Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Land Use Issues

Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

hmcoleap is on a distinguished road
Default New England/New York Residents

On Tuesday, October 23rd. We are going to stage a mass call in to the MA legislature/governor, Deval Patrick.

As most of you know, there is little land unavailable to OHV use in MA. (At least there IS some land available)
What we are going to do:
At some point during the day, on Tuesday, OCT 23rd, we need everyone who reads this to call these numbers/people:

Governor Deval Patrick
State House, Rm. 360
Boston, MA 02133
Phone: (617) 725-4005
Fax: (617) 727-9725

SENATE PRESIDENT
THERESE MURRAY
State House

District Office
Tel: (617) 722-1500 Tel: (508) 746-9332

SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE
SALVATORE F. DIMASI
State House

Telephone: 617-722-2500
Facsimile: 617-722-2008
E-Mail: Rep.SalvatoreDiMasi@hou.state.ma.us

This is what you need to say:

MA Residents:

Hi, My name is_____________. I live in _________________. I am calling today to make sure that Governor Patrick is made aware that there is a large, growing constituency base that uses ATVs and 4x4s on state property and that more land should be made available, not less. Less will only cause those large numbers to be condensed into smaller areas, creating erosion/trail damage issues, more illegal wheeling and many people to seek out their recreation outside the state, taking their money and tourism dollars with them.

Thank you,

Non-Residents:

Hi, My name is_____________. I live in _________________. I am calling today to make sure that Governor Patrick is made aware that there is a large, growing tourism base that uses ATVs and 4x4s on state property and that more land should be made available, not less. Less will only cause those large numbers to be condensed into smaller areas, creating erosion/trail damage issues, more illegal wheeling and many people to seek out their recreation outside the state, taking their money and tourism dollars with them.

Thank you,

These people very often don't have a lot of time. So, the idea is to present our point and we're done. Also, chances are we won't actually speak to the Gov or these legislators but an office aide, secretary, etc.

Also, if they ask questions, here are some other topics you can insert into your dialog:

*did you know there are 147 state forests in massachusetts totalling over 450,000 acres, and not a single acre of state land allows 4x4 trucks or SUV's?

*I would like to see the state open land for the sole purpose of Off Highway Vehicle Recreation, and would happily pay a annual registration plus an entrance fee.

*Unfortunately, just a few bad apples who engage in illegal off pavement do a lot of damage to private property, wildlife management areas, wetlands and so forth. both clubs and environmental police officers agree that providing legal land is the solution to illegal offroading.

*i think there is a lot of revenue to be generated for the state by opening an ORV only forest.

*the club that i belong to is sanctioned by a larger association, the ( EC4WDA or NEA4WDC ) which represents hundreds of members, experienced in trail construction and maintenance. if the state were to work with the association, I'm sure that trail construction could be done by volunteers for free. i would certainly volunteer.

*i take x amount of weekend 4 wheeling trips to ME/NH/PA per year and would love to travel to a park that is closer instead, even if there was a significant fee, it's still less than the $200 round trip gas bill, and being closer, i could go several more times per year.

PLEASE.. LETS HIT THEM HARD!! This will only take a few minutes of each our days. If for some reason you are caught in meetings all day long and can't make the call, please make sure to call before several days go by.

Thanks!

Please spread this far and wide.

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
http://www.serious4x4.com
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lezam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New England/New York Residents

Will try to get that call in
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New England/New York Residents

Any feedback?
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!