H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-19-2006, 12:58 PM

hdfatboy is off the scale

I tried the anti-pinch feature on the sunroof and it did not work. The owners manual claims if any object is dectected in its path it will stop and retract to the open position, it did neither. When I took the H3 to the dealer for numerous other problems such as Stab. Traction fail, warp roof rails, rear door check creak and I also mentioned that the anti pinch feature did not work. The dealer techs tried several other H3 in the lot and not one anti-pinch feature worked. If you have young children Do Not let them touch the sunroof button, this button if touched only once will close the sunroof fully.which may do serious harm to your children. I spoke with the Customer Assistance Program many times about this problem and they assurred me that the engerring team in Detroit will be notified of this problem.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:58 PM

I tried the anti-pinch feature on the sunroof and it did not work. The owners manual claims if any object is dectected in its path it will stop and retract to the open position, it did neither. When I took the H3 to the dealer for numerous other problems such as Stab. Traction fail, warp roof rails, rear door check creak and I also mentioned that the anti pinch feature did not work. The dealer techs tried several other H3 in the lot and not one anti-pinch feature worked. If you have young children Do Not let them touch the sunroof button, this button if touched only once will close the sunroof fully.which may do serious harm to your children. I spoke with the Customer Assistance Program many times about this problem and they assurred me that the engerring team in Detroit will be notified of this problem.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

My anti pitch works fine although I got suckered into a aftermarket sunroof as they were on restriction at time of purchase and I couldnt find a adventure with factory sunroof in black or gray within a few hundred miles at time of purchase.I only had a week to find one due to turning in 2004 murano.I had to get a H3 within that week.All said Im happy the sunroof is not as big and nice as factory but whats done is done.Thinking back I should have looked further away or got a cutom rag top sunroof to be different it would of been about the same money.I do get a full warantty on the (german)sunroof 4 years 50k but probobly only at my dealer.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

I went out and tried mine a few times and yes the anti-pinch feature didn't work....gotta call the dealer now and let them know.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned

The Pink Lantern is off the scale

You want anti-pinch?

I love the pinching! and the squeezing....

oooooooooo!
Old 02-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Pink Lantern:

I love the pinching! and the squeezing....

oooooooooo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The <span class="ev_code_PINK">Pink</span> Lantern...interesting name, I hope we're not related...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

Chip is off the scale

So how do test it? Stick your hand out and wait till it stops? Then call Onstar and get the parimedics.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:31 PM

I tried to restrict movement by placing my hand in front as it was closing and it did not stop. Then I tried to forcefully stop it by putting both hands on the moving glass and it damn near lifted me out of the chair. Extreme caution if anyone trys this. The manual claims if it sences any object it its path it will stop and open fully...........
Old 02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Try using a throw pillow instead of your hand.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone stick their head up there yet to see if it works?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Why does it matter? Be a real parent and make sure your kids aren’t playing in the truck with their heads sticking out of the sunroof. That’s like complaining about the lack of reverse warning beeper if you back into someone. It’s not the manufacturer's responsibility to prevent injury caused by stupidity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Having thought about it a bit more they should also have a feature on the doors to prevent you from closing them if an object is in the way.

I once was stupid enough to close a car door on my finger and instead of feeling like a dumb ass for my mistake and dealing with it I should have tried to sue to car manufacture for their design flaw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What about the side windows?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What about the side windows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is nice that they go all the way down unlike some other cars & trucks. If they didnt that would suck.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Did anyone stick their head up there yet to see if it works? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no way, it's like putting your head on a guillotine...
Old 02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
What about the side windows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are made of glass and potentially very dangerous. I think this whole car thing is fraught with danger and I may move to Amishville and get a horse and buggy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's fraught with it's own dangers. It's too close to Frank
Old 02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

I discovered in December that it did not stop. I reached up there to get some ice off that was sliding aroune up there. I closed it then before it closed I reached up quick to brush off another.....I didn't realize that it was supposed to stop...although I kind of thought it should. I almost had my fingers pinched off but good thing instinct realized it was not going to stop and jerked my hand back.....I really don't think it was going to stop and I am glad I didn't find out how far it would go.

One of my dogs likes to ride with his head stiking out the top...no problem there. The one day I pushed the button and it started to close, the dog was in the back seat, anyway he decided he didn't want it to close so he went to stick his nose up ther while it was closing. I grabbed him a the last second....kind of scary.

But if you touch the button while it is moving then it will stop...really not a big deal if you are aware of what is going on as a couple posters on here so eloquently mentinoed.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anti-Pinch...what's next! I've installed systems to automatically close windows when hands/arms/heads are in the path!

Have any of you actually gotten "pinched"? from a window, it sounds like no one could completely go through with it. It doesn't even cut off circulation. (I had to test for security reasons :P)

As for the child safety...if the sunroof hurts them it will just make them fear and respect the sunroof, which is a good thing.