H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMERICH23 is on a distinguished road
Default Bose sound dies and Onstar quit.

Strange encounter today. 1 month after getting my 08, the dealer had to get me a new # 2 set of key and fob for the truck because they lost the original #2 set. So they just ordered a new set and it was programmed no problem. Today, 2 months later now, they find the original second set of keys and call me to come pick em up. So i use this new key to unlock and start the truck. As i am leaving i turn on the stereo and notice the volume for XM, CD, FM, etc would not go louder then prob a quarter of the volume up. The sound was absolutely horrible. Was Flat, No base, not loud, sounded very distant and like it was being heard from the bottom of a huge cave. All the settings were the same and nothing i did changed the horrible sound. Then Onstar would not work at all. No phone, no activation when hitting blue button, nothing. By the time i got home, i put the regular set of keys in the ignition, started it, and still same horrible sound and onstar problem. Its prob been 3 hours now so i will prob go back out later and try it again.
If it does it again i am pulling the battery cables and waiting 20 mins.
Anyone experience this before or any thoughts. I was thinking it was like some kind of security glitch since a new set of keys got programmed and the computer thinks something is up?

Last edited by HUMMERICH23 : 07-18-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale
Default Re: Bose sound dies and Onstar quit.

Your doing what I'd do. Don't think it would matter but on an 08 who knows. Your key1 and key2 program buttons may control more then what you might like. Search the steering button control for computer options. Everytime you put key1 in, it's program runs. Try key2... Some of what your having trouble with sounds like what GM couldn't get to work with my year. Excessive noise the music goes up... I got an old truck, still love it! Not one problem in 5 years. Bought 100k, never used. Keep it full ... gas. My web site has a truck, Looks like mind. His is cleaner so I'm showing his right now til I get mine washed Ya!. Mine has same tires SMA Brush guard plus a winch and Yellow. I like his color better too. Two good looking trucks. Hope your problem doesn't carry on too long. Like me I just want a perfect truck.

Last edited by It\'s a Dry Heat : 07-18-2008 at 02:38 PM.