H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

After doing tons of research I have found several body lifted H2's on the web, some are easier to spot then others...

This is a 1" body lift. The owner claims he made the lift pucks himself. I wouldn't recommend making them yourself or using hockey pucks for that matter since there was no R&D or testing to ensure they are safe. You can purchase the 1", 2" or 3" lift blocks on www.performanceaccesories.com
, he built custom bumpers so it's hard to detect the BL.

This is a clean looking 2" body lift, I'm assuming this used to have 44 or 46" tires at one time since these 40's are swimming under it. Other than the gap guards it's hard to detect the BL since he had his bumpers extended. Look at how tall the front bumper is and how much the rear drops down from the end caps. A clean install, just a lil much on top of a huge FTS lift.

Here is a 3" BL that used the lift blocks to raise the front bumper, kinda looks like a crack head's smile though, especially using the slimmer style "small block" vs. the "big block" aka 3"diameter (not height).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiyB70hMuk

I'm assuming he raised the rear bumper by raising the rear clip with 3" square tube stock, and bolting it between the clip/hitch and frame.

Here is an example of a 3" BL with the front bumper and fascia with a filler but no rear bumper raised... looks like poop (raise the bumper). Keep in mind your rock rails and tube steps are mounted to the frame, and will look retarded with a body lift cause they will be hanging way down.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

Now the guys at B&C off road do body lift installs a little different. They cut the frame right after the core support in the front (right in front of the steering box), and right before the last body mount in the rear. The weld in steel square stock and cap the ends of the open frame. They raise the cut portions of the frame right with the body. It's a nice look and for what they quoted me ($1300 parts included) seemed like a fair deal. I originally wanted to go this route, but I don't live in TX (where B&C is located) and no shops in NC were willing to take on this project, so I went a different route. If you look at these pics, especially at the front next to the skid plate you can see the squared off capped frame where it was raised.

Notice how you can see over the frame right in front of the rear wheel wells. This is why I opted to only go 2" on mine. I think it's forgivable on top of a huge lift, but on top of a small suspension or no suspension lift, might look a little weird.

Here is another clean H2 with a body lift using a filler between the front bumper and fascia.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

Here are some more body lifted H2's, this black one has an early Third Coast suspension and appears to be a B&C install since they are TCS.

Pretty sure this has a B&C installed BL as well.

And another one...

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Hummer Authority

I just installed a 2" body lift on mine. We used a 03-05' 2500HD kit so the bolts would have the same TPI, but we had to buy 4 more bolts. Besides fabbing bumper brackets it was pretty straight forward. My installer said next time he wouldn't buy a kit as the oem fuel hose is more than long enough (at least on the 2" kit) and the steering extender was not necessary since they have a telescoping steering shaft (at least on 2" kit). Basically buy the pucks and match up some bolts, or buy a kit and have a lot of extra parts that your can't use. I'm waiting for him to send me more pics and I'll do a write up. I opted for only a 2" since the 3" will show a gap between the frame and body right before the rear wheel wells and you will see some of the body lift blocks.

I swapped almost all the spacers for the BB-2's to help hold the weighted leverage of the SMA grill guard, note the difference in the block diameters.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

damn bimmer! B&C offroad is 10 minutes from my house and i had no idea they did h2 body lifts!!!
Thank you for this posting that. i need to track down that guy who did the 2" body lift and fit 40's in there somehow...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
damn bimmer! B&C offroad is 10 minutes from my house and i had no idea they did h2 body lifts!!!
Thank you for this posting that. i need to track down that guy who did the 2" body lift and fit 40's in there somehow...

I just did the 2" body lift (The black H2 SUT). I also have a Rancho suspension and Truxxx keys/blocks.I would have taken out the Rancho and gone for a Bulletproof, Cognito or Third coast but the Rancho required the diff ear mount to be cut off as well as a lower A arm mount , so this was a lot more cost effective.
the 40's fit before, but rubbed... now I have no rubbing.

Mine was done here in NC at RIDES in Conover NC. They got some awesome metal fab guys that work with Nascar and know their stuff. Talk to Kevin @ B&C he was very helpful in my collecting information.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

how high is it now? Man thats looking good.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
how high is it now? Man thats looking good.

The 40's fit with the Rancho kit and keys/rear spacer, but rubbed. I can now take sharp turns.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Stellar is off the scale

Awesome looking Hummer! Thank you for researching this topic. A 2" Body lift is exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to the write up.
2" wheel spacers
In Tune I2, Air Raid Filter, Air Raid MIT, throttle body bypass, straight pipe exhaust
Cognito UCAs. Kryptonite UCA ball joints. Kryptonite tie rods. Kryptonite death grip Idler. Moog HD pitman.
5.13 gears. E-locker front
Bilstein stabilizer
Old 06-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Awesome looking Hummer! Thank you for researching this topic. A 2" Body lift is exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to the write up.

Well it's very straight forward, none the the ground straps had to be extended or wiring harnesses (with the 2" BL). The fan was dropped down, using the brackets with the 03-05' 2500HD kit (you could easily fab some up). They did the BL in one day, then fabbed the brackets and bumper filler the next day.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Hummer Authority

The rear bumper was raised using 2x2" stock, the bottom portion of the rear clip was cut off (the section that used to wrap around the bottom). Custom brackets were then welded to the bottom of the rear clip/hitch, and new longer bolts were installed.

The bumper end caps tilted down for some reason once it was installed, some washers were put behind the top tow hook bolt (behind bumper) to shim it straight. I'm guessing there must be some variance between the inside of the stock rear clip vs. the 2x2" steel stock, or cause the bumper is right up against the bottom of the new bracket... whatever the reason is, it's straight now.

Bottom of custom brackets.

Bracket bottom had to be notched to clear bumper's contours.

2x2" steel stock.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Nice lift but what about your rear tow hooks? How are those now attached? Are they only for show now?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Nice lift but what about your rear tow hooks? How are those now attached? Are they only for show now?

They are still functional, they screw into the rear clip just like before. The entire rear clip was moved up on 2x2" steel stock and bolted through just like it was before, just higher.

*Note they welded on spacers to push the bumper slightly out so the frame rail and extended rear clip bracket will clear the bottom of the bumper, they also cut the frame rail in an angle to clear the bumper as well.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

best thread ever

got any more pics of that first h2, 1" body lift and 39.5s?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
best thread ever

got any more pics of that first h2, 1" body lift and 39.5s?

He's on my FB, but I can't remember his name.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Several people have contacted me about who installed / fabricated the kit, I'm sorry I for got to mention it was RIDES on Conover NC.

http://www.ridesofconover.com/
Old 06-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
He's on my FB, but I can't remember his name.
Rick Grucz. theres way more than just a body lift on that thing. he also has a 6.5 suspension lift if i remember correctly. and 42" Iroks. also whatever pucks he fabbed himself must work because he beats the $hit out of that thing offroad.

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
he also has a 6.5 suspension lift if i remember correctly. and 42" Iroks.

If he had a 6.5 suspension lift of any make he would have a torsion bar cross member drop down, every company has one with their lift. I think he might have keys and spacers too, but no suspension lift that I can see.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
If he had a 6.5 suspension lift of any make he would have a torsion bar cross member drop down, every company has one with their lift. I think he might have keys and spacers too, but no suspension lift that I can see.
I may be wrong but there is no chance he runs 42's off keys and a 1" body lift. I've seen this thing in person and its a monster. almost everything on it is made by the owner. If you really want to know ask Eric(humminboatin). he knows the guy

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.