Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 02-12-2003, 03:18 PM

jeepsrule is off the scale

it's all about mods you can take a stock h2 like my buddy has and a ruby like my other buddy has put them to the test the ruby will take the test better on most things but its built for that but my heavly modified jeep cj7 will beat the pants off both the ruby and the h2 but if i want to go on a road trip or anywhere else I want to go in the h2 I am 100% jeep guy for off road it's not fun to take a long drive and this is for allen jp mag. is by petersen's the same mag. that named the lexus the 4x4 of the year. and put the ruby and h2 low on the list you and i know that a h2 and ruby would spank the lexus offroad so its not to biased
Old 02-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Ya know what guys....

I've got a special fishing rod/reel that is called a "jig-stick". It's long and can really hurl a jig way the heck out there. When using this rod I can cover larger areas and really produce strikes by dragging that lure through more water. This rod is awesome and I love to hurl lures/jigs with it. It's the best, it's the best, it's the best!!!

But it doesn't work worth a damn for trolling, you don't want to hook up with a 60 pound tuna on it...and you certainly wouldn't use it for deep-rock fishing. Ya know what I mean?

This IS an H2 forum, most of the people here are into H2's, have H2's are come to discuss H2's. I don't mind a bit of contrasting....but there has to be a point when it's just offensive to members who come here to chat.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Allright, I've had enough. As SteveR stated:
"This IS an H2 forum, most of the people here are into H2's, have H2's are come to discuss H2's. I don't mind a bit of contrasting....but there has to be a point when it's just offensive to members who come here to chat."

Thank god someone has finally said what I have been thinking for the past month and a half ever since the jeepers and rover guys came over and started posting. I am so sick and tired of having to hear "how great modified jeeps are" or how "RR or D2's kick the H2's ass in off-roading" and listen to the daily comparisons that go on between the H2 and every other off-road vehicle and how much the H2 sucks and how great everything else is. I mean ****, if I really wanted the baddest off-road vehicle that would kick the **** out of every other vehicle discussed and pictured here, I would just call up Avalanche Engineering and have them build me their Zero G and put 2 1/2 ton Rockwells with beadlocked 44" Boggers. Then I could "out" off-road all you guys who have no interest in the H2 but must babble on a daily basis how great your rigs are. I would truly appreciate Jason creating a new discussion board titled "Other Vehicles and H2 Comparisons" where you guys could go and discuss all the wonderful merits of the other makes and models of off-road vehicles.

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 02-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Hummer Professional

OH, I'm sorry... Jason has already done that in the "Off Topic" Section of the Forum. There are two forums titled: "Off-Roading" and "Other Off-Roading Vehicles"... I would kindly appreciate the respective posters of such topics and information to use these two forums and leave the current forum you are in: "General H2 Discussion" alone so that we may use it for it's intended purpose... discussing H2's...

Old 02-13-2003, 01:42 AM

muskyman is off the scale

well thats a good point...but look back at where this thread started.

it may be a good idea for jason to put a few more rules other then the be-respectful rule on the sign up board.

one thing that comparisons do is start dialogue that makes people validate there opinions, and those valdating points offer a good insight into what it seams many people here are just starting out doing, using there trucks off-road

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Allen

H2 Veteran
posted February 06, 2003 04:30 PM
Ok, I just read March edition of JP magazine...H2 get trashed by the writer of JP magazine. They say Rubicon wins in hill climbing ability, handling, price. H2 wins in sand because of the powerful engine. Any thoughts? Has anyone 4 wheeled with a Ruby yet? if so, how did the H2 do. I know this must be a biased article.
Posts: 48 | From: Valencia,CA,USA | Registered: November 26, 2002 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there

Old 02-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Muskyman-

I understand this and can appreciate informative dialogue and "though-provoking discussion" however, I have noticed in recent visits to the H2 Forum, more and more posts have become centered around the lack of off-road ability of the H2 and the seeminly boundless/limitless off-road ability of other's vehicles. I understand exhuberance and pride when discussing one's vehicle especially when it is a vehicle that has been designed and built for a specific purpose (i.e. rockcrawling, mud bogging, trail running, etc.) but, let us not forget, when one customizes a vehicle to suit such a specific purpose, one must sacrifice some of the onroad capabilities that makes it wonderful as a daily driver. The H2 manages to do a very good job combining the best of both worlds.

-HUMMERDOGG

Old 02-13-2003, 01:57 AM

Allen is off the scale

Well exuse me Musky...what ever that means. I thought it was ok to post a legitimate question and invite feedback. The bottom line is this: If you don't want to read the responses to a question...then don't. If you think there are too many responses...then don't read them. If the thread is something your not interested in...then don't read them. By asking my legitimate question I was sincerely interested in what some of the other 4x4 experts of the forum thought. I am sorry for inciting such a huge offensive response that makes some members of this forum upset. Again, I thought this forum was to learn new things about our H2's, meet nice people that share a common interest. Maybe I was wrong.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:57 AM

Firebreather is off the scale

when you are the proverbial stock king of the hill (not counting the H1, Defender or G-Wagon) the rest feel compelled to take shots at you. they cant help it. do any of u feel compelled to go to Rover or Jeep boards and talk about how the H2 can out wheel any of those? of course not. why not? because u know u have the best vehicle in its class...

that said, i enjoy the comparisons. i agree with allen if u dont want to read them then dont click on them.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:59 AM

Allen is off the scale

Secondly, Mushky...maybe you should mind Jasons rule about being respectful. Your comment was rude.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Hummer Professional

Firebreather- God, you hit the nail on the head... I have never felt compelled to do this...

and Allen-

I was not throwing barbs in your direction... Merely commenting on the direction that I feel the recent posts have been going and displaying my dissatisfaction of such...

