going by again, duh, what does making "laps" mean. Their curiosity must have got the best of them and they pulled me over for looking suspicious. Two cops, slowly came up along the sides of the truck, stood back just behind the door windows, hands on their weapons and asked for my license and registration. I asked why they pulled me over and the only response was that they kept seeing me driving around town and wondered what I was up to. Told them that I came into town to get a Dew and seen others were out enjoying the warm evening also and decided to drink my soda and drive around and also enjoy the evening. "Well, we kept seeing you and thought we better stop you and see what you was up to" was their actual comment. Got my paperwork back and off I went laughing at the fact that they really probably wanted to see the H2 up close, he!!, I don't know but it was kinda funny to tell the wife that I got pulled over for drinking and driving

And as for the H2 being the tops in getting pulled over here is the company that did the study http://www.qualityplanning.com/ On the home page in the lower right hand corner is the link and article January 12, 2009. Would have opened the link and post it but it would have only been the home page for some reason

Later, Ed
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Knock on wood. Been ticket free for about 10 years now i guess. Its hard to speed in a Hummer!
Have had only a few fingers. Lots of Hummers aroiund here, more compliments than anyting else. I too try and park down back and stay away from the door dingers. i usually try to park under a light at night to help with security. I couple years back I parked way down back at a restaurant. Came out and there was Lincoln navigator right next to me. I almost couldnt open the door enough to get in. I was pissed. I noticed a couple young kids in the back seat just hangin waiting for the parents as they weren't in the car. When I got home I noticed a nice big ding in my rear door. I knew it had to be that navigator, the kids opening thier door. The ding was pretty high on the door, so it had to be of comprable height. Man, I saw that ding every day, drove me crazy!!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Ed
And as for the H2 being the tops in getting pulled over here is the company that did the study http://www.qualityplanning.com/ On the home page in the lower right hand corner is the link and article January 12, 2009. Would have opened the link and post it but it would have only been the home page for some reason

Later, Ed

These guys are ****ing idiots...I can tell you this, the hummer wouldn't of made the top is the list if they wouldn't of combined H2 and H3 together! If listed seperately 1 or both may of not even made this list. I dont even consider them in the same class. Looks like someone skewed the data to make the desired results.

They list 3 different Scion models individually that are closer in classes to each other than the H2 and H3.

Looks to me That the Scion Tc is most ticketed, followed by the Scion XB and then CLK63.

Hummer H2/H3 SUV 463%
Scion tC Coupe 460%
Scion XB Station Wagon 403%
Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe 397%
Toyota Solara Coupe 306%
Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG Coupe 276%
Scion XA Hatchback 275%
Subaru Outback Station Wagon 266%
Audi A4 Sedan 264%
Toyota Matrix Hatchback 264%
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Noticed that myself on the "chart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
These guys are ****ing idiots...I can tell you this, the hummer wouldn't of made the top is the list if they wouldn't of combined H2 and H3 together! If listed seperately 1 or both may of not even made this list. I dont even consider them in the same class. Looks like someone skewed the data to make the desired results.

They list 3 different Scion models individually that are closer in classes to each other than the H2 and H3.

Looks to me That the Scion Tc is most ticketed, followed by the Scion XB and then CLK63.

Hummer H2/H3 SUV 463%
Scion tC Coupe 460%
Scion XB Station Wagon 403%
Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe 397%
Toyota Solara Coupe 306%
Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG Coupe 276%
Scion XA Hatchback 275%
Subaru Outback Station Wagon 266%
Audi A4 Sedan 264%
Toyota Matrix Hatchback 264%
Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Elcova Newbie

03h2gm is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

been driving my 03 h2 for three your years and not a single ticket, have to say its not the car you drive its how you drive your car.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Biskxp is on a distinguished road

Got pulled once so far ....... at 4am in the morning.....

By a car and a dog unit.

They approached and asked "Is this your vehicle sir??", I said "Yeah???", The response was "Its really nice isn't it? Can we have a look???". It had been a really boring drive anyway - made for some entertainment.....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Hummer Professional

lonePalm is on a distinguished road

Never ticketed yet in it.....Parking! Huh I park wherever the f@#$ I want!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got pulled over for tinted windows in the front/passenger sides. He gives me warning ticket.... then starts being my buddy and asks "hows do you like your truck?" Ive been liking your truck everytime I see you down this road", "I love the blacked out look".....Then, Im thinking to myself.... you bust my balls first, and now you want to talk about my truck!! BTW.. this has nothing to do with anything, but this ease up my stress when I watched it.. http://www.youtubecom/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Never pulled over in my '03 or my '06. My wife got a ticket in the '03 (46 in a 30 at 1 am), but she has a lead foot. I won't even mention how much over she got ticketed for in the ZR1. I think the statistics about Hummers getting more tickets is warped science and without any basis in fact. Probably thought up by the tree huggers.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Link should be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ missing some periods in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2
I got pulled over for tinted windows in the front/passenger sides. He gives me warning ticket.... then starts being my buddy and asks "hows do you like your truck?" Ive been liking your truck everytime I see you down this road", "I love the blacked out look".....Then, Im thinking to myself.... you bust my balls first, and now you want to talk about my truck!! BTW.. this has nothing to do with anything, but this ease up my stress when I watched it.. http://www.youtubecom/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ
Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Biskxp is on a distinguished road

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...tupid_piece_of

for better quality