H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-11-2005, 01:45 AM

DICK-M is off the scale

After reading your information I bought one these units and wanted to have a Shop install it, but they gave some crud about Auto-Loc's instructions. So I printed out your instructions and did it my self in less then a 1/2hour and it worked Great. So Thank You Very Much for your Great Direction.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> wanted to have a Shop install it, but they gave some crud about Auto-Loc's instructions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're welcome & I'm not sure I'd go back to that shop.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:59 PM

rvs9 is off the scale

Where did you position your new control module in the overhead console? I have my XM radio tuner mounted in the front of my console and sits in a cut-out on the console. I guess what I am saying is that the front space of my console is taken up and am not sure if I will have room for the module.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:59 PM

hummerNCO is off the scale

Lost Wages, I wouldn’t worry too much about the “convenience” stops. You might even call them inconvenience stops. The first stop is about 3 inches from full open and the second is about 1 inch from full open. Now I could see if the first stop was 1/3 way and second was half way… that would be nice.

Now watch, everyone else’s probably does work that way and mine is just F’ed up.

Anyhow, I think after reading these posts, I’ll get one of these things. I hate holding my arm up for more than 3 seconds… it makes me sooo dizzy.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:14 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvs9:
Where did you position your new control module in the overhead console? I have my XM radio tuner mounted in the front of my console and sits in a cut-out on the console. I guess what I am saying is that the front space of my console is taken up and am not sure if I will have room for the module. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The module is about 3" x 1" & I just layed mine inside the console. There should be room but if not you could mount it up inside the roof area where the motor's located (see my install pics this post)
Old 03-11-2005, 06:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hummerNCO:
Lost Wages, I wouldn’t worry too much about the “convenience” stops. You might even call them inconvenience stops. The first stop is about 3 inches from full open and the second is about 1 inch from full open. Now I could see if the first stop was 1/3 way and second was half way… that would be nice.

Now watch, everyone else’s probably does work that way and mine is just F’ed up.

Anyhow, I think after reading these posts, I’ll get one of these things. I hate holding my arm up for more than 3 seconds… it makes me sooo dizzy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. The more I've thought about it I'm just as glad it doesn't do the convenient stop thing.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:17 PM

rvs9 is off the scale

Thanks LasVegas. Just ordered mine. As I do not keep alot of electrical doo-dads around the house, what materials will I nned in addition to wire cutters and electrical tape (i.e. # of quick clamp-on connectors, etc..)?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvs9:
Thanks LasVegas. Just ordered mine. As I do not keep alot of electrical doo-dads around the house, what materials will I nned in addition to wire cutters and electrical tape (i.e. # of quick clamp-on connectors, etc..)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's about it. 1/2 dozen clamp connectors should do it. Real easy install. You'll like it.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Jonahs
Got mine installed and works perfectly on 2005.
My first stop is as mentioned previouly. 3" from open and then touch it and it opens the rest of the way. Weird
Thanks
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Las Vegas,
Put mine in today and it works well, but I noticed when it moves to auto close, it stops before it gets all the way in and does not seal. In fact when it opens it open relatively fast, but on close it’s slow.... If I assist the sunroof with my hand by applying pressure the sunroof will close all the way and seal.
Thoughts?
Old 03-20-2005, 01:13 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
Las Vegas,
Put mine in today and it works well, but I noticed when it moves to auto close, it stops before it gets all the way in and does not seal. In fact when it opens it open relatively fast, but on close it’s slow.... If I assist the sunroof with my hand by applying pressure the sunroof will close all the way and seal.
Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I assume you are certain this didn't exist before installing the express module. If not, say so. With that said, the only thing that might cause this is low voltage/current - poor connections. The only other possibility would be a defective module but I doubt that. I would start by checking the wiring sequence per my install wire colors & their instructions. Be certain the correct wires are on the correct side i.e. motor side - switch side. Then I would check ALL the connections you made for good solid contact. Redo them if necessary. Did you use quick connectors? They can be a little tricky. If that doesn't correct the problem, bypass the AutoLoc system and see if it's still slow closing. If it isn't at least you've isolated the problem to the AutoLoc (or your install). You'll need to resolve this because continued use at low voltage/current can damage the motor. Nobody else has experienced this problem. Let me know what you find.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:58 PM

MNV1210 ... I've checked the sunroof wiring diagram and don't really see how the AutoLoc could cause the problem you're describing. Do the things above and let me know. Here's the wiring diagram.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear JMV210,

I haven't put one of these in, but will order one today. But it sounds like you are having a resistance problem. This could come from a few places. The sunroof might need lubrication or have a loose or bent part. There could be dirt or crushed leaves in the mechanism. The sensitivity on the WC1000's load sensor might be set too high or faulty. Not having seen one, I don't know if it is adjustable. You may want to ask the manufacturer. Otherwise, just tell them it is defective and ask for a replacement.

Dear LV,

Great installation detail. Thanks! Saves us all a lot of time & stress.

t~
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Hummer Authority

When I intially installed mine i had trouble with it opening but would close well. I did as Vegas said and went back with a meter and checked voltage at connections and the open side voltage would vary as I moved wire around. Rewired and worked perfect. The way it acted and having just installed i suspected My work first. The quick connects have for Me always been problamatic and I tossed them and went with inline connect to assure I had connections and all is OK.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Taz,

Thanks for clarifying and owning up. This helps, since I just ordered mine. That Vegas guy, he's alright, huh?

t~
Old 03-20-2005, 10:29 PM

<span class="ev_code_RED">Minor revision to wiring installation. See first post of this thread. For those that have installed per first instructions you do not have to change unless you want to. Will work fine as wired.</span>
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

I'll put it this way tower. There are only about 6 or 8 guys on this site that I would do something the exact way they told Me to with out guestion and if they were not sure they would send Me to one of the others to ask them.
Jonahs is top draw in any of Our books who have come to follow His directions. Follow it as He describes and do not deviate unless You discover a particular problem isolated to Your situation. Then when that happens let Vegas know He will look into it or post and one of the others will already know or they will look it up. I would not list them myself as I would be afraid to leave someone out but, by the time You follow this site for 6 months You will see who to pay attention to. But, right now you asked about Vegas and listen to Him if he finds a better way he will revise which i notice He just did on sun roof install. So there you go My opion and until proven different I'l follow My on advice.
TAZ (Rick)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Dear Taz,

Thanks for clarifying and owning up. This helps, since I just ordered mine. That Vegas guy, he's alright, huh?

t~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Minor revision to wiring installation. See first post of this thread. For those that have installed per first instructions you do not have to change unless you want to. Will work fine as wired.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Vegas, is the Tan switched? Is the orange garage opener power always ON?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Minor revision to wiring installation. See first post of this thread. For those that have installed per first instructions you do not have to change unless you want to. Will work fine as wired.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Vegas, is the Tan switched? Is the orange garage opener power always ON? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>H2Finally....The Tan wire to your sunroof is switched. The garage door transmitter wire is always hot. But you still couldn't operate the sunroof with the ign off (except during RAP power) because the module/motor is not powered. Your AutoLoc would only be sending a signal to an unpowered module/motor.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Hate to brag but My point proven by DA MAN Himself Las Vegas or by His friends
Jonahs The Great. And yes Jonahs I exepect brownie points but they are honest points as this is the advice i would give even in private to any who asked.
Thanks Jonahs and You other 6 or more and you now who You are and you all receive acolades at various times. This includes You to DRTY.
TAZ (Rick)