H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

OK, here's the problem. As you see in the picture (not my H3), the circled area shows where the roof moldings meet. They should be flush against each other, right? Well on mine, there is about a quarter inch or more space between the moldings on both the passenger and drivers side. Not only that, the trim/molding underneath where they are supposed to meet is severly cracked/damaged. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I have warranty service visit scheduled next week have it looked at. My guess is it has been @ 40 below zero the last 2 weeks and I have to slam the doors to close them (Bulletin #05-08-64-002A Door Latch Freezing In Cold Temperatures). Then again, the piece that's cracked doesn't appear to be impacted when slamming the doors, so I don't know! I just noticed it today at work so I cant get an actual picture until tonight. oh, and I don't have the marker lights, so is there supposed to be gap there? Eitherway, the underneath shouldnt be cracked open! Any thoughts or similar problems out there?

thanks all
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

OK, here's the problem. As you see in the picture (not my H3), the circled area shows where the roof moldings meet. They should be flush against each other, right? Well on mine, there is about a quarter inch or more space between the moldings on both the passenger and drivers side. Not only that, the trim/molding underneath where they are supposed to meet is severly cracked/damaged. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I have warranty service visit scheduled next week have it looked at. My guess is it has been @ 40 below zero the last 2 weeks and I have to slam the doors to close them (Bulletin #05-08-64-002A Door Latch Freezing In Cold Temperatures). Then again, the piece that's cracked doesn't appear to be impacted when slamming the doors, so I don't know! I just noticed it today at work so I cant get an actual picture until tonight. oh, and I don't have the marker lights, so is there supposed to be gap there? Eitherway, the underneath shouldnt be cracked open! Any thoughts or similar problems out there?

thanks all
Old 01-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine are not flush, and if you have had Marker lights and or Roof racks installed, it could have just been put back together a little out of alignment. No biggy.

There is a fix, but it will take a little disassembly, are you wanting to do this? I can help.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the gap it is what it is.But the cracked roof rail is a problem.It is an installation fopa.
They are working on how to install it so the rail will not crack.The parts are not avaible
untill a fix is found.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Mine is this way and I think it squeaks, they are not cracked but there is a noticeable gap.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine has small gap I did bring it in at last service because right side wasnt clipped properly ,that fixed it also the left side had crack in roof plastic they ordered it and Im still waiting for it to come in.They are covering it under warranty no hassle.I will have them install new plastic at next oil change Ill have them look at the rear washerpump at that time that is on recall probobly get tires rotated and leave the truck for the day.Maybee they will give me a h2 loaner
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
As far as the gap it is what it is.But the cracked roof rail is a problem.It is an installation fopa.
They are working on how to install it so the rail will not crack.The parts are not avaible
untill a fix is found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, it is a known problem on a few.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Everyone....
Thanks as usual for all the feedback.

HummBebe: Thanks for the assistance, but I will probobly just have the dealer deal with it. Oh, and I don't have maker lights OR roof rails.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FishnMan:
As you see in the picture (not my H3), the circled area shows where the roof moldings meet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's my rig!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

Mine is at the dealer today and that is one of the things I pointed out to them. There is a gap and the piece is cracked underneath. They said warranty. Better be!

I am getting the DVD headrests and marker lights installed. Dealer screwed schedule up so I won't get it back for a three days . Gave me a Caddy to drive, so not too upset. Just not my Hummer though.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FishnMan:
Everyone....
Thanks as usual for all the feedback.

HummBebe: Thanks for the assistance, but I will probobly just have the dealer deal with it. Oh, and I don't have maker lights OR roof rails. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine as well have cracked in a spot. They told me once a solution is found they will fix.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BABHUMV:
Mine is at the dealer today and that is one of the things I pointed out to them. There is a gap and the piece is cracked underneath. They said warranty. Better be!

I am getting the DVD headrests and marker lights installed. Dealer screwed schedule up so I won't get it back for a three days . Gave me a Caddy to drive, so not too upset. Just not my Hummer though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much for the DVD headrests installed if you don't mind me asking? I would like to get a set.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

Our Poppy (as in California Poppy) has a gap in that location, which doesn't concern us but there is a small crack about 1/4" long on one side.

On aircraft we drill a small hole at the end of the crack to stop it from progressing and I am considering doing that to this crack. I wonder if that would prevent warrantee repair at a later time.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 02-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bruce is off the scale

yes mine is likke that as well. and mine is also cracked on the drivers side front
XM Radio
33\' Tires
Stainless Steel Brush Guard
Stainless Steel Side Tubs
LOVE IT.

!993 Corvette Red Pushing 400HP
Perfect Condition.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

NJHummerGuy is off the scale

Samething here....cracked on driver side as well.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

I had clapping wind noise from from the A Pilars coverings on top where they are overlapping the long plastic parts. Then I also noticed that there were cracks like you describe. My dealer confirmed the same as replied earlier. It is a warranty fix as soon as Hummer understands what the problem is and how to repair this.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone post an actual pic?????
Old 02-02-2006, 01:55 AM

Mike of Iowa is off the scale

Mine was cracked as well. I went to the dealer and found 5 more with the same problem. GM called me yesterday to ask how I like the H3 and they are aware of the assembly problem.

Mike
Old 02-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure I'd drive your rig in that condition. Tow it to the dealer and see if you get out of it under a lemon law.