H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

BreathlessPerformance.com is off the scale

We just finished testing our Supercharger system a got some good results. We did the test with our 8lb pulley and got these results. 0-60 in the high 6's and 1/4 mile times in the low 15's. MPG actually went up due to the efficiency of the engine. She now feels like a nimble and powerful sports car in a 7000lb truck. We have more data on our site if anyone wants to see it.

We also invite anyone in the area to come by and pay us a visit for a test drive. But be aware once you drive this H2 you will not want to back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Next test will be with a 9lb pulley!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thank You, Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com
Old 11-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

We just finished testing our Supercharger system a got some good results. We did the test with our 8lb pulley and got these results. 0-60 in the high 6's and 1/4 mile times in the low 15's. MPG actually went up due to the efficiency of the engine. She now feels like a nimble and powerful sports car in a 7000lb truck. We have more data on our site if anyone wants to see it.

We also invite anyone in the area to come by and pay us a visit for a test drive. But be aware once you drive this H2 you will not want to back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Next test will be with a 9lb pulley!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thank You, Ernie
Old 11-26-2002, 08:05 PM

Daft_Punk is off the scale

But MPG went up?? and 0-60 in the 6's?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]If that is true then that is one heck of a add-on package for thoes that choose to do so.. Just wonder about warranty. I will read more about it at your site.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

If you use the root style supercharger you can get a 3 year 30,000 mile warranty with it.

MPG goes up cause you need less throttle to move your H2.

Thank You, Ernie
Old 11-26-2002, 11:52 PM

Afreet is off the scale

If you install a supercharger on the H2 does that mean that you can't go off-roading/significantly decrease off-roading ability due to the replacement air filter?
Old 11-27-2002, 12:33 AM

TS is off the scale

Ernie,
Just checked out the test results... amazing. I would hate to be on the recieving end of a 3 ton beast barreling down at me that quickly. I am very interested in some of the less extreme mods. I have read on this forum aftermarket airfilters may not be best suited for offroading, they may not hold up that well to getting wet. Your thoughts on that? And how would these mods, specially computer programming affect Hummer Warranty and the inevitable recalls?
Old 11-27-2002, 12:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Sorry to be the skeptic on this forum, but with all the engineers at GM contemplating how to design an awesome H2 and the investement dollars behind it, why would they not have thought to tweak a few parts and raise both mileage and acceleration? It seems counterintuitive to raise performance without giving something up, like shedding weight or buring more gas. What am I missing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 03:04 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ernie-

When you get a moment, would you please provide performance numbers and benefits of the two superchargers you currently have listed on your website. I see both the "Procharger" and the "MagnaCharger". Cost of the Procharger is $6,999 while the MagnaCharger is $5,799. Also, what is the difference in these two units and the Whipple Supercharger over at Extreme 4wd for $5,978.

Thanks.

-Wayne
Old 11-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

To answer the mpg question, the only time that the MPG would decrease is if you are under full acceleration. Under part throttle conditions the MPG would increase due to the efficiency of the engine.
Our company is well known in the Corvette industry to the point to where our products are available through GMs performance catalog and our network of 300 dealers. We even support our own SCCA road race and NHRA Drag teams. All our products are thoroughly tested in our R & D dept before it goes to the public.

As for the 2 types of supercharger systems here are the differences.

Magna unit has less upper HP but more bottom torque, pretty easy to install, a little less expensive and offers a 3 year 35,000 mile warranty for 200.00 extra.

Procharger unit has greater HP gains in the upper RPM but a little harder to install.

Our opinion is that for a stock cubic inch or non head and cam engine to use the Magna charger. For under 550 HP

For larger Cubic inch or head & cam packages the Procharger unit will be more effective by being able to provide the required CFM to produce the needed boost. For over 550 HP

If anyone wants please call me and I will explain in greater detail about the supercharger differences and there function.

