Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 05-13-2003, 05:39 PM

Mike97ZJ is off the scale

Just curious. If there was no such thing as a Jeep, I'd probably want a '96+ 2-door Tahoe or Yukon. Either that or a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram shortbed ext. cab with tHe Cummins turbodiesel.

*member of the \"No Hummer Krew\"*
Old 05-13-2003, 05:39 PM

Mike97ZJ is off the scale

Just curious. If there was no such thing as a Jeep, I'd probably want a '96+ 2-door Tahoe or Yukon. Either that or a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram shortbed ext. cab with tHe Cummins turbodiesel.

*member of the \"No Hummer Krew\"*
Old 05-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd still be in my Tahoe Z71, I'm sure. I have been eyeing a used H1, though.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com
Old 05-13-2003, 08:47 PM

brianfriend is off the scale

I saw a really really torn up Z71 at carnage last year. It was stollen, driven where you can't drive a Z71, stripped and then the rock buggies ran over it.

Dammm...i wish I knew how to post pics

If it can break it can be fixed.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:23 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

If I did not have an H2 I would be driving a Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab jacked up on 39" with a Full Throttle lift and Bully Dog Power tuning....That would be the monster in my driveway.....

03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
President Houston Texas H2 Club Hummer Chapter..
Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Alec is right. The Range Rover and D90 are really capable vehicles. I've been impressed with both, but nothing comes off the showroom floor more capable to wheel than the HUMMER brand.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com
Old 05-28-2003, 08:40 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Alec is right. The Range Rover and D90 are really capable vehicles. I've been impressed with both, but nothing comes off the showroom floor more capable to wheel than the HUMMER brand.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well sold in the US I would agree with you, however what about a Defender 110. That is more similar to an H2. And it is IMHO better then the H2 stock.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:50 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

I REALLY like the M1 Abrams.

[This message was edited by DURAMAX TIM on 05-29-03 at 02:08 AM.]
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:53 PM

dr p is off the scale

My original choice was eithor an h2 or a suburban with 8" lift etc. Great question. if no h2 I would be driving a lifted Suburban. I figured it would cost me more to get the suburban where the h2 is stock.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Cadillac Escalade. Last year I finally made up my mind to buy my first SUV, a big black and mean Escalade.

I like big automobiles, there is really no new sedan that is big enough. Cadillac sedans, MB S class, BMW 7 are the only sedans I can consider, yet all too small. Got a Jaguar already. I had no choice but to buy a SUV. I went to buy a Cadillac Escalade but ended up with a Hummer.

Offroad was, is and will be totally irrelevant to me, my only impression of offroad was/is those very dirty and mean looking people on modified Jeeps with huge wheels you see on Sunday TV shows, these are factual but NOT derogtory statement or images. As a socially active family, we have never met an offroad person in real life. A member here once said "you feel sorta ostracized for not being some kind of hardcore offroader.", how can that be when I am just like 95% of the Hummer owners. If it is true that most members here offroad, which I highly doubt it, many are just faking it for peer pressure, then I alone represent the other 95%, while all of you represent the 5%.

Just casual fun talk, don't nobody get all excited jumping up and down to defend offroad, again. No need, read carefully, I am not make fun or light of offroad.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

First of all, whether someone offroad of not, or buy 26” rims, it is not my business, I do not look down or up on them. I certainly have my opinion, but that is for myself only. Once I reached middle age, I divide a lot of things into “my business” or “not my business”, surely simplifies many things in life.

It has often been said here, “why do you buy a Hummer if you don’t go offroad?”
Well, personally I never look at the Hummer as an offroad machine, for one thing, offroad was not in my life nor in my social circles, it is completely off the radar screen and irrelevant to me. When I bought a Hummer, I never consider I was buying an offroad vehicle, still don’t. This may not be easy for some offroad people to accept, my guess it is because they are so involved in the offroad world, they think everyone else in the world are aware of their hobby, such however, is not the case.

If you asked me what is a Hummer before I bought it, my answers would have been 1/ Military. 2/ Safari (I love animal shows), 3/ Mean looking vehicle.

To me, Hummer was not and is not a luxury brand, and it was/is not a prestigious or status brand. I will be the first one to tell you I am always very hooked on prestigious luxury brands, and would not consider any automobiles without such brands, such as MB, Jaguar, BMW or Cadillac. I am in no way ashamed of it, such is my life and my world and everybody else in it. Many people will pretend they are not that way and above it all, I don’t believe them but that’s not my business. To buy a Hummer, I thought I was stepping down to a cheaper truck.

Why did I buy the Hummer? 1/ Love at first sight. I saw it and it grabbed me. “You had me at first Hello.” 2/ I buy the image, therefore I am. 3/ Paradigm shift in image, from time to time I want to do something totally unexpected and shocking to people around me. 4/ Status, I did not buy Hummer for the status but that came with the Hummer, not a wealthy status but an unique Hummer status.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:48 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Mac
I have never off-roaded in my life either, but I now want to give it a try.

I am taking a Hummer driving class next weekend. I don't want to do anything extreme, I just want to try out my truck's capabilities. Because of this experience I will not be removing the sleeves from my tee-shirts or joining a bowling league when I return from the woods. Not that there is anything wrong with that. The sleeve removal thing that is.

I don't think one's social circle should be one of the determaining factors on whether one should off-road. Off-roading is a new experience in life that you should give a try, because it may be fun. Life is short, try new things.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:07 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I actually tried offroad trips twice, I thought it was obligatory. Just didn't grab me, I was bored. Just not for me, my loss.

I needed a destination, a goal, a purpose or a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When I go shopping, I go straight to the item and out. Between business, meetings, trips, social events and kids schools we got a full calendar. I spend 5 days a week and some evenings with guys, weekends are to be spent with my family, and more often than not we have a party at home on weekend. Maybe when I get old and retired, kids are away and I have time before 430PM senior discount opening time.

The main point I was trying to make was that some people asked frequently, "why would you buy Hummer if you don't go offroad?" they never understood that to 95% of the Hummer owners, Hummer WAS never an offroad vehicle from the start. This is NOT easy to get through because they have to jump out of the box to undertsand it.

Some people like to watch wrestling, some don't.

[This message was edited by MAC on 06-19-03 at 12:19 AM.]
Old 06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

A few years ago, suddenly the kids started watching WWF and buying those toys, we let it be but frankly we were very worried. It is going to be Dumb and Dumber? is it the lead in the paint? where did the bad influrence come from? were the boys dropped when young? It must be the mother's gene. The low point was when framed Goldberg poster went up. Fortunately that went away with boxes of WWF toys and the Goldberg poster was replaced with Britney Spear poster.

[This message was edited by MAC on 06-19-03 at 10:36 AM.]
Old 07-22-2003, 04:38 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

That six wheeled gizmo that I saw on Mail Call.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:43 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING, ANYTHING ELSE, THEN I COULD ENJOY IT AND ACTUALLY DRIVE IT..
Old 09-05-2003, 01:47 AM

2slo4now is off the scale

I would have to look at the new Dodge Ram with the Viper motor and 24's.

http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/index.ht...ype=main_image

Dan from Alabama