H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-06-2006, 01:36 AM

CzechMan is off the scale

Hey guys.....slowly...very slowly....I am narrowing my search for a brush guard.....found this guy on ebay....did anyone buy one from him and if so, how satisfied are you with the product? Looks identical to others, but with free shipping it makes for a hell of a deal.....I am just concerned about quality....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grille-Brush-Grill-Guard...645QQitemZ8034840801
Old 02-06-2006, 01:36 AM

Hey guys.....slowly...very slowly....I am narrowing my search for a brush guard.....found this guy on ebay....did anyone buy one from him and if so, how satisfied are you with the product? Looks identical to others, but with free shipping it makes for a hell of a deal.....I am just concerned about quality....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grille-Brush-Grill-Guard...645QQitemZ8034840801
Old 02-06-2006, 12:01 PM

OK....for the sake of research, I ordered one. Not like $250 is going to kill me if it is a piece of crap.....but worth a try. Will post pics as soon as it arrives. In the meantime....any recommendations for driving lights for the brush guard?

PIAA, HELLA....?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 PM

TNTH3 is off the scale

I started to buy the nerf bars from them but they sold early. Let us know what kind of product it is I need a brushguard also.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:45 PM

RFox is off the scale

You're right$250. won't kill you, but I can't believe you'll be happy with it. I've had guards on the front of my last three vehicles, and only the stainless steel one still looks new. It was more expensive than the others, but looks like it is new. Front guards are constantly blasted with road debris, and if it is chrome plated, it will pit, and start to look like crap. Stainless steel is the only way to go. Black or polished.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be concerned since it shows a black brush guard and calls out stainless steel. You can also tell the photo was used from another seller.

It's not the $250 that is a concern, it would be the $250 plus needing to buy a guard that you really like.

Make sure you post pics.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:11 PM

I thought the same thing about the pictures from another seller, but I found out they actually have their own full site and that is where these pics seem to come from. But we will see....someone has to be the lab rat on occasion :-) Based on their auctions, they first sold the stainless and I think they are just re-using the same template for the black one......I will definitely post pics....
Old 02-06-2006, 01:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RFox:
You're right$250. won't kill you, but I can't believe you'll be happy with it. I've had guards on the front of my last three vehicles, and only the stainless steel one still looks new. It was more expensive than the others, but looks like it is new. Front guards are constantly blasted with road debris, and if it is chrome plated, it will pit, and start to look like crap. Stainless steel is the only way to go. Black or polished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure, but their polished one is made stainless, so I would assume that the black one is too....not sure though.....I thought black ones were never stainless, but just powdercoated steel....that is why black always has less warranty than stainless.....am I wrong?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I personally don't think you can find a better finish than powder coat.You can dent the steel but you can't chip the powder coat.