Thank You, Ernie
954-925-7725
Old 11-27-2002, 07:51 PM

m998 is off the scale

Hey BP.com … I only see the answer to the first part of Hummerdogg’s question. I am also interested in different manufacturers approach to the HP/MPG question.
Your site has intake/exhaust solutions which also seem to be similar to the Extreme Flow applications. What are the differences between the two intake/exhaust products?
The HP/MPG figures posted are typical of what type of driving conditions?
I really like your aftermarket vented D cup. What performance increase would this add, would an "air box" need to be achieved and does the “direct” intake also bring in unwanted contaminants?
Old 11-27-2002, 08:21 PM

FordManH2 is off the scale

I just got a new pewter H2 today and was thinking about putting a blower on the engine. Whipple Industries has a great reputation for building a quality twin-screw supercharger. www.Superchargersonline.com is selling it for $4300 so you might want to check that out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ernie-

Do I need the ProCharger MicroTuner for either the ProCharger P-1SC or D-1SC on the H2?

-Wayne
Old 11-29-2002, 01:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

I am not sure of which supercharger they are using, we size our superchargers to work for the H2 with the correct CFM flow that way you do not overwork the charger and intercooler.

Superchargers come in differant sizes and CFM flows. You need to size it correctly for the application.

On the Procharger unit you would need to send us your computer to be programmed.

Thank You, Ernie
Old 11-29-2002, 01:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

One more point is that our supercharger unit mounts on top and replaces the stock intake manifold where the whipple mounts on the side and takes up more room. With our unit we take advantage of the room to use a larger more efficient supercharger.

Thank You, Ernie
Old 02-11-2003, 11:13 PM

hinten is off the scale

Ernie,
thanks for the information.
I have to pick this topic up one more time. So in comparison, the only difference you can come up with between the Whipple and Magna is size and therefore efficiency? Surely, for a $2000 difference there have to be some better arguments.
Lookign at the Wipple charger I get the feeling that one gets a lot of bang for their buck without compromising quality.
Thanks for some more info!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:01 PM

h2fan is off the scale

i like the whipple want to do one soon
Old 02-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Whipple and it runs great! Sorry that I don't have any dyno figures but there is a huge improvement in performance. Whipple advertises an increase of about 135 hp. I was one of the first to use the Whipple on the H2 and had some problems with the torque management and had to send the PCM off to Ed Wright for programming. I also have Edelbrock ceramic headers and a stainless catback exhaust system.
BTW I have had a whipple on my '94 454 Suburban for a few years and it runs flawlessly.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:44 AM

gonzo is off the scale

Blue Dragon Motorsports,
Did you know that Paxton Superchargers are coming out with a supercharger kit for the H2? The kit will be release in March. The kit will include a Novi 1200 (Polished) with aftercooler and bigger injectors. Yes, there are a lot of other superchargers companies out there but none have the history as Paxton and Vortech. Be the first to own one! I also sell all of Paxton and Vortech products. Don’t forget, Vortech also came out with the ‘02 ZO6 LS6 Corvette Kit. For inquires please email me at gonzomah@msn.com.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

Fist there are major differences between Whipple and the Magna unit. The Magna replaces the factory intake manifold and mounts on top. Very clean and easy access to the plugs and wires. Whipple mounts on the side, very cluttered, limited access to the plugs and wires. Magna unit comes with a program Whipple does not. We have even had to program a few H2s with the whipple charge to get them to work right. Magna has optional 3 year 35,000 mile powertrain warranty for 200.00 extra.
Whipple does not.

All in all I have installed both and do prefer hands down the Magna Charger.

Thank you, Ernie
Old 02-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

0-60 in the low 6's!!!! Put the crack pipe down!!!! I must say(again) that Ernie is full of crap. If there was even a shred of truth to your(once again) outrageous claim, you'd have every automotive magazine and tv crew lined up at your door begging to do a piece on you guys.
Plus, if you know so much about all things fast, why the f*** don't you know the difference between ALL of the different supercharger systems on the market? Wouldn't it be wise to research every possible system available so that you could give an intelligent answer? Go back to 'vettes. Please.

I apologize to all of the Forum members and guest for my outbursts regarding Breathless. I just can't sit idly by and watch some of these ridiculous claims being made by these guys.

"I smell varmint poontang."