Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 02-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

So for a few months now, I've been trying to get Four Wheeler Magazine to publish a pic of my H2 in the "Readers Rides" section.

The April 2005 issue showed up at my door yesterday, and it's the one with the annual TTC layout. 60 trucks from all over the country competing to be the top truck. So, as usual, I start skimming for trucks from CO to see if I know anyone. Sure enough, there's Cory's Jeep. Good for him.

There's another competitor from Golden, CO, and DAMN that pic looks familiar. Hey, I took that photo, and e-mailed it to the guy. And damnit my brother-in-law's little POS Disco is in the background, but no Hummer. Figures.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Hummer Guru

So for a few months now, I've been trying to get Four Wheeler Magazine to publish a pic of my H2 in the "Readers Rides" section.

The April 2005 issue showed up at my door yesterday, and it's the one with the annual TTC layout. 60 trucks from all over the country competing to be the top truck. So, as usual, I start skimming for trucks from CO to see if I know anyone. Sure enough, there's Cory's Jeep. Good for him.

There's another competitor from Golden, CO, and DAMN that pic looks familiar. Hey, I took that photo, and e-mailed it to the guy. And damnit my brother-in-law's little POS Disco is in the background, but no Hummer. Figures.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

THAT SUCKS Give them a call and ask them just what the hell is up with them not putting you Hummer picture in there Magazine.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:28 PM

4churchill is off the scale

nice email seth!.......adam that sucks man, but i agree a good talking to should put the mag in line, maybe even a little more then readers rides could come out of it....good luck

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Hummer Guru

I e-mailed this:

Dear Sir or Madam;

This has been a very difficult issue for me, to say the least. I found many interesting things in this issue, and intended on writing this once I came across the first one. Then it was compounded by the other.

Your "What Hits, What Fits" guide has been bothering me for more than a year now. Last year, when you published this article, I chuckled because I knew full well that my 2003 H2 (see included pics) has had 37" BFG tires on it, with no lift, almost all it's life. It has managed trails that way including Holy Cross in Colorado to Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider in Moab, Utah. I now have MTs instead of the ATs, but I removed the stock tires for the 37" ones some time ago. I have now also added Rock Crawler Series 97 wheels and Rancho 9000 shocks, and I assure you with better shocks and off-set wheels, nothing hits. Just a little FYI.

This is, of course, the TTC issue as well. Excellent! I love the TTC. So, the first thing I always do, is start skimming for trucks from Colorado to see if I know anyone. All right! Number 11 is Corey's Jeep. Good for him. I always liked that Jeep. Hey, there's another one from Golden, CO, and the picture looks awful familiar. Wait a minute. I took that picture. In fact, there's my brother-in-law's, used (but new to him) Disco in the background. Well, that sucks. I've been trying for a long time now to get Four Wheeler to put my H2 in the "Readers Rides" section with no success. Guess I should make sure my truck is in the background on every photo I take, since I never know when it's going to pop up. And don't worry, we even have the H2 in our professionally done wedding photos.

Anyway, thanks for such a great magazine, and for letting me rant a bit. I hope this finds you well, and I still hope to see my rig in your magazine someday!

Adam P. Smith
Old 02-16-2005, 04:09 PM

4churchill is off the scale

firm but kind

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-18-2005, 05:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

What's with you guys?!!! Nobody called him a pee-drinking, gerbil-stuffing sausage-gargler. I mean, at least accuse him of intentionally pooping his pants.
You guys are weak... very weak.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Adam,
I edited it for you to re-send.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam in CO:
I e-mailed this:

Dear Sir or Madam;

This has been a very difficult issue for me, to say the least. I found many interesting things in this issue, and intended on writing this once I came across the first one. Then it was compounded by the other.

Your "What Hits, What Fits" guide has been bothering me for more than a year now. Last year, when you published this article, I chuckled because I knew full well that my 2003 H2 (see included pics) has had 37" BFG tires on it, with no lift, almost all it's life. It has managed trails that way including Holy Cross in Colorado to Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider in Moab, Utah. I now have MTs instead of the ATs, but I removed the stock tires for the 37" ones some time ago. I have now also added Rock Crawler Series 97 wheels and Rancho 9000 shocks, and I assure you with better shocks and off-set wheels, nothing hits. Just a little FYI.

This is, of course, the TTC issue as well. Excellent! I love the TTC. So, the first thing I always do, is start skimming for trucks from Colorado to see if I know anyone. All right! Number 11 is Corey's Jeep. Good for him. I always liked that Jeep. Hey, there's another one from Golden, CO, and the picture looks awful familiar. Wait a minute. I took that picture. In fact, there's my brother-in-law's, used (but new to him) Disco in the background. Well, that sucks. I've been trying for a long time now to get Four Wheeler to put my H2 in the "Readers Rides" section with no success. Guess I should make sure my truck is in the background on every photo I take, since I never know when it's going to pop up. And don't worry, we even have the H2 in our professionally done wedding photos.

Anyway, thanks for such a great magazine, and for letting me rant a bit. I hope this finds you well, and I still hope to see my rig in your magazine someday!

P.S. Suck my cock you one sided sperm gurgler.

Adam P. Smith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Video Collectionez

Old 02-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I wouldnt' put your pussy ass H2 in the MAG either...
Old 02-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mooncricket:
I wouldnt' put your pussy ass H2 in the MAG either... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't think you have to worry about getting your feces covered, gerbil-hauling rainbow colored rig in there either.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mooncricket:
I wouldnt' put your pussy ass H2 in the MAG either... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't think you have to worry about getting your feces covered, gerbil-hauling rainbow colored rig in there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Yup." - Hank Hill
Old 02-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I wasent worried about it DRTY.

But your abs. correct. No "money making agenda" magazine is gonna dare put a rig in that has no more than $500 dollars in suspension work, no more than $200 dollars in mods, open diffs, and can still keep up with most moderately built rigs. Could you see the sponsoring vendors now?

well, this 97 TJ has a used 2 inch Teraflx Lift. 32 INCH tires with stock control arms front and rear. Stock Drivetrain, Stock Skid Plating, DANA 35 AXLE and only 32 inch tires.

Quite the TTC RIG eh?
Corey from Colorado had nothing on me

For real though, just Joking Adam. I cant believe they haven't gotten your beast in there yet. It will come.
Myself, I'm just beating the **** out of my Jeep, not putting any more money into it, and getting ready to purchase an Unlimited Rubicon. THen maybe someday drty.....
Old 08-01-2005, 08:04 PM

rockwerks is off the scale

Hey Adam you do realize it takes months or even years for your reader ride to show up in the magazine? I got a rig of posted in 4 wheeler 2 years after I sold it! They get thousands of pics a month and from what I gather its like a lottery to get in. most never do