-Hummerdogg

Old 02-13-2003, 02:06 AM

Allen is off the scale

Hummerdog - No offense taken. I see alot of post that are simply ridiculous. I choose not to read them. Simple.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:35 AM

muskyman is off the scale

allen,

go back and quote what I said was wrong?,or disrespectful?

all I did was show hummerdogg that this wasent a thread started by a rovertroll invading jeep lover.

either lay off the caffiene or counter self medcicate with vallium because you seam wound pretty tight

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Old 02-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Wow....I'm so confused...

I think what it comes down to is this: We come here to discuss, relate and ENJOY the fellowship of owning an H2 or having an interest in eventually owning an H2.

Yeah...knowing what the H2 isn't and knowing about other vehicles can be interesting...but it's getting to the point where some peoples interest seem to be all about making sure we (the H2 forum) don't feel too good about our H2's.

Musky, your an interesting guy and certainly a wealth of information....but it would seem as though your purpose here is to make certain none of us are too impressed with our Hummers.
There are 3 things I'd like to point out:

1) Most of us here just laid down $60,000 dollars and took a gutsy chance on buying a first-year production vehicle. It's enough that the media and tree-huggers are on our asses and other people seem compelled to voice their disapproval....that we don't need to come together on this forum and feel bad here too.

2) The Hummer H2 DAMN WELL IS an amazing vehicle. It comes stock with huge tires, excellent clearance, great geometric design, an awesome 4x4 system, traction control, underside protetion, rear-locker and a host of other great features. The stock LR's freakin' blow! They have less clearance, their butts hang wayyyy past the rear axle and drag, they weigh as much as the H2, have NO rear locker and come with medium-sized road tires. They plummet in value, are poorly built, top-heavy and a complete class well below our bad-ass rigs. Your Pig-Scout is bad-ass, but it probably doesn't have 2% the luxury, comfort and city-handling the H2's have...nor will it carry your whole family...for that matter it's probably a trailered vehicle only. I don't know...and I don't mean to be rude...but I don't care.

3) THIS IS AN H2 FORUM

Snap-crackle-pop goes/went Steve...sorry 'bout that. I'm openly partial for blame....I asked lots of questions and paved some of the way. I appreciate your input about the tires and other performance issues....but I'd appreciate if you'd contribute to the positive aspects of the H2 from time to time to offset what seems to be a belittling theme.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

what I mean is.....you've got to break-free from this wet-blanket thing your casting. Hope you understand...and I think you do.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:26 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Allen:

I'm confused. Musky was just pointing out that HE didn't start this particular comparison thread. In my (not so) humble opinion, he's been nothing but respectful of the members of this forum, on this forum. Not sure why we're all jumping down his throat here.

And a muskie (aka musky) is a HUGE fish...go here to take a look:

http://www.muskiefishing.com/

Kelley
Old 02-13-2003, 03:32 AM

Allen is off the scale

Awwww. Ok. Thank you for clearing it up. But I think Steve sees what I saw in his reply. But oh well, I am going to go have some for caffeine so I can get really wound up and attack someone else...just kidding
Old 02-13-2003, 03:35 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Well, we know how tightly strung you So. Cal types are!

Kelley
Old 02-13-2003, 03:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Muskyman, Brainfriend, Jmoore, and the rest of you Discos,(carters puppets). Like a big badge for your forum, about as soon as you post here you run back there and post your (pony-up) challenges. Now--flexing a little monitor muscle--as Musky put it over there, I don't give a **** about what you drive, where you drive it, or how you modify it. You Boys&Girls need to move on. As far is I'm concerned, You have worn out your welcome. I've read every post about Hummers at your site. The Knowledge you have of these vehicles is miniscule at best, and you bring nothing to this forum but discontent because of it.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:08 AM

jeepsrule is off the scale

this is for steve r and hummerdog my post was not to slam the h2 or to say mines better than yours but until both of you go off roading with both the ruby and the h2 and see for yourself if im not mistaken the topic was rubicon vs.H2 so i dont think im out of line on this topic matter of fact both you guys pissed me off that was down right disrespectfull so both of you can take your great big h2 turn them clock wise no no counter clock wise and stuff them both up your asses. MY COMMENT TO STEVE AND HUMMERDOG ARE NOT MENT FOR ANY OTHER RESPECTED H2 OWNER THANK YOU .
Old 02-13-2003, 06:18 AM

Firebreather is off the scale

u go there